Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:06:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MN][$LOKI] Loki - Private Transactions & Comms  (Read 80384 times)
DirkDiggler1911

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 03:53:36 AM

I heard lots of good things about this project but it looks like there is no ICO and only private sale for rich investors, this sucks for normal people like us...

Hello Dirk! Sorry to hear you could not participate. The upcoming airdrop is for our community!

There are currently three ways to obtain Loki currently:

1) Mining when Mainnet launches later this month
2) Participate in the upcoming Airdrop
3) Solve the Twitter puzzle

Will it be profitable to mine it on my computer ? Or do I need to have a special mining rig ? Airdrop is not worth it, there are too many people I will probably get like 1 or 2$ worth of LOKI tokens...
simongoat

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:53:57 AM

Is there any info available about how many coins you need to run a masternode?

cryptolmax

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:01:53 AM

Is there any info available about how many coins you need to run a masternode?

The general idea is that the required amount will reduce with time, as it's a function of a block height. As for the required amount for block 1, the exact number is being discussed at the moment and will be finalized soon (WP states 10,000 Loki currently). Generally the info of how staking works for Loki's Service Nodes can be found here https://loki.network/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/LokiWhitepaperV2-1.pdf (see 4.4)
windcoiner

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:32:21 PM

I heard lots of good things about this project but it looks like there is no ICO and only private sale for rich investors, this sucks for normal people like us...

Hello Dirk! Sorry to hear you could not participate. The upcoming airdrop is for our community!

Will it be profitable to mine it on my computer ? Or do I need to have a special mining rig ? Airdrop is not worth it, there are too many people I will probably get like 1 or 2$ worth of LOKI tokens...

The mining requirements are not available yet but you may assume they will be quite close to Monero requirements, as the algo is the same. This will be made clearer after the mainnet launch later this month since then mining will be available.
DirkDiggler1911

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:15:40 PM

The mining requirements are not available yet but you may assume they will be quite close to Monero requirements, as the algo is the same. This will be made clearer after the mainnet launch later this month since then mining will be available.

Oh okay I don't know much about Monero but I guess you need to have a really strong machine to be able to mine this coin, It would be better if it's proof of stake, POS will use less electricity so it's better for the planet  Cheesy
Loki_Project (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:07:05 PM

Check out this video of Simon (the project lead) speaking at YBF Melbourne Web 3.0 Panel: The Promise of Distributed Technologies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VbTgDbl8gc
Loki_Project (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:15:55 PM

Oh okay I don't know much about Monero but I guess you need to have a really strong machine to be able to mine this coin, It would be better if it's proof of stake, POS will use less electricity so it's better for the planet  Cheesy

Hey Dirk, Loki is hybrid Proof of Work & Proof of Service. We appreciate your feedback. Proof of service is similar to a staking mechanism in that there is a collateral requirement to run a node and a percentage of the block reward is given to the service node. As far as energy consumption is concerned, the team has actually spoken about this in an AMA. Here is the video answer @ https://youtu.be/pZVCp-SZE_4?t=4415
biggus dickus

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:21:56 AM

Is there a date for the start of the airdrop yet?
mariejonabelle

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:24:41 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 04:42:46 AM by mariejonabelle

Hi Dirk, the team is aiming to roll out the airdrop on the 19th.
DirkDiggler1911

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:33:03 AM

Oh okay I don't know much about Monero but I guess you need to have a really strong machine to be able to mine this coin, It would be better if it's proof of stake, POS will use less electricity so it's better for the planet  Cheesy

Hey Dirk, Loki is hybrid Proof of Work & Proof of Service. We appreciate your feedback. Proof of service is similar to a staking mechanism in that there is a collateral requirement to run a node and a percentage of the block reward is given to the service node. As far as energy consumption is concerned, the team has actually spoken about this in an AMA. Here is the video answer @ https://youtu.be/pZVCp-SZE_4?t=4415

Oh okay I never heard of proof of service before, but it sounds really interesting. Thanks for the video i will check it out tonight
devilzero

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:56:51 AM

Nowadays, few projects can be developed without ICO. Airdrop is the fastest way of communication. I hope to see it.

Murphydre

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:10:22 AM

Nice project and I hope participate, waiting for airdrop.
cryptolmax

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:12:47 AM

Nowadays, few projects can be developed without ICO. Airdrop is the fastest way of communication. I hope to see it.

Thank you for your support, devilzero! Yes, as mentioned earlier, the team is aiming to roll out the airdrop on the 19th of April
Loki_Project (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:51:26 PM

Appreciate the kind words and good to hear you will be looking to participate!

Please keep up with the latest on our Telegram: https://t.me/LokiCommunity

It is projected for the 19th as cryptlomax pointed out above.
windcoiner

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:11:51 PM

A great article was written about Loki!

https://steemit.com/loki/@jianhoo727/loki-lok-ico-review
DirkDiggler1911

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:48:31 PM

Airdrop is going to be on 19th of april but I don't think we are going to receive much, there are too many people on their telegram channel. Everyone will probably get like 1 dollar or 2
lilaj4de

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:52:23 PM

Will Loki anonymity be based on the Thoor network? In relation to the fees, will be similar to those charged by Etherdelta and forkdelta?
lovepamamost

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:42:32 PM

I think the community should put some work too in reviewing and helping to spread the word.
Loki_Project (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:33:01 PM

Will Loki anonymity be based on the Thoor network? In relation to the fees, will be similar to those charged by Etherdelta and forkdelta?

Loki combines a private transaction network based on Monero with economically incentivised service nodes to create a trustless quorum based networking protocol. This protocol allows anyone to route small packets of data in an anonymous and decentralised way. The front end applications that use this packet routing system are private-by-design, and are known as Service Node Apps “SNApps”

Transaction fees similar to Monero as Loki adopts the Monero source code and will continue to merge POW.
Loki_Project (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:34:53 PM

I think the community should put some work too in reviewing and helping to spread the word.

Yes! We very much appreciate everyone spreading the word!

Thank you for the support lovepamamost.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: