Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:59:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what do people think about all the ICO's now requiring KYC?  (Read 184 times)
KJMZNine

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:48:45 PM

I think it is ery good that the most ICOs starting to use KYC. It will help to kick out some scammer that are gambling with stolen money or something else. I really would like it to see it on all upcoming ICOs in the future!
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:50:17 PM

I do not want my identity bought. I am afraid to follow ICO as it is better I do not participate than my identity is misused
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 10867

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 03:18:51 PM

I figure KYC is necessary from the legal standpoint for companies, and more will come as regulation draws it’s claws deeper into this world.

What would be good is for a global KYC Secure register to exists, and for that register to render KYC clearance to solicitating ICOs on behalf of their investors-to-be. I believe that I’ve seen various projects with this goal recently.
We probably wouldn’t converge on a single centralised KYC register, but if it were down to a handful of them then if would be better to render your personal information to these than to each and every ICO that you participate in. Data would need to be updated periodically, but that shouldn’t be too cumbersome.

The object would be to avoid investors having to provide their personal information for every ICO they invest in, thus narrowing possibilities of identity thefts derived from our personal information being sent directly to ICOs  (and what’s even worse, for many bounties be them as small as they may). The whole process would also be quicker end-to-end.
johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:18:08 PM

I have a contradictory opinion.
They want to see our documents and save them to some database, but we do not see the passports of all the team members, the company's accounting documents, etc. It's like something stupid in my opinion. The project basically has nothing that could be shown legally. But the investor should give them both documents and money, and a blood test and the number of children. And then they can refuse you. "Sorry, your documents were not verified."

ilnick

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:33:47 PM

I have a contradictory opinion.
They want to see our documents and save them to some database, but we do not see the passports of all the team members, the company's accounting documents, etc. It's like something stupid in my opinion. The project basically has nothing that could be shown legally. But the investor should give them both documents and money, and a blood test and the number of children. And then they can refuse you. "Sorry, your documents were not verified."

I agree.
In addition, KYC is the beginning of regulation. This will result in the destruction of the true idea of Bitcoin and crypto currency in general. Scammers will be out, taxes will be paid, our data will be known.
SalmanMJ9

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 05:39:47 PM

Although I understand the concern many people think of, but I think it is good for the market in the long run. At the end of the day if you agree or not, governments and financial institutions have a huge influence in the market and following some of the requirement would keep them away/quite for a bit.
Intersan

Activity: 641
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:24:40 PM

Well I think there is nothing bad about it unless and until you don't want to show your identity or transactions to the government itself. Otherwise the identity is not shown to the peers that are surrounding to you or in the crypto space. I am sure that ico founders will be taking all the important steps to preserve your identity in that way. It's just being presented to the company so that they can know you are one real person and who is eligible for the tax stuff and nothing much.

I think KYC is really important stuff and beneficial thing for us as we see the crypto scams everwhere. So its betterment and not the negative thing.
KYC really is a good idea and it will be beneficial for it will lessen the act of fraudulence but we know that many people engages or is happily using and earning bitcoin because of the identity preservation. By implementing KYC, many people are now double-thinking on whether to participate in ICOs especially the potential investors because if they do, they will have to give away their identity. I consider it also as hassle and I think that ICOs should put their focus in making their ICOs more attractive and productive because many are looking like scams now which is not good.

exactly. i have a few ico's i would like to invest in but i don't want my ID flying around on the internet.

yes i can watermark it but that does not really solve any major issue.

i could fake my id obviously. but that is not the smartest to do...
This is an exact example of what I was saying, due to the implementation of KYC, many potential investors are walking away looking for ICOs that don't have KYC. The reason is because they don't want their identity to be revealed. Bitcoin has promised us anonymity and passing ID containing personal information is the exact opposite of that.

DarkDrake (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:52:15 PM

again thank you all for your valuable points i see that i was thinking about KYC a bit different than other people.
yepaiyique2

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:01:41 PM

进行KYC程序的苛刻要求,保证KYC不会泄密是很难的一件事情!
如果KYC的资料流出会给投资者造成困扰!
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:10:06 PM

The crypto sphere had to become a place of freedom of action and anonymity but now we are watching how they want to limit and regulate this sphere of life. Scammers this is unlikely to stop.
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:27:54 PM

In my opinion, this will not prevent scam ICO's and fraudulent transactions at all. I am not going to participate in any KYC ICO in future because I do not want to hand over my personal information to anybody if it is not reasonably necessary.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: