Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:18:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it digital gold?  (Read 1026 times)
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:46:23 AM

Like gold, Bitcoin is scarce, durable, mineable, but anti-counterfeiting, divisibility, and portability properties does make it somewhat better than gold. While gold is preferred as a safe haven for its stability as a long-term hedge, Bitcoins price volatility is far greater than that of gold. It's because of Bitcoin being a new technology and just a decade old, in these years we have seen that Bitcoin could be a good a store of value, but still not reliable. People invest into gold not expecting massive gains, but preserving/protecting wealth against any turmoil. In that sense, IMO, Bitcoin market is still somewhat too volatile and speculative, but evolving/maturing and with underlying utility as currency, it can be better than gold.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ondongeric18

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/Wl0rfMA.jpg

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:55:25 AM

Yes, Its kind of like that in nature. Bitcoin like gold is also being traded. And its value changes according to supply and demands. And it used as a legal tender in some countries. So it mo ey but of a different structure.

▐ ██████ ▌》    SONDER.VISION       《▐ ██████ ▌
HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
MainIbem

Activity: 1344
Merit: 386

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:07:47 AM

Bitcoin is more than gold. In addition to the qualities gold has,  bitcoin is enhancing peer to peer payments seamlessly across borders. It is easily convertible to all major currencies around the world. It is also accepted across the counter in many shops. It is acceptable as salary payment in certain places. So much bitcoin is achieving than gold could.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

xieqieshangu9

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:53:13 AM

Not only is bitcoin more volatile than the stock market and gold, its trading is unpredictable, even crazy.

These unstable features will make it hard for bitcoin to become digital gold!
Electro_wiz

Activity: 73

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 09:36:03 AM

yes of course, bitcoin is more than gold.btc is a way of getting rich.it's price is sky rocket. by btc people are more profitable. that's why I think it is digital gold.

Varanida.com ◉ ↾ Building A Better Internet ⇃ ◉ Varanida.com
Nylelyn

Activity: 296
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:11:43 AM

I agree that bitcoin is now being called the digital gold. They have some similar aspects, one of them is that gold and bitcoin have limited supply, therefore, as the demand increases its value will be more expensive as well. Another thing is the trust that investors have invested over these two hot source of treasures and richness. Gold has been present since ancient times while bitcoin on the other hand has been created in 2009 and yet tremendously the value went up very high due to the trust from people. As predicted and expected, bitcoin value to soar higher reaching its peak that will make its holder richer than ever.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM ┃ TWITTER ┃ INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:00:48 AM

Bitcoin is like digital gold ........ is it correct? It is a transferable asset but not duplicable ..... do you agree? What are the points in favor and those against this statement? I would like a very analytical and specific arisposal.
In a way, it has the qualities of gold, but it isn’t a digital gold. You can just call it digital asset and not gold cause gold has nothing to do with cryptocurrencies and is totally different from them. I know they share some similar qualities just like being decentralized and not being controlled by anyone, but still, they are different… somethings differs.
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:07:02 AM

Bitcoin is like digital gold ........ is it correct? It is a transferable asset but not duplicable ..... do you agree? What are the points in favor and those against this statement? I would like a very analytical and specific arisposal.

As what i have understood on butcoin, yes this is a digital gold with very precious value. Bitcoin is the barometer of every fluctuation happening in cryptocurrency and this is the most commonly used digital asset. Though bitcoin has no medium to support its existence, this cryptocurrency gives its user the chance to gain and profit in a most distinct way.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:17:42 AM

Digital gold can be said yes can also not, bitcoin is digital gold true if it means high value or have a high selling price can also be like a treasure that is identical with gold, while if the rate is not because the bitcoin is unstable and very volatile.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
yunzau

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:37:28 AM

My opinion about digital gold is bitcoin.bitcoin is decentralized gold
and the change in value depends on the market of trade and inflation. The difference lies in the way of storage and transfer
koehlebd

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:40:26 AM

It's either digital gold, or it is digital nothing. I think that is what this great experiment is going to figure out.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:43:14 AM

It's definitely digital gold - and the proof is that some gold funds are investing in bitcoin:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/24/a-gold-fund-is-investing-in-bitcoin.html

They started ploughing money into bitcoin as soon as the bitcoin price exceeded the price of gold. They then take profits gradually and reinvest in gold. It's a pretty smart strategy that has allowed them to outperform their competitors.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Morjana17

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:46:44 AM

I agree on you, I consider bitcoin as a digital gold. Why?
Because bitcoin is a really gold it has a high price the value is accepted all over the world in which we can easily change the equivalent. The virtual money can be a real money. Many people admire and wants to invest bitcoin because they find out that it brings richness and belongs to elite group. Many individuals wanted to Invest in bitcoin eventhough the price is still changing but no hopeless at all because their is capacity to be in high portion.

╭═══════════════════   A L F A ─ E N Z O   ═══════════════════╮
│   \▼/"Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem\▼/  │
╰════════════ FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM ══════════════╯
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:06:36 PM

I agree it's a digital gold, and I think that would be the best way to describe bitcoin as digital cash isn't really the right way to do that, I still think that bitcoin is a lot more then just digital gold.

Gold is a decentralized , can't be controlled by anyone and no one can print or make new gold out of no where, just like the bitcoin, it's price is being determined by real time trading, and nothing else, the inflation rate could be called fixed as there is not an organization that can decide to change the rate, but we can't know if someone will find a new gold mine or a planet full of gold in the future.
Both bitcoin and gold can act as a store of value
Bitcoin can also be transferred electronically, a place where gold failed,and is very easy to transfer and to verify that it's legit, and that's why it can also act like cash and not just like gold.

The term may be correct, digital gold. Bitcoin is is really digital because it not tangible, you can only find it in the net, but it is still an individual asset. In terms of value, it even exceeds the price value of real gold in a very large gap. It is also being mined like gold, but all these similarities are not exactly identical to the property of each other. Both will always roll in their own market cap.
shileiya

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:03:06 PM

I agree with you that bitcoin is a portfolio asset comparable to gold, and digital currencies should be considered low / zero returns or hedges, just like assets, just like gold. Gold is not a real currency, but it is easily converted into cash.
pankowri

Activity: 728
Merit: 63

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:13:03 PM

I don't quite agree with the fact that Btc is digital gold.Because gold is the physical asset,its price is in Government and sometimes the gold price decreases or stays for a long time.On the other hand,Btc is completely different because it's an online job,it's useful for transactions,this is the digital network.Btc is much more expensive than the value of gold.And Btc is the digital asset for future generations.

jinxing

Activity: 276
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:20:16 PM

Yes I agree. Digital gold is the same as bitcoin. Equally high value asset is safe and guaranteed. But the risk is different. Gold is much safer and real due to real physical. Bitcoin risk is not real. Bitcoin and gold are both good to invest.
azguard2

Activity: 106
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:49:21 PM

Bitcoin or any crypto is consider as digital good. So bitcoin can be gold something can be silver or any other precious metal that is mined. Off course cryptos are mined to but in different way but still they are mined. So anything can be gold in one way or another.
Strongball

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:12:58 PM

It sounds even better and more appealing. Bitcoin is comparably digital gold. Sought after and very pricey in the market.
A solid and impregnable commodity, asset and investment. A wise and deluxe choice to anyone who gets the
opportunity to purchase and own one or more. There was even a time that bitcoin rivaled gold, in
terms of price and the speed that took in such a short amount of time that it was able to
surpass gold's market value. Virtually you can mine bitcoins just like gold in real life,
it mimics and facsimile the likeness of obtaining gold in the real world.
Both are assets that emerge to be symbols of wealth,
status and fortune today.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:10:22 AM

Some people are pretend that bitcoin is digital gold. But actually they are different, gold is physical asset and bitcoin is digital asset. But you should consider about the risk too. Bitcoin is good for trading and online transactions but the risk is very big in it.
Well, no one is disputing that fact, but we all know in the literal sense what people are trying to say here. Yes, bitcoin itself is not gold. They are both an asset, and one being physical with the other being digital which I guess is one of the reasons the OP classified it as digital gold with the way you can easily make a lot of profit holding it as an asset which gold would not have even given.

So probably, we can either just call it a digital asset or an equivalent of a gold asset but in a digital form as long as we know what we are trying to imply.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: