Bitcoin Forum
December 04, 2016, 02:19:10 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OLPC XO laptop  (Read 5634 times)
Anonymous
Guest

February 01, 2011, 04:00:15 PM
 #21

I really doubt they are real. It will go back to the mid-40s soon enough. If this holds true, I might have to retract my offer.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1480861150
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1480861150

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1480861150
Reply with quote  #2

1480861150
Report to moderator
1480861150
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1480861150

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1480861150
Reply with quote  #2

1480861150
Report to moderator
nelisky
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1554


View Profile
February 01, 2011, 04:12:04 PM
 #22

I really doubt they are real. It will go back to the mid-40s soon enough. If this holds true, I might have to retract my offer.

We will, eventually, think of prices in terms of bitcoins and not the other lesser currencies counterparts. I do need to pay for shipping in euros, so I don't want to sell for a price where I end up paying to sell, but other than that I want bitcoins. Of course I assume coins will increase in value, but I'm pretty sure we'll see both parity and back to <0.4 in the near future, so if your decision is based on the spot btc/$ index, you are in for a ride Wink

But because I understand the times are very volatile, let me hit the hammer once on the current bids... I can't promise an exact time to end this, but I'll try to keep it below 24h after the latest bid.

So... going once...
nelisky
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1554


View Profile
February 01, 2011, 09:35:12 PM
 #23

Quote
B2 - Atlas @ 155 (Feb 1)
B4 - rebuilder @ 220 (Feb 1)

Going twice...

We have been seeing a huge increase in the value of bitcoins, and while it might be short lived, no one can really do more than guess.  So 3 options I see:
- If you guys want to review your offers down I won't mind, though I do believe that they are still fair for both sides.
- Another option is to take the current high value of bitcoins as leverage to close the deal. The 24hr average is now on .65, so if it doesn't fall under .60 and you keep your bids, I'll be happy to close the deal right now.
- We can just wait this volatile period out.

What say you?
rebuilder
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1618



View Profile
February 01, 2011, 10:17:42 PM
 #24

220 is an OK price IMO. This spike is due to speculation, I'm not interested in that. I expect the USD/BTC price to fall to 0.55-0.6 or thereabouts quiet soon, anyway. Close the auction on the B4 if you don't want to wait for further bids and PM me so we can work out the details.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
nelisky
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1554


View Profile
February 01, 2011, 10:23:15 PM
 #25

220 is an OK price IMO. This spike is due to speculation, I'm not interested in that. I expect the USD/BTC price to fall to 0.55-0.6 or thereabouts quiet soon, anyway. Close the auction on the B4 if you don't want to wait for further bids and PM me so we can work out the details.

Yep, I feel the same way. There's some resistance @ .55 but that is all that prevents prices from going back to <0.5. Or course the market may prove me wrong (I hope so Smiley ).

If you don't mind, I still have a few hours of work ahead of me, so if no other bids appear before I finish, I'll close the B4 deal with you. If you want me to close right now I can too, it is a fair price.
Anonymous
Guest

February 01, 2011, 10:32:35 PM
 #26

I'll be happy to close with you once the price settles. .55/BTC isn't bad.
nelisky
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1554


View Profile
February 02, 2011, 02:57:25 AM
 #27

220 is an OK price IMO. This spike is due to speculation, I'm not interested in that. I expect the USD/BTC price to fall to 0.55-0.6 or thereabouts quiet soon, anyway. Close the auction on the B4 if you don't want to wait for further bids and PM me so we can work out the details.

Ok, B4 is off market, rebuilder takes it for 220 coins.

I am unable to send you a PM, the forum software keeps telling me I'm leaving the body empty for some reason. PM me an email address so we can make the needed arrangements.
nelisky
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1554


View Profile
February 02, 2011, 08:10:20 PM
 #28

I'll be happy to close with you once the price settles. .55/BTC isn't bad.

Not sure I understand here, Atlas... you mean you'll be ok to close the deal @ 155 for the B2 if/when prices settle at .55? You are alone in the bidding for this laptop, so I'm certainly ok with waiting, I just want to be clear as to what your bid and conditions are.
Anonymous
Guest

February 02, 2011, 08:19:47 PM
 #29

I am going to have to lower my offer to 135 BTC due to this deflation.

I will need less than 3 days from now to collect the BTC, if you don't mind.
nelisky
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1554


View Profile
February 02, 2011, 08:28:13 PM
 #30

I am going to have to lower my offer to 135 BTC due to this deflation.

I will need less than 3 days from now to collect the BTC, if you don't mind.

B2 - Atlas @ 135 (Feb 2)
B4 - sold to rebuilder

As I said, I'm perfectly ok with waiting, but since the deal isn't close if someone outbids you and wants prompt delivery I may just take it. Again, you are alone bidding so you should be safe Smiley
Anonymous
Guest

February 03, 2011, 05:45:10 PM
 #31

I had to loan my cousin money. Lowering to 90 BTC. Close whenever you would prefer.
nelisky
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1554


View Profile
February 03, 2011, 06:32:08 PM
 #32

I had to loan my cousin money. Lowering to 90 BTC. Close whenever you would prefer.

This has got to be the strangest bid sequence I've seen in a while Smiley I'm not selling it at that price, not with the shipping included, so feel free to retract or bid up at your leisure.

No hurries, though.
kiba
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 980


View Profile
February 03, 2011, 06:36:17 PM
 #33

I had to loan my cousin money. Lowering to 90 BTC. Close whenever you would prefer.

I am sure he will ask you for more loans.  Wink

Anonymous
Guest

February 03, 2011, 07:08:19 PM
 #34

Haha, it's been a pleasure. Well, I won't go higher than 100 BTC.
Pegasus-Rider
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 53


View Profile
February 03, 2011, 07:35:11 PM
 #35

I'm interested what's the minimal cost of an XO, shipping to Russia included (Moscow or Saint-Petersburg will do)?
nelisky
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1554


View Profile
February 03, 2011, 07:46:19 PM
 #36

I'm interested what's the minimal cost of an XO, shipping to Russia included (Moscow or Saint-Petersburg will do)?

Make me an offer, all bids in thread are inclusive of shipping. Just make sure you understand the XO currently on sale is a B2 version (see first post for links to specs) which, having only 256MB ram can't use newest sugar builds. It still works fine, though.

I have one more, C1 version (first mass production, the ones on the "give one, get one" initiative) but I'm not sure I want to sell it. You are free to make me an offer on this one too, of course.
Anonymous
Guest

February 03, 2011, 07:49:31 PM
 #37

Are you willing to be paid in silver, Nelisky?

...with a mixture of Bitcoins of course.
Anonymous
Guest

February 03, 2011, 08:38:45 PM
 #38

Look, I apologize for being silly. I retract. Thank you for your time.
nelisky
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1554


View Profile
February 03, 2011, 08:51:32 PM
 #39

Look, I apologize for being silly. I retract. Thank you for your time.

Be silly all you want, I don't mind Wink

B2 is open for offers, please form a single line!
AtticusHardenCourt
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2


View Profile
February 03, 2011, 08:56:37 PM
 #40

Now, you say you are in Europe. How much in BTC for shipment to the US?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!