Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:29:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-02-25] Women Are Getting Into Bitcoin, Thanks To A Crypto Gaming Company  (Read 113 times)
cryptospacemedia (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:47:32 AM

With females representing less than 4% of the crypto world, a Toronto, Canada based company has decided to help bridge the gap by hiring mostly females and providing free education and training about digital currency. Some of the females are college interns and high school students who are as young as 14.

The company Bitcoin Jackpot plans to heavily support crypto related sciences, specifically organizations that are developing improvements to the way the whole crypto ecosystem works including government lobbying and advocacy with a special emphasis on getting females involved in Bitcoin and Altcoins.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/3672108
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jating

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:05:39 PM

I really don't know if this is one effective way to get women in crypto's though. Its like in the beginning of the Computer Science courses in the beginning, all men. But soon women join in, tipping the balance that why today we have seen top women in the field of IT industry.

And how can it attract if some of the women hired are college interns? Isn't it they should get someone with higher knowledge on cryptoverse?

I think sooner or later women will also join the bandwagon whether in blockchain technology development or crypto itself. Let's give enough time for them to mature and see how crypto is profitable in the long run.
cryptospacemedia (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:32:35 PM

I really don't know if this is one effective way to get women in crypto's though. Its like in the beginning of the Computer Science courses in the beginning, all men. But soon women join in, tipping the balance that why today we have seen top women in the field of IT industry.

And how can it attract if some of the women hired are college interns? Isn't it they should get someone with higher knowledge on cryptoverse?

I think sooner or later women will also join the bandwagon whether in blockchain technology development or crypto itself. Let's give enough time for them to mature and see how crypto is profitable in the long run.

In my opinion, they will do the job as interns as guided by senior members and it's pretty much effective to get them on the bandwagon.

I can tell from my personal experience that whats happening in India(where I live).

I completed bachelors in technology(IT) in 2013, a course mainly about computing, operating systems, programming and computer networks. Like most of the Indian colleges and universities, there are as much as women in these courses as men in my university too, but when it comes to working as IT professional the strength of women drops to 33% out of which most of them shift to managerial positions(non-tech) after few years.

Maybe it's because they are less interested in technical stuff as compared to men and that could be the reason they have less participation in cryptocurrencies as they revolve around technical grounds. I have encountered very few women who are interested or invested in crypto.
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:50:29 PM

With females representing less than 4% of the crypto world, a Toronto, Canada based company has decided to help bridge the gap by hiring mostly females and providing free education and training about digital currency. Some of the females are college interns and high school students who are as young as 14.

The company Bitcoin Jackpot plans to heavily support crypto related sciences, specifically organizations that are developing improvements to the way the whole crypto ecosystem works including government lobbying and advocacy with a special emphasis on getting females involved in Bitcoin and Altcoins.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/3672108

Read through the article.  Good that CryptoPriest the CEO has began with 5 females and educated them know and study on ICOs and have an arguement with themselves on ICOs and related stuffs. A good initiative. We do have women and female students being into this forum earning crypto currencies participating in campaigns,  ICO projects and etc.  This earning has supported them a lot and still it is. Thanks to the crypto founder.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: