Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:44:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If you were helping your Grand Parents to get into Crypto, which would you pick?  (Read 122 times)
Crypto Deity (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:46:35 PM

Hello my fellow friends in the Crypto Space. We are very new to the Bitcoin Forum and thank you all for the chance to be here. As the rest of the world is slowly catching up to the amazing blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies that are being created daily. If your in this space even for a week, you will get asked which Crypto Currency would you suggest, or which technology do you like best? So, I would like to ask around and gain more knowledge, what would you talk about with the older generation? Which Platform or technology would you talk most about with your Grand Parents?
 Let us know what you think, it will be interesting to hear which projects people truly stand behind the most! Thanks for your your insight, my grandparents are just waiting for my research!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:57:45 PM

Bitcoin. Because they probably could understand the concept on why bitcoin was invented. You really don't need to explain to them how it works technically, as they probably wouldn't understand anyway. Just tell them about decentralization, etc. and DON'T FORCE THEM TO INVEST IF THEY DON'T WANT TO. Be realistic with them, don't guarantee them price increases, as price increases weren't really guaranteed in the first place.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:55:43 PM

Bitcoin. Because they probably could understand the concept on why bitcoin was invented. You really don't need to explain to them how it works technically, as they probably wouldn't understand anyway. Just tell them about decentralization, etc. and DON'T FORCE THEM TO INVEST IF THEY DON'T WANT TO. Be realistic with them, don't guarantee them price increases, as price increases weren't really guaranteed in the first place.

I couldn't help but chuckle at your avatar. I couldn't agree more with you on this but I also would say Ethereum would be another good introduction to the cryptocurrrency realm. Sure, it's a bit more complicated to explain but with the constant evolution of technology, it's only going to get more complicated.
I.Grozni

Activity: 588
Merit: 286

Coinomi multi-coin HD wallet

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:06:41 PM

Hello my fellow friends in the Crypto Space. We are very new to the Bitcoin Forum and thank you all for the chance to be here. As the rest of the world is slowly catching up to the amazing blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies that are being created daily. If your in this space even for a week, you will get asked which Crypto Currency would you suggest, or which technology do you like best? So, I would like to ask around and gain more knowledge, what would you talk about with the older generation? Which Platform or technology would you talk most about with your Grand Parents?
 Let us know what you think, it will be interesting to hear which projects people truly stand behind the most! Thanks for your your insight, my grandparents are just waiting for my research!

Thus, parents should not be overly burdened with the technical side of blockchain and crypto currency. They need to tell them how to use a wallet to keep their cryptocurrency and point them to the need to keep private keys or seed phrases away from other people's views. If we keep saying that 'never need to keep all the eggs in the same basket' it means that besides Bitcoin they need to hold Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, Monero, Zcash, and maybe Bitcoin Cash or Bitcore. As for the wallet I suggest Coinomi mulit-coin HD wallet because all these currencies can hold in it and at the same time it is a very secure wallet. Available for Android devices, and in beta is for iOS, Windows, Linux and MacOS. https://coinomi.com/
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:00:22 PM

Bitcoin has the advantages of being around for years and having probably the most accessible and ease to use software. Plus, you know with Bitcoin that the developers are actively updating it, whilst we can't say the same for other altcoins out there.

Also, Bitcoin almost certainly has the most documentation out there due to it being around the longest and being the most popular cryptocurrency. I would suggest that they get into reading and using Bitcoin for these reasons and consider altcoins once they have a better understanding of cryptocurrency.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 10:15:13 PM

Bitcoin.
I couldn't agree more with you on this but I also would say Ethereum would be another good introduction to the cryptocurrrency realm. Sure, it's a bit more complicated to explain but with the constant evolution of technology, it's only going to get more complicated.

Ethereum has the best business model thus far, with their providing a blockchain for anyone to build their project upon. You can explain to your Grandparents what blockchain technology is and if they get that concept and utility you can tell them that Ethereum is the first company through the door offering the blockchain for the world to use.

Ripple is also one that could resonate well with an older crowd if they come from a finance or business background and can understand how slow the current payment system is. The fact that the fastest way to get $10,000 from one continent to another is to get on a plane and fly it there is absurd. The current banking system sucks because no one has ever challenged it. Ripple seeks to challenge the system, but not leave them behind, Ripple wants to bring them along. It's a happy medium and there's a ton of potential.

What work background do your Grandparents have? Tailor the token story to what they know.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: