Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:07:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] App for checking prices from you desktop  (Read 1328 times)
bitnotifications (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 04:28:27 PM

Hey Guys,

I made a small app that makes it easy to check the current prices in $ and € from your desktop. It adds a tray icon next to your clock that you can click to see the current prices and compare them with the prices 24h, 7d and 30d ago.

I made this app for myself because I found myself checking the current value of my bitcoin 30 times a day ;-) I decided to make it public.

Check it out: http://bitcoin-prices.com/

Tell me what you think and maybe I will add your favorite feature in return ;-)

Mark

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 08:27:36 PM

Hmm nice little app..thanks

The setup seemed to hang here

but the app was still visible and accessible through the try icon.

Would be nice to be able to remove Euro currency though as its not required.

Cheers

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 10:51:56 PM

There seem to be some issues with this app.

First is that it's Windows-only. I'd love something like this, but I'm not using Windows and I have no plans to start.

Second is that I could not find any source code. How can we be sure that this program will not steal a user's wallet.dat?

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
XIU

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 01:08:26 AM

First is that it's Windows-only. I'd love something like this, but I'm not using Windows and I have no plans to start.

Second is that I could not find any source code. How can we be sure that this program will not steal a user's wallet.dat?

I've downloaded the installer-free version, it's a .NET 2.0 applications (using forms, so it might work on mono) and no sign of any code that would steal a wallet in the version I checked Smiley
bitnotifications (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 10:18:39 AM

Hmm nice little app..thanks

The setup seemed to hang here

https://i.imgur.com/5UFD4.jpg

but the app was still visible and accessible through the try icon.

Would be nice to be able to remove Euro currency though as its not required.

Cheers

Hm, strange. In this phase my setup just starts the tray app and once it is running continues. Maybe you can send me a screenshot of all processes that are running (preferably in process explorer's tree mode).

Did the setup show a message box (it should)?
bitnotifications (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 10:21:00 AM

"Windows-only": Yeah, sorry about that. I do not know how to make a linux version (I would have done that).

"source code": Never thought about this. I will probably release it today (it is not interesting anyway, no trade secrets to be found in a winforms app ;-) ). Thanks for the suggestion!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: