Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:40:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Im afraid of Hackers/Scammers!  (Read 618 times)
fneli21 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:13:55 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 02:29:36 AM by fneli21

Hey guys.Im a newbie on crypto world.However i started doing my first money 1 year ago using e personal method.However i have improved and now i have like 4-5k worth of alt which i keep on exchange wallets.Are they safe?Or should i get anther wallet?

And yes,I have 100 % secured with email,number ,long password and 2FA but im still afraid
Isolation

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:17:56 AM

You should usually keep it off exchange wallets since they may get hacked and lose your money. If you don't own the private keys to your coins, they're essentially not yours.

You definitely should use other wallets for your BTC/alt coins. Consider even buying a hardware wallet such as a Trezor or Ledger Nano seeing as you have 4-5K of crypto.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:25:38 AM

Hey guys.Im a newbie on crypto world.However i started doing my first money 1 year ago using e personal method.However i have improved and now i have like 4-5k worth of alt which i keep on exchange wallets.Are they safe?Or should i get anther wallet?

Don't keep all of your savings on exchange wallets as I'm sure you're aware these tend to be hacked periodically. Only keep your standard trading volume on the exchange, and move the rest to a private wallet. Also, exchanges tend to ramp up the transactions fees, so it's in your best interest in the long run.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
lanax

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:28:25 AM

This is really bad idea to hold your money at exchanger wallet. If you have coin more then 1k$ you should bout ledger nano s . this is best cold wallet (google it and you will find everything)
Exchangers very offen hack.
Useacoin

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 12:30:08 AM

Not only are you at risk of your funds being stolen from your account being compromised, but you are also at the mercy of if the exchange is able to pay out all the crypto people are holding on it and the risk of the exchange itself being hacked
fneli21 (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:38:25 AM

You should usually keep it off exchange wallets since they may get hacked and lose your money. If you don't own the private keys to your coins, they're essentially not yours.

You definitely should use other wallets for your BTC/alt coins. Consider even buying a hardware wallet such as a Trezor or Ledger Nano seeing as you have 4-5K of crypto.
Are they 100% safe and easy to use ?
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:53:09 AM

better kept in private wallet only, will be more secure. because only you can open with private key, or keystore that you have saved yourself. with it, more security is guaranteed.
anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:59:28 AM

Do not worry too much, it will make you tortured.
This may happen to beginners but as long as you secure your wallet no one will be able to steal your assets.
Many options of wallet that can be used.

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Longfellow27

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:18:06 AM

Yes we should be so. Who does not fear somebody who sees your acoount, sees your transactions and who could eventually use your identity for mischiefs? And most of all the money you have will be his own. Of course nobody wants it that way. This idea instill fear among digicoin holders. They should be stopped to make the digital market safe for every transactions and for it to have progress as we are now trying to consider digital coins as part of our currencies.
btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:21:22 AM

Not only you!
Try to learn the way secure all of your stuffs, and always do apply 2FA for every account Smiley
Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:24:05 AM

They say if you don't have the private keys you don't own the coins. Guess what, on an exchange you get no private keys, so you're at the mercy of the exchange operators to get the coins you think you own.

Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:29:41 AM

Are they safe? Who can answer on that question? When there is not any one who can
answer on that question that you need to make your own decision to trust some one or
not?

They say if you don't have the private keys you don't own the coins. Guess what, on an exchange you get no private keys, so you're at the mercy of the exchange operators to get the coins you think you own.

Exchange`s earns money and we think they are safe cause they depends from security of their customers.
If they are not secure no one would use them. But, there is always that but, if you do not posses private
keys then you are in mercy of some one who does! I like to keep my coins with me safe! I have the most trust
in myself, people should give it a thought and to think whom they trust and how much, when they answer on
that they will know where to keep coins.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:31:43 AM

Yeah, keep it in cold storage like everyone is saying. Have a password book for all the exchanges and make sure each password is different well over 13 characters with combinations of symbols numbers and capitalization, never use the same password twice and 2FA everything (save your 2FA codes too).
satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:32:41 AM

do not keep all your assets in the exchanger, save it in your private wallet. judging by your title maybe I'm more afraid of scammers than hackers.
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:33:13 AM

There are multiple risks with exchanges ...

1)  The exchange could get hacked ... here, your assets get stolen, no fault of yours, and there is nothing you can do about it.
2)  Your computer could be hacked ... a keyboard logger could steal your user name and password.  With a hardware wallet, your assets are mostly "air gapped" from local hacking risk.
3)  The exchange could go bankrupt and simply disappear with your coins ... it's unlikely if you us a large exchange, but it could happen, especially if there is a major crash and you we find out some "off the block" exchanges were "borrowing" from their customers.  

If you have, or want to amass, a large crypto holding, a hardware wallet or keeping your coins on your desktop (with encrypted wallets and virus protection) is probably better than an exchange.  Also, if you want to be a holder and not a trader, look into "paper wallets".  It's another way to "air gap" your holdings.

iamsether

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:39:07 AM

Most of my altcoins are in exchangers too, would it be safer if I transfer it on MEW from exchangers? I always activate my 2FA on these exchangers though so I am confident that it is somehow safe.
aizadelacruz99

Activity: 295
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:44:21 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 02:56:14 AM by aizadelacruz99

Dont afraid of the hacker if you know your step how to protect your account.
shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:49:11 AM

No matter how strong our password and very well protected our wallet is, the best hackers and scammers will always find their, which is why it is advisable to cash out or spread your coins to a variety of crypto wallet be it online or paper wallet to be safe just in case.

Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:55:49 AM

Your coins are safe as long as you have your private keys are very safe with you. Be vigilant when you are joining sites that you should double check if you are still in their original site, avoid phishing in which will require your private keys and password and finally limit you airdrop affiliations because you might wrongly input the private keys instead of your wallet address.
carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:04:05 AM

this depends on how secure the exchanger you use, but my advice you should move the coin that you have from the exchanger to the private wallet, because there are many large exchangers that successfully hacked by hackers, eg etherdelta who have several times experienced it, and the loss is us the users

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: