Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:13:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Im afraid of Hackers/Scammers!  (Read 618 times)
chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:00:21 AM

Hey guys.Im a newbie on crypto world.However i started doing my first money 1 year ago using e personal method.However i have improved and now i have like 4-5k worth of alt which i keep on exchange wallets.Are they safe?Or should i get anther wallet?

And yes,I have 100 % secured with email,number ,long password and 2FA but im still afraid

Keeping your funds and coins in an exchange wallet too long is not advised. This is okay if you are a day or week trader because money recirculates in your wallet but if you are going to hold your coins for a long time in an exchange wallet, I suggest that you use hardware wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CuteBaby123

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:05:16 AM

Hey guys.Im a newbie on crypto world.However i started doing my first money 1 year ago using e personal method.However i have improved and now i have like 4-5k worth of alt which i keep on exchange wallets.Are they safe?Or should i get anther wallet?

And yes,I have 100 % secured with email,number ,long password and 2FA but im still afraid

I think every person who has large amount of coins in their wallet is afraid of scammers and hackers. But if you securely hide your private keys and doesnt use one password on all your accounts in your wallet, you are safe. There is no need to be paranoid about hackers. Hackers will take too long to know your password or private key.

[ GDP ] GOODS DIGITAL PASSPORT
Make Counterfeiting Goods Impossible (https://gdpassport.com/)
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:09:56 AM

In the last line that what you wrote that you have everything in strong way then I don't think that you should take any panic in your mind to have your bitcoin and another crypto in your exchange account .Here my strong recommendation for you is to have antivirus in your pc Because sometimes hackers execute Thier keylogger software with much ease and can hack .
But here even with all type of security you should not think that you are 100% secure always take care that whether anyone trying to reach you or anyone trying to caught your details .
And also I strongly recommend you that don't go for any type of the cloud mining contract platform and investment site for high payout Because those are only scam .
Selly Arumsari

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:17:32 AM

i think it enough secure because 2fa and number phone is difficult to hack
but my advice is don't put your all coins in one wallet, because if hacker login in your wallet, you will lose all coins
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:33:47 AM

100% secured with email, long password and activated 2FA, I'm sure hackers can't hack your account but are you sure that exchange wallet 100% secured? it can be hack anytime, I think its better to divide your alts in some secure wallets.

blockbryan

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:39:56 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 04:01:01 PM by blockbryan

temporary off
photo123

Activity: 198

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:48:02 AM

Hack attacks can happen without warning don't put all of your money in to 1 wallet  I would suggest you hardware wallets the best option to put your eggs into 1 basket
PanGiMoon

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:53:49 AM

Exchange wallets are, of course, for the most risky, keep on the hardware wallets for a long time, and you will also win. Well and still no one is immune from hacking, we are responsible for our money and we need to do all kinds of hindrances ourselves for hackers.
anzhanbei1214068

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:56:27 AM

We think exchanges are safe because they depend on the safety of their customers.

If you want to save for a long time, you need your personal wallet.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:00:27 AM

it is a good example for us to secure our account with all we can do and I hope that he can also increase his level too to secure his account. I wonder which exchanges that he keep his coins. and if he keeps his coin in poloniex, bittrex, then he is safe and doesn't have to be afraid. but if he still afraid about this, I think he can move his coin to another wallet that could keep many wallets which is a multi wallet that I am afraid that he cannot keep all of his coins because until now, I cannot find a multi wallet that could keep all of the cryptocurrency. maybe he can use two or three a multi wallet to keep all of his coin.
fneli21 (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:59:57 PM

this depends on how secure the exchanger you use, but my advice you should move the coin that you have from the exchanger to the private wallet, because there are many large exchangers that successfully hacked by hackers, eg etherdelta who have several times experienced it, and the loss is us the users
I use binance and everything is secured,2fa email,phone nuber etc but i m thinkng seriously  to buy an hardware wallet
johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:59:53 PM

Withdraw your money from the stock exchange. Well, you what? Money on the stock exchange is not your money. At that moment, money belongs to the exchange. Scammers will hack the exchange = take everything from the stock exchange. They will not even climb into your wallet, scammers do not need it. They will get access through the exchange. Keep your money in your purses. It's much safer.

RomanPetrush

Activity: 630
Merit: 123

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:26:05 PM

Don't be afraid if someone will decide you to make a target you will loose a lot if don't have a special security team. So relax, but use some kind of hard wallet.

dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 04:35:50 PM

The #1 reason why people say don't store stuff on an exchange wallet is because you are not in control of your seed/key.
Practically speaking though, if you have all of those things enabled, it is highly unlikely that you will get funds stolen even if the website got hacked.
Of course, there could always be an inside job then no matter what you do you will get screwed.

So rather than debate whether you will get hacked or not, why don't you be more practical?
It seems like it is pretty stressful for you to worry about leaving stuff on exchanges, so why not get rid of that worry and move them out?

For me, I always keep a certain amount on an exchange so I can actively trade and take advantage of pumps and what not.
But beyond that set amount, I always move it to my ledger.
You should look into it, they are actually really cheap.

jackky

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:51:12 PM

You should usually keep it off exchange wallets since they may get hacked and lose your money. If you don't own the private keys to your coins, they're essentially not yours.

You definitely should use other wallets for your BTC/alt coins. Consider even buying a hardware wallet such as a Trezor or Ledger Nano seeing as you have 4-5K of crypto.
No one can stay in the position of hackers, even hackers attacking even the police department or the defense department, and I've had pirates attacking the police station and taking over. valuable information, the news has been broadcast to the social network is also very much, now hackers have a lot and very active, so we need to be careful
xanaxxx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:59:43 PM

you're right to be afraid as it's a real threat. The best option is to purchase hardware wallet like trezor or ledger and store it there, make proper back up. It will never be safe online.
terible.hunter

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:12:31 PM

Of course, everyone is afraid of hackers and scammers and you are no exception, so it's worthwhile to be more attentive and vigilant with regard to questionable resources, and also it is worth checking the DNS addresses of the purses so that everything is correct.

sudnokpok

Activity: 406
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:16:34 PM

Do not keep all your assets in the exchanger, save it in your private wallet.Judging by your title maybe I'm more afraid of scammers than hackers.
tarlok01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:21:07 PM

You can hear numbers of times about the problems regarding security of coins. Many ties i have heared about the hacking news. To make yourself safe from hacking of your valuable coins use god security systems and do your trading carefully.
anylic

Activity: 278
Merit: 115

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:27:54 PM

It's best to include the coins on myetherwallet if the project uses ETH's smart contract and other projects using their own wallet. Don't hold property on the exchanges

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: