Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:01:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue with Yobit and XEM wallet  (Read 116 times)
dan1elsjack (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:51:06 PM

Good day, gentlmens. Sorry that Newbie is starting a topic and for my bad english but I ask for help or advise.
I've bought some NEM (XEM) coins at the YoBit exchange website few days later the Coinbase was hacked.
5 days ago a noticed that my wallet at Yobit is under construction, and I cannot send my coins to my external NEM-wallet
Today nothing  changed, still no access to wallet.
And I googled some article that XEM wich were stollen from Coinbase were sold to the YoBit.
Does that mean that my coins are under arrest or something like that? Please help my, I'm frustrated.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:54:12 AM

Good day, gentlmens. Sorry that Newbie is starting a topic and for my bad english but I ask for help or advise.
I've bought some NEM (XEM) coins at the YoBit exchange website few days later the Coinbase was hacked.
5 days ago a noticed that my wallet at Yobit is under construction, and I cannot send my coins to my external NEM-wallet
Today nothing  changed, still no access to wallet.
And I googled some article that XEM wich were stollen from Coinbase were sold to the YoBit.
Does that mean that my coins are under arrest or something like that? Please help my, I'm frustrated.

Lol what? Coins under arrest... That's the first time I've heard that  Cheesy

Two things to get straight:

1. It was not coinbase that was hacked of the NEM, it was a Japanese exchange called Coincheck. Coinbase does not actually support NEM as of yet.
2. The NEM was apparently sent to yobit as detailed by this article.

I think that probabilities are yobit are just trying to investigate the issue and force the hacker, to prevent them from crashing the markets. That's why they're disabling withdrawals on this particular crypto right now.

You'll just have to wait until they sort this out, send support tickets if you want to have an ETA, but yobit shouldn't be relied on in this instance. Could take months or years.

Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: