Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:13:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Hunter Requires KYC?  (Read 443 times)
chansss30 (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:25:41 PM

Iam new at bounty hunting, but I encountered an ICO which is they require us bounty hunters to do KYC? Is that possible? The worst thing is, they announce it after the bounty program. Is that right?  Huh Huh
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:28:36 PM

that's not a problem i think due to preventing for duplicate account for bounties, i was joined HOQU bounty and it also needs KYC for receiving bounty rewards
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:32:16 PM

Everything is good until they ask for IDs, if you ask me drop their offer. Because who knows where your information may end up in future. It is hard for me to trust exchanges with my IDs or any other trustworthy company out there and yet why would I then trust some 3rd startup out there. It is bad, I've heard about this but thankfully until now I didn't had to give out my ID to recieve bounty reward.
chansss30 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:32:28 PM

that's not a problem i think due to preventing for duplicate account for bounties, i was joined HOQU bounty and it also needs KYC for receiving bounty rewards

Thank you for that information. But all I know is only contributors/ investors need KYC. Maybe I confused because all of my bounty programs, this ICO is the only one who requires KYC for token distribution.
chansss30 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:34:37 PM

Everything is good until they ask for IDs, if you ask me drop their offer. Because who knows where your information may end up in future. It is hard for me to trust exchanges with my IDs or any other trustworthy company out there and yet why would I then trust some 3rd startup out there. It is bad, I've heard about this but thankfully until now I didn't had to give out my ID to recieve bounty reward.

Yeah I agree, because we are just bounty hunters, Iam not investor anyway. From the word KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER, I am not customer Iam just a bounty hunter. Thanks
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:37:11 PM
Merited by anjho.ace (10)

If that is the use of KYC then there is no use!
Duplicate account detecting? i Can use mine, my wife identity and some of my relatives! And the thing they want to know will never exist!
KYC issue to bounty hunter is just same to investors, investors put money on the project and hunters are just working for it so why dont they issue KYC to us?
Well for me KYC is not a good thing to implement in crypto currency!
butcherme

Activity: 368
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:38:34 PM

Iam new at bounty hunting, but I encountered an ICO which is they require us bounty hunters to do KYC? Is that possible? The worst thing is, they announce it after the bounty program. Is that right?  Huh Huh

I think there is no problem with KYC and it's announcement even after the campaign. It only becomes a problem if you don't have any ID to submit for the KYC or if you are using multuple accounts in one bounty.  Some projects are requiring KYC to bounty hunter to avoid cheating in the campaign.
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:42:17 PM

Well, i'm against these types of projects, every rule should be added before the launch of the bounty/ICO to make every bounty participant aware of the rules. It's also a good thing as some mates above have said, it helps preventing the scams and the use of multiple accounts in bounty threads.
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:49:44 PM

Thank you for that information. But all I know is only contributors/ investors need KYC. Maybe I confused because all of my bounty programs, this ICO is the only one who requires KYC for token distribution.
Nope, that is not the only ICO who requires KYC both to its bounty hunters and investors, I haven't encountered a single one but be vigilant on giving out such pieces of information as some of the projects are created for the sole purpose of scamming that results to identity theft, OP I have a question? where is your country? cause they are subjected to implement that policy if your country enforces KYC to its investors from ICO's the rest are not.

yomarve

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 02:59:27 PM

This KYC issue is alarmingly disturbing. KYC means know your customer. Bounty hunters are not customers rather freelance marketing agents. Why would they require people who are promoting them to subscribe to their policy even if the country where this bounties hunters or Startup are from don't require this.

Even if people are using multiple accounts, how does this affect them? It's the same marketing n publicity they desire that they are getting.

KYC for Bounties is NONSENSE.

https://cryptotvplus.com
trimulia

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 03:01:49 PM

Unfortunately if some bounty requires to upload kyc ,better not participate in that bounty,it abnormal for me

HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:06:02 PM

In every post about KYC I saying do not let them your documents! ICO can be scam, can be not. If you are investor with big wallet, in my opinion then need KYC, but you are bounty promoter.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:12:57 PM

Why would they do that?
Are they trying to implement a new policy of "Know Your Bounty Hunter"? Cheesy

Personally, I don't think it is right for them to ask for any personal information.
If ever I encounter one, I'll simply avoid.
Crypto_trader87

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:14:24 PM

Supposedly they have to announce all the rules that they want to impliment before the ICO is finish and whats there big reason why they need KYC for just a bounty hunter that helping them to promote there project. I think that managers dont want to pay to there bounty hunters.

Schultz88

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:15:33 PM

The right manager should give information to bounty hunters that they offering a bounty with KYC, because not everyone could pass KYC. At least bounty hunters could pick which project that suit them and won't bothering wasting time to work on project they couldn't earned.
Cookies_N_Cream

Activity: 94

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:20:34 PM

There are still plenty of bounty campaigns out there that doesn't require KYC so I suggest that you find it. I did KYC'd in a certain bounty before and I like it very much so I submitted the needed documents. Unfortunately, the moment that I tried to sign up the form is already closed and they are not accepting investors anymore. I felt like I was scammed because of it so I really hope I won't be a victim of things like this again.
breeze170

Activity: 186

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:22:53 PM

I think this is half good and half bad thing. It is good cause it blocks people from doing multiple accounts and stealing other people's stakes. It is bad cause its very hard to believe some random ico to give your full identity even with selfie..

chansss30 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:25:50 PM

Supposedly they have to announce all the rules that they want to impliment before the ICO is finish and whats there big reason why they need KYC for just a bounty hunter that helping them to promote there project. I think that managers dont want to pay to there bounty hunters.

Absolutely, that was my point if they required KYC, it should be before the bounty program starts or before the ICO ends. It is ok to require KYC unless they will announce it in the first place so that every bounty hunters should aware about their rules.
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:26:20 PM

I have always expressed my protest against KYC for hunters because they are not investors and can not take part in money laundering, which means that this fairy tale that was invented to verify the community will not be relevant. Now it's just that they are exchanging data for your candy wrappers. It's funny.
Profuter

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:32:23 PM

I think this is half good and half bad thing. It is good cause it blocks people from doing multiple accounts and stealing other people's stakes. It is bad cause its very hard to believe some random ico to give your full identity even with selfie..
How does it block from using multiple accounts? Anyone can buy scans of documents and send for check. I don't understand why bounty hunting need to undergo KYC. That's stupid, they are not investors.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: