Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 01:34:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Always, always double check addresses!  (Read 406 times)
pearlsome

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

MST Decentralize Robust AI Trading Platform!

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:09:00 PM

I see how accountants work in my office they compare each figure before sending money (fiat). But they can return the money in case of an error within 5 banking days. Probably, therefore, I subconsciously remembered that when listing the Cryptocurrency, you also need to compare the numbers. Since no one will return cryptocurrency in case of an error. I have not hundreds of operations a day. Therefore, it is easy to review and check.

◎ SALE STARTS ON MAY 3rd ◎ UTC+7:00 ◎
◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦ MSTCOIN.IO ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
◎ Decentralize AI Cryptocurrency Trading Platform ◎
  ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
 ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
   ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:45:23 PM

I've heard about such malware, but luckily I have never experienced it myself. I always check a couple of digits at the end of the address before sending coins.
yinyangwinwang

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:47:45 PM

Very unfortunate this occured to you OP and I am also sorry it happened. But however, thank you for coming to the community with this I find myself getting lazy sometimes when checking. I should be more diligent in my checks and so should everybody else, and that is what we will do from here on out.

DIGITIZECOIN.COM | 25% Bonus for Pre-Sale | Main-Sale April 22 2018
Made In Australia
▬▬▬ ■  WebsiteWhitepaper ■  ANN threadJoin Telegram ▬▬▬
ekaterinastrelnikova505

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:39:26 AM

It's very cool now to invest very many in the country. So earn what I advise you.
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:47:15 AM

We are now the BANKS by using the blockchain and their associated wallet. It is necessary to check, counter-check and double check the figures before sending out your crypto to other address.

To secure your PC. Make sure that you have an updated OS and antivirus. Make your PC to be solely used for bitcoin transactions. Do not install any other programs on your PC. especially the unknown programs downloaded free from the internet.

angelakrasnova

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:07:20 AM

Of course, it was always known to everyone that such a case could occur. You think that you are safe from everything, but in fact at any time of the day and night a virus can enter into our PC.
ommochain

Activity: 121
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:13:19 AM

When conducting a transaction, in addition to checking the normality of the network, the receiving address must be carefully checked, assuming that once it is successfully sent, it is impossible to withdraw it. I hope you learned the lesson, you can be more cautious.
colenax

Activity: 376
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:16:15 AM

I just got screwed out of 0.03 BTC because of a malware that changes any address you copy into the malware owner's address. It even used a vanity gen to make the two first characters of the address the same (I was sending to 1Gm..., so the malware created a 1Gm address).

1. Before sending, always check the first two and last two letters to make sure it is the same address you are copying!
2. If possible, check a random string in the middle and compare it! Even better.

Be vigilant, y'all!

yes, this is good for other members to be more careful again to be the health of his computer. you should install security that strengthens your computer system in order to avoid malware virus attacks or some kind of phishing. reinforce with a really good antivirus.

itos

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:25:16 AM

must be vigilant in accessing certain web and downloading wallet apps from untrusted websites, routinely checking the auto installed apps on the device and immediately removing them
aleksej.rozhkov

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:27:15 AM

I think right now, after reading everything, they will put their computers on antivirus check. I already do it. And yes, no one is ever insured against such cases and check the computer at least once a month for antivirus software.
nuggetbram

Activity: 326

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:46:23 AM

I personally advise that you should always go for 2FA.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:00:00 AM

you should always check EVERYTHING, not just one thing you hear went wrong or possibly went wrong for yourself.

address is one of them, the other things are the amounts you are paying for example check to see if you are paying 1BTC or 1 uBTC or 1 mBTC, some wallets have different units which may cause big funds loss or underpayment.
the other thing that  comes to mind is the fees. these days with fluctuating mempool and sometimes horrible fee estimations you don't want to pay a lot higher or a lot lower than what normal fee amounts are.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:22:03 AM

Sorry to hear that buddy. Yes, we should always check the addresses that we use to send coins because it will never be return if it happens.
You are absolutely right we must take alot of care on checking out our wallets and addresses,lets see to it that it is properly copied or pasted everytime we transfer coins from one adress to another.Do make sure that the site that we have created in our wallet is legit because in this days scammers and hachers are everyewhere and sometimes our carelesness could lead us to regret so we must need to take extra careful inorder not to lose our hard erned money,we take time and efforts to earn it.It feels so embarassing when all we earn will lost  and wasted.Let us all be vigilant to avoid in experiencing this kind of situation.

liangweicha

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:29:08 AM

Thank you, I never thought that they can also to steal our bitcoin in this way, I think I will pack a few more antivirus software, then may be able to avoid the occurrence of these problems.

Lorna t

Activity: 179

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:04:35 AM

So I have to do it and you will check our address and after that we put our address to a good location like to send to the wallet or accept a lot or just fine for the placement you make a better do like copy paste the address for no mistaken .if you no choice can do write at the numbers of address and you will agree to double check always at the address we put into much be careful about address because one of our mistakes is all of that are already gone right away .so my suggestion is please keep your antivirus updated and do not click anything suspicious link or install plugins with much offers most magic will definitely solve your computer any matter of your problem .so stay safe and agree always and double check us at our address before you can send directly ..
Blackrain13

Activity: 328
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:13:25 AM

I just got screwed out of 0.03 BTC because of a malware that changes any address you copy into the malware owner's address. It even used a vanity gen to make the two first characters of the address the same (I was sending to 1Gm..., so the malware created a 1Gm address).

1. Before sending, always check the first two and last two letters to make sure it is the same address you are copying!
2. If possible, check a random string in the middle and compare it! Even better.

Be vigilant, y'all!

It could be a lesson for us to be careful enough and check the address many many times before we send coins. It sad to hear that there is a lot of people trying to stole their fellow. Always check every addresses we use to transfer fund,make it sure to be secure.

██  ▀■  KittieFIGHT.io  ■▀  ██
▄    Real time dapp game    ▄
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:21:40 AM

Be vigilant, y'all!

yes, this is good for other members to be more careful again to be the health of his computer. you should install security that strengthens your computer system in order to avoid malware virus attacks or some kind of phishing. reinforce with a really good antivirus.

I read about this kind of malware from some other threads and it's kinda scary. Shocked For safety precautions I always check the address that I will sending my funds not just twice but four or five times more to be sure. There are lots of hackers this days and everyone should be careful on every website that they are visiting and every stuffs that they're downloading on the internet specially those suspicious one's.  Cool
dvillier

Merit: 57

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:24:06 AM

So I need to do it and you will check our address and after that we put our deliver to a decent area get a kick out of the chance to send to the wallet or acknowledge a great deal or fine and dandy for the position you improve a do like duplicate glue the address for no mixed up .on the off chance that you no decision can do compose at the quantities of address and you will consent to twofold check dependably at the address we put into much be watchful about address since one of our oversights is the greater part of that are now gone immediately .so my recommendation is please keep your antivirus refreshed and don't click anything suspicious connection or introduce modules with much offers most enchantment will understand your PC any matter of your concern .so remain safe and concur dependably and twofold check us at our address before you can send straightforwardly
Xfactor06

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:25:23 AM

Oh sorry to hear that. Yes, when i am doing a transaction i always check the first and last characters of the addresses that i'm withdrawing or depositing with. It's very hard to lose a money by your clumsiness.
Kayum10029

Activity: 1190

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:45:16 AM

Sorry to hear that buddy. Yes, we should always check the addresses that we use to send coins because it will never be return if it happens.
very good information. i check more more time when i buy bitcoin,etherum and tokens. when i summit my etherwallet address i check it double.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: