Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:36:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone feel like playing some RaffleBit?  (Read 2494 times)
coingenuity (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 11:37:14 AM

Any anti-randomness-thwarting-scheme can have holes poked in it, but I'm taking the approach of transparency.

Transparent would be, if everyone can reproduce your result. To do so, you could publish your algorithm, use something everyone agrees on as input (for ex. the hash of the next block after all ticket slots are filled) and show all valid tickets.

That's certainly do-able. Smiley

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coingenuity (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 12:00:27 PM

It's worth mentioning that the first few beta rounds went off with a hitch or two, but some crucial bugs in the code got worked out. So far, the system's working pretty well. I've got a few revisions in mind, but I'll be toiling away to improve the app and we should be out of beta, and in to full 5-25BTC rounds, pretty soon!

http://www.RaffleBit.com - it's fun!

coingenuity (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 03:55:20 PM

Made a topic for the folks who've won to provide some proof to the world, and brag about free BTC. Enjoy!

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=30515.new#new

Cory

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 05:26:58 PM

Awesome, I won the first round. Cheesy

I would suggest, however, that you make it clear on the front page how big the pot is going to be. I know you mention a percent commission, but I would be more comfortable with the final winning in clear sight. Also, instead of a percentage of tickets sold, perhaps it should be changed to "x of y(total) tickets sold" or whatever.
hashmaker

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 06:44:13 PM

The current round has already sold over 2/3 of the shares available. Hurry up and purchase your shares so the winner can get to their happy ending Smiley
coingenuity (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2011, 07:42:15 AM

Awesome, I won the first round. Cheesy

I would suggest, however, that you make it clear on the front page how big the pot is going to be. I know you mention a percent commission, but I would be more comfortable with the final winning in clear sight. Also, instead of a percentage of tickets sold, perhaps it should be changed to "x of y(total) tickets sold" or whatever.

I'm trying to limit information that people could use to bot and cheat users out of coin. I'll add that function, so that you see % deducted for RaffleBit maintenance directly displayed in the pot total. Glad you're enjoying the http://RaffleBit.com experience, and thanks for the feedback!

coingenuity (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2011, 01:20:32 PM

The http://www.RaffleBit.com project is coming along nicely! Jackpots are now split between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners, with each getting 60, 25, and 15 percent respectively. Congrats to the winners of the last jackpot of 1.4BTC!

hashmaker

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 05:48:12 PM

These rounds are going pretty fast. The current pot is 50% of the way purchased. You should have good odds of winning right now since the pot totals are kept small for the beta!
hashmaker

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 09:28:57 PM

It's a fresh lightning round of RaffleBit is up!

Buy your shares for a chance to win some Bitcoin!
coingenuity (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2011, 12:43:36 PM

Alright, folks! Got a few things added to the http://www.RaffleBit.com system. We now have proof-of-honesty, where each raffle's winners are picked before the raffle starts and hashed, then released. When the jackpot is paid, the original string is released and the honesty of the match can be verified.

Also added a pot-splitting feature. Now, 1st place wins 60%, 2nd wins 25%, 3rd wins 15%. Everybody wins Smiley

So far, we've had quite a few BTC run through the system, and it seems to be functioning well. Many bugs have been squashed, and much progress has been made. Thanks for your help and patience, and we hope you continue having fun playing RaffleBit!

coingenuity (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 11:51:17 PM

Congrats to our last round's winners on http://www.RaffleBit.com!!! Payouts for last round were .89, .53, and a whopping 2.14BTC to our first place winner! Current pot size is 1BTC, with exactly 50% of tickets left for sale this round. Get in now, it's gonna be a fast one!

shakaru

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 12:56:37 AM

Just won almost a full bitcoin on the last round and this one is already at 50% So far the easiest coin I have made so far. More people need to get into this so we can have higher jackpots awarded. I would love to come home to a nice 25btc in my wallet.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
hashmaker

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 05:56:43 PM

Nice to see more activity, I hope you guys are enjoying the game.

A new round started again yesterday and the pot is already 70% full!

Good luck to the soon to be winners!
coingenuity (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2011, 12:37:21 AM

Rounds are getting bigger, folks! Current raffle is for 15+ Bitcoins, and is already more than 10% full. But, don't worry, there's more raffles to be had when this one ends.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: