Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:37:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is a scam?!  (Read 239 times)
1kreasons (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:43:57 PM

I am a newbie and i asked few people, and these people are people.i respect, because in terms of current news or financial situations of different countries, they are always updated or knowledgable about this topic, but how come when i asked them about bitcoin, they said it is a scam, what are the resons for them to say so?
I am new and haven't read much so i just want to get your POV.
TIA for your comments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:47:38 PM

they said it is a scam, what are the resons for them to say so?

Then ask them why they think so. They probably think that of bitcoin due to all the fud in the past by people like Jamie Dimon, Jordan Belfort(wolf of wall st.) etc.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
thrylos

Activity: 146

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:53:56 PM

Bitcoin is not a scam but it becomes a tool of a scammer to scam someone. Remember that in every success there is an enemy always working against it whatever reason he/she has.
jmiro1

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:15:27 PM

You are saying as if the whole internet world is a scam. It's not like that you see, Bitcoin is a currency. It's an online money. And Online or internet is not the right place for truth. Lots of people can misuse it and turn it into a scam in some people's eye. No bitcoin is not a scam, but yes sometimes people try to make it so. You should try to learn more about it, I sense some interest in you. Wish you all the best.
fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 05:39:34 PM

I am a newbie and i asked few people, and these people are people.i respect, because in terms of current news or financial situations of different countries, they are always updated or knowledgable about this topic, but how come when i asked them about bitcoin, they said it is a scam, what are the resons for them to say so?
TIA for your comments.

Ask these people a single question: if Bitcoin was really a scam, how come it has lasted for NINE YEARS, keeps growing in value and is more and more widely accepted?
gbenga88

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:40:31 PM

Bitcoin is not a scam but it becomes a tool of a scammer to scam someone. Remember that in every success there is an enemy always working against it whatever reason he/she has.

Bitcoin is actually a success but everyone decides what they want to use their currency for, either for legitimate business or scam. Actually i do not see bitcoin as a scam
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:13:06 PM

they said it is a scam, what are the resons for them to say so?

Then ask them why they think so. They probably think that of bitcoin due to all the fud in the past by people like Jamie Dimon, Jordan Belfort(wolf of wall st.) etc.

Exactly. Why you ask us why they think Bitcoin is a scam. Just ask them. They have own opinion no one here knows what their reasons are.

I am sure high on their liest is that price of Bitcoin rose so much in past 9 years. But that's just my guessing.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:15:11 PM

TIA for your comments.

I would ask them why they think it is a scam. Research their reasons (if they actually have any), and I think you will find that they are simply misinformed.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Shingaling

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:27:01 PM

Bitcoin is not a scam,it is already proven by many people.Don't listen to those who says that it is a scam because they dont know any single details about bitcoin.
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:03:15 PM

It's not.
Bitcoin is transparent from the very beginning. Was announced when it starts, how it works, how we can get them, how much of them going to be etc. ... and everybody had same opportunity to get in.

I believe the scam accusation is reaction to all those glorious claims "BTC price going to be XXXXXX USD in few years" and similar  ... which in reality is just pure speculations (or wish) and people who believed it and bought BTC few weeks ago (when price was higher than now) feels like they have been scammed.

IMO the main problem is they see it as investment and chance to make huge profits ( unfortunately these times are gone and that the early adopters were lucky and become rich does not mean it's going to continue  ... but lot of people do not think this way ). Thats not how it should be.

Consider it as something new, revolutionary  and as such we definitely should not put in all we have.

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:14:10 PM

Who knows? My best guess: probably they are noobs in terms of technology. They don't understand bitcoin, so their opinions are only from other people that most likely also don't understand bitcoin from technical perspective.
If you know how revolutionary technology it is, u wouldn't ever call it scam Smiley
Onion_Azz

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:21:25 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 09:34:11 PM by Onion_Azz

No bitcoin is not a scam. its like the holy grail of crypto. I find a lot of people who dont understand crypto spreading FUD this is mainly due to the fact that they dont understand the technology behind it all

If you ever in doubt and need any help give me a shout, ill try my best to help you out
buzzbeez

Activity: 90

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 09:45:55 PM

I would ask them why they think it's a scam. Scam must fit a certain criteria. BitCoin does what it promises. Nothing more nothing less. It's possible that BitCoin is WAY overvalued but that could be the case for Google too. Over value is not the same as a scam.
A Confused Shoe

Activity: 117
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:38:44 PM

As people have stated, probably should just ask those people why they think it's a scam.

BTC has great monetary value, utility, and potential for further growth, but its value can be very volatile and unpredictable, especially in the short-term. One of the great strengths of BTC (the anonymity it affords) can also be used and seen in a negative light, as hackers/cyber-terrorists can utilize cryptocurrencies including BTC to fund their operations. Which is why the public perception and media towards BTC is not always so positive.

I am confident it is NOT a scam, but as with any relatively new commodity, it needs to be approached with thoughtfulness and planning. I was in your shoes not that long ago and there are many people in my life today that think I am a fool for getting into BTC. Nothing comes without some risk - this is true whether you invest in stocks, derivatives, real estate, etc.

Feel free to PM with any questions or concerns.
diora11

Activity: 111

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:59:33 PM

I guess, do not hesitate to ask them why they say that? Do they have a good reason to say that bitcoin is a scam? And you should explore the news about bitcoin on the internet, there are so many reviews of it.. So you can make sure that bitcoin is a scam or not.. But in my opinion, of course it's not a scam.
uelque

Activity: 812
Merit: 126

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 12:16:22 AM

TIA for your comments.

How did you know all those people you respect are always updated about this topic, where I believe they are not even aware what is bitcoin, truly. Think of this, if bitcoin is a scam, a BIG scam, then why there are a lot of people subjected to this "scam" they are saying? My own definition of scam is where we don't benefit on anything related to such, then ask us did we? NO WE DIDN'T!
And if bitcoin is a scam, then we are a bunch of big scammers. And why do this community do the best they can to remove all worthless people/members?

This is my point of view;
They totally don't know what they are saying so don't listen to them because they are factions of respected losers.

Crypt0nonimus

Activity: 27
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:50:01 AM

It's never illegal! I highly suggest you use Peer to peer to process your trading
El Il-mythos

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:26:39 PM

TIA for your comments.
It is not because they are respectful and knowledgeable person you already have everything from them to meet your expectations and on that matter its understandable. What is not understandable if after you spend your time here and then come out with same understanding.
Also you did great thing because you decided to came here and you did right. Congrats bro.

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
George Khelashvili

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:53:08 PM

TIA for your comments.

BTC is not a scam
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:28:41 PM

Different people have different opinions on Bitcoin. I notice that the financial people usually talk against Bitcoin and the technology people support bitcoin.

I suggest that you read and learn about bitcoin, and make your own judgement after that. For myself, I don’t think bitcoin is scam. The technology is amazing.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: