View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NWO (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:12:07 PM

Reserved.

Suggestions?
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 01:31:23 PM

Suggestion: Delete this thread and drop the idea. It's useless and only makes bitcointalk look even more like a joke. It was bad enough to snap the ripplelab-domains and start trying to sell them.

Want a little more info about my suggestion?
... Sure but first tell me how you would distribute the stamps used to make spamming the network harder/expensive. Actually there's one alternative way - that is to give people these stamps depending on their bitcoin stashes - but that's not very good after all.

NWO (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 01:39:19 PM

Suggestion: Delete this thread and drop the idea. It's useless and only makes bitcointalk look even more like a joke. It was bad enough to snap the ripplelab-domains and start trying to sell them.

... Sure but first tell me how you would distribute the stamps used to make spamming the network harder/expensive. Actually there's one alternative way - that is to give people these stamps depending on their bitcoin stashes - but that's not very good after all.

If it wasn't me, it would have just been someone else. Welcome to the wild west of the internet.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 01:49:11 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2013, 02:26:51 PM by digitalindustry

yes that's quite useless - and probably partly the reason its not successful now.

so far i like the name , I like the NXP

so how does this all work?

I always favored an automated "Nashx" system -  that would be interesting .

it could be done with or without the token XNP - but the XNP in that case would just be a "Wrapper" or a "Packet" .

the "Nashx" relying on a type of MAD principal and Nash equilibrium , would not involve any Debt or IOU.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 02:18:33 PM

was going to submit something like this for the Peercoin team - but didn't get around to it - it would be good for something like "NetPay" .

its a start?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 02:21:52 PM

Are you aware that network spamming was never a problem with the classic ripple pay?
Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 02:24:54 PM

Are you aware that network spamming was never a problem with the classic ripple pay?

Do you understand that the network would be spammed without some kind of fees to pay?

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 02:48:21 PM

Do you understand that the network would be spammed without some kind of fees to pay?

Then why has it never happened for ripplepay? Why am I not paying a fee to download or upload Ubuntu ISO? Why am I not paying a fee to access this page and submit a post?

Transaction fees exist in BTC to provide an incentive for mining. It is not needed in Ripple. It was added to create an artificial demand for XRPs.
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 03:08:51 PM

would like to see where this goes  Smiley

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 03:21:16 PM

People attempting to fork Ripple was inevitable.  My question is directed at you NWO....why would anyone give YOU the money?  What makes you qualified and frankly trustworthy to even manage a project and the associated funds?  Smells like a scam to me.  Roll Eyes

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 03:23:12 PM

XRP are needed for two things, to block/avoid spam attack on the network, and to connect different islands of users (xrp are the only trustless currency on the system)

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 03:27:07 PM

XRP are needed for two things, to block/avoid spam attack on the network, and to connect different islands of users (xrp are the only trustless currency on the system)
They don't need to be premined.

NWO, start a new self moderated topic.
underground_

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 03:28:20 PM

Then why has it never happened for ripplepay? Why am I not paying a fee to download or upload Ubuntu ISO? Why am I not paying a fee to access this page and submit a post?

Transaction fees exist in BTC to provide an incentive for mining. It is not needed in Ripple. It was added to create an artificial demand for XRPs.

It's easy to avoid spam if you never leave obscurity.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 03:32:14 PM

I'm sorry, Google, Facebook and Yahoo must be obscure! So is bittorrent! Yet I don't have to pay tokens to Google something..

The simple fact is that there is very very little cost in Ripple transactions. XRPs were introduced for business reasons.
NWO (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 03:54:38 PM

People attempting to fork Ripple was inevitable.  My question is directed at you NWO....why would anyone give YOU the money?  What makes you qualified and frankly trustworthy to even manage a project and the associated funds?  Smells like a scam to me.  Roll Eyes

Bro, don't even get me started on you. Why do I bother, 80% of the forum would think I am talking to myself because so many people have you blocked. Obviously this project will be community driven and not run by a centralised for-profit organisation.

NWO (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 03:56:06 PM

was going to submit something like this for the Peercoin team - but didn't get around to it - it would be good for something like "NetPay" .

its a start?

The pic looks awesome. I will contact you this weekend. I have some deadlines due tomorrow.
Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:08:45 PM

I'm sorry, Google, Facebook and Yahoo must be obscure! So is bittorrent! Yet I don't have to pay tokens to Google something..

The simple fact is that there is very very little cost in Ripple transactions. XRPs were introduced for business reasons.

Hey... For Google and Facebook and Yahoo you are the product. They don't need to charge their product to work for them, wut?

Please read Satoshis whitepaper about Bitcoin to understand why there is a fee system built in Bitcoin - and in Ripple, too!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: