Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:11:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Hunter Requires KYC?  (Read 443 times)
bratbu

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:46:24 PM

Iam new at bounty hunting, but I encountered an ICO which is they require us bounty hunters to do KYC? Is that possible? The worst thing is, they announce it after the bounty program. Is that right?  Huh Huh
Sounds like a scam bounty,they are doing this because they dont want to give the tokens from most of the bounty hunters who are worked hard just to promote the ICO,you can just report these people to the moderators so they would take some action about this,bounty hunters should be rewarded properly because they are the key to the ICO's success.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
TelegramFacebookwww.casperproject.ioGithubTwitterANN
tr3yson

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:47:57 PM

Maybe you just misunderstood their instructions or whatever it is because usually KYC is only required to the ICO participants which are the buyers and investors during the ICO. I haven't heard anything like that before, so maybe I was also wrong but I've been in 3 bounty campaign where their ICOs required it to participate and claim the tokens but not to the bounty hunters.
avadonne

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

https://vulcanforged.com/

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:50:05 PM

I am not in favor of that. Because the essence of anonymity of cryptocurrency is useless. And I get why they should mandate us to have KYC process. I just do not agree but we have no choice. Government requires that to pass legal requirements.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BlackWidow

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:23:28 PM

More and more projects support KYC I think it's not quite good and why should I provide my data and documents . Very sad for this fact . In the future I hope this will cancel
cryptobobo

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:39:27 PM

Iam new at bounty hunting, but I encountered an ICO which is they require us bounty hunters to do KYC? Is that possible? The worst thing is, they announce it after the bounty program. Is that right?  Huh Huh
You should report these bounty managers,that is not requried as per the SEC regulations U.S arent eligible and prohibited to joing ICOs but not bounty hunting,i dont think these bounty managers should be rewarded because they want to take bounty hunter's stakes for themselves,if the bounty rules didnt tell that from the start,they should be given a red trust.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 07:40:04 PM

its possible. i seeing quite much bounty at the end doing KYC checks . but its not problem enough if you didnt cross their rules .
they want avoid spam account and i just respect for it . if their project looks promising i will do KYC.
Melfoy72

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

Taklimakan Network : Business Platform for Crypto

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:40:32 PM

Sounds like a scam bounty,they are doing this because they dont want to give the tokens from most of the bounty hunters who are worked hard just to promote the ICO,you can just report these people to the moderators so they would take some action about this,bounty hunters should be rewarded properly because they are the key to the ICO's success.
Absolutely right. And I think it's so strange to check bountists with KYC procedure.  We don't give our money so we are NOT investors. We just have a present from ICO. Nobody check somebody before give him a present.

rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:54:34 PM

I hate then a bounty campaign forces bounty members to get through KYC after the end of a campaign. I don't understand why the heck bounty participants should do KYC at all! They aren't investors, I don't think that any campaign should report to SEC or another regulator about bounty at all. In my opinion it's unacceptable.
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:00:41 PM

I lost a bounty because I didn't want to do KYC (Gladius). The bounty manager should point that out beforehand so that people can decide whether to join or not. The project may not be scam but they are scamming people for sure. 
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:06:18 PM

I hate then a bounty campaign forces bounty members to get through KYC after the end of a campaign. I don't understand why the heck bounty participants should do KYC at all! They aren't investors, I don't think that any campaign should report to SEC or another regulator about bounty at all. In my opinion it's unacceptable.

Yes I agree 100%. Bounty hunters are not investors. Also they never point this out beforehand that KYC is needed for bounty. They always seem to remember this right before distribution and that is unacceptable.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:10:58 PM

It is okay as long as they update the bounty hunters themselves. It is not fair if they will just announce it in telegram and other social media.
If it is a signature campaign then it better be a pm to the users.

All of these are just protocol so that they will be legitimate in one country. It is better than them running away right?
After the KYC they are forced to pay and can run anymore.

I think it is also a good way to see those who uses alts. Gladius did it and it went well. Many are banned and not paid thanks to the KYC verification.
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:12:01 PM

These are scammers,they should announce it before anyone has joined their bounty campaigns,this is a shady business of these bounty managers and they should be reported to the moderators,so they will have their red trusts.This way these manager could take most of the bounty allocations a greedy corrupted will always find their way to take advantage.

xarly1

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:17:07 PM

On the one hand good , but on the other hand where is the anonymity . Since the main rule of cryptocurrency is anonymity , and this violates the idea of cryptocurrencies
Painbird

Activity: 552
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:09:21 AM

Actually its depend on bounty campaign rules. I think KYC should need to avoid fake participation. So that Its depend on campaign. KYC submission is not so hard you just gone through with few documents. So I think its should be well to go through with KYC

richcorner100

Activity: 616

https://exip.live/

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:22:56 AM

If all bounty program required KYC so this is will be take many of my times because i joined alot of social media bounty. This is will not efective and not efisien for my job. So KYC procedure should be not need  for bounty program and should be only for investor.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
shandi albert

Activity: 308

FXPay.io

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:38:38 AM

I think it's a natural goal they just want to be safe. Nothing is hard to fill out KYC forms It's just that they know our personal data including where we live. I've repeatedly done filling out KYC forms look complicated but it's their rule for token distribution bounty. 

rommelo24
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:13:59 AM

I think it's a natural goal they just want to be safe. Nothing is hard to fill out KYC forms It's just that they know our personal data including where we live. I've repeatedly done filling out KYC forms look complicated but it's their rule for token distribution bounty. 
They should have tell their bounty participants at the beginning of the campaign that they need KYC because at that point we can decide to join or not. It is unfair if they only tell us when the campaign is over.
easytipz

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:16:57 AM

Do not submit your KYC documents unless you totally trust them. Many may use or sell your information (include your government ID, photo...)
8count

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:23:38 AM

I got no problem doing KYC if it's a solid company the bounty is for. As long as they announce that they require KYC at the start of the bounty so that bounty hunters have a choice whether to do it or not. It's annoying when they pop it out at the end of the bounty once the work is done.

But I wouldn't be doing KYC for bounties unless I have done my research into the company. To many scammers out there.
shandi albert

Activity: 308

FXPay.io

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:23:52 AM

They should have tell their bounty participants at the beginning of the campaign that they need KYC because at that point we can decide to join or not. It is unfair if they only tell us when the campaign is over.
Which I did before the campaign ended always asking about KYC for bounty hunter,,
 Because usually for KYC instead of bounty managers who take care of it but Dev is in control of KYC. This means that bounty managers only follow the rules only and we are required to obey.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: