Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:00:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell into this CNN media hype!  (Read 4214 times)
Edward50 (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:13:46 PM

We were heading down into the 11's, broke all barriers with relative ease to 12.5. Market manipulators could not even prop up the price for long although they tried.
Then the price shot up to a peak of $14.7. I am pretty sure this was all because CNN released a video or something about bitcoin. Maybe someone can verify the time this video came out and the time bitcoin shot back up to $14.7?

I am sure some of you have heard "Buy the rumor, Sell the News" in stock trading. Google it, there is a reason why this saying exists.

Well, if you have bitcoins now you should consider selling. The price has already broke into the $13's. We are heading back down again.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cloon

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:17:38 PM

you say this because you didnt buy at 12.5 ;-)

donations to 13zWUMSHA7AzGjqWmJNhJLYZxHmjNPKduY
Edward50 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:03:33 PM

you say this because you didnt buy at 12.5 ;-)

I'm not buying until the price goes way below $10.00.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:48:56 PM

I'm not buying until the price goes way below $10.00.

Good luck Ed, I'm not buying unless it goes way below parity again. Also, I'm not buying gold at 1500, that's silly - I'll buy at 100. I, too, ignore current reality in favor of my wishful dreams.

i am satoshi
kookiekrak

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:52:14 PM

lol about 8 years ago when i entered highschool, gold was 400$. my friend got a ton for his bar mitzvah.

now gold has QUADRUPILED to 1600$. lulz

FREE 100 GME if you post your Cryptsy TradeKey on the official GameCoinTalk forums

http://www.gamecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7.msg9#new
Edward50 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 05:05:05 PM

Actually I was telling many to buy gold when it was around $300-400, that was in 2003. I didn't have much money then to buy gold. Now I would not buy it at $1500.

But do sell into this rally, breaking down to $13.7 currently.

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 05:12:40 PM

This rally has nothing to do with the CNN story. It takes two to five days for a rookie to buy their first coins and the rally happened one day after the story broke. 

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 05:15:55 PM

well, a story means more people would come, that means the price would go up, that means time to buy if you were waiting, easy logic here. would there be a time to sell? definitely, but I expect 15 broken by the end of this week.

i am satoshi
Edward50 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 05:23:32 PM

This rally has nothing to do with the CNN story. It takes two to five days for a rookie to buy their first coins and the rally happened one day after the story broke. 

That is not how it works. When news comes out the speculators already in the market set the expected price. That is why rookies will usually never make money. For example, as soon as the story broke, all the smart (professinal speculators) saw that and said, jeez the bitcoin will now have a value of $15 when all the new people buy into this. So they start buying right away until the value hits the expected $15.

If someone can confirm when that CNN video was released and how the price of bitcoin was affected, then this will prove my point.

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 05:33:44 PM

That is why rookies will usually never make money.

usually never? You can't qualify an absolute. It is sometimes always stupid.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
Piper67
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 05:35:33 PM

That is why rookies will usually never make money.

usually never? You can't qualify an absolute. It is sometimes always stupid.

Don't fret, Billyjoeallen, Edward50 will learn about that in high school some day... it's the way it usually always happens.
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 06:08:39 PM

Heh, No faster way to learn then with money on the line  Wink
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 08:17:46 PM

This is another troll thread surely?

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
qikaifu

Activity: 168

God creats math and math creats bitcoin.

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 12:22:43 AM

thanks for your suggestion. I just bought some around 13.0, though not lowest point, but low enough.

If you see any of my suggestions useful, please donate me. http://btc.to/ec
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 02:10:29 AM

Yes It is very interesting times, I can't help  but keep checking the price of the bitcoin. I must admit, part of me wants it to go lower because I missed the boat on this one.

Probably my favorite quote on this forum.
Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 02:14:39 AM

Yes It is very interesting times, I can't help  but keep checking the price of the bitcoin. I must admit, part of me wants it to go lower because I missed the boat on this one.

yeah I was at a funeral the other day and couldn't help but check my iphone app to see the price during the eulogy.
Edward50 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 03:01:28 PM

Why do you keep putting this quote in all my threads. That was right after the price was $30 and I didn't see bitcoin for what it was. I wouldn't buy at $8 if it dropped that low. At $30, I felt I missed out because I learned about bitcoin way before but never researched it fully. Now I see bitcoin for what it is, a total speculation/collector currnecy.

Now I like to see the price drop because of all the people like you who try and undermine anybody who says anything negative about bitcoin, really when I say negative I mean truthful.

piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 03:07:28 PM

Edward your wish is not enough. You can invest money in this sacred goal of crushing bitcoins, I'll lay down details on how to do it.
1. Get 1 mil USD to MtGox ASAP
2. Buy bitcoins in small portions when it's high
3. Wait until it starts going down and put a sell order for everything priced at $1

4. Congratulations, you just caused panic, havoc, broke the trend, set BTC on a journey below $10! You lost your money in the process but that's the way it works - either you lose money and see your wish come true, or you save your money and bitterly observe your wish become untruer every day.

i am satoshi
cloon

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 03:08:19 PM

Why do you keep putting this quote in all my threads. That was right after the price was $30 and I didn't see bitcoin for what it was. I wouldn't buy at $8 if it dropped that low. At $30, I felt I missed out because I learned about bitcoin way before but never researched it fully. Now I see bitcoin for what it is, a total speculation/collector currnecy.

Now I like to see the price drop because of all the people like you who try and undermine anybody who says anything negative about bitcoin, really when I say negative I mean truthful.

like your posts! my favorite!
nearly the level of lardycake! ;-)

donations to 13zWUMSHA7AzGjqWmJNhJLYZxHmjNPKduY
grod

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 03:11:57 AM

So far us bears have been right, FWIW.

Me, I've stopped selling at $13.5 and lower.  Just no point spending inordinate amounts of time to squeeze out another $1-2.   Considering cost to produce a BTC is about $6 even without accounting for hardware wear & tear for most of the world I don't see a huge downside until I see difficulty plummeting -- and by that point since difficulty follows price it'll be too late to get away from the falling pyramid anyway.

If BTC survives to see "long term" it's going higher.  Gonna gamble on zero or big bucks, from now on it's a slowly accumulating long speculation for me.  The BTC I've sold until now have now covered GPUs, power supply and power for about 4 months and I'm not going to sell at or below production cost.  I'd rather gamble on another run-up in the next 3-4 months.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: