Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:11:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 200A 277/470V  (Read 76 times)
jsmithuk (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:12:58 PM

I am looking to build a small farm. I have a lead on buying out some Antminers from another miner who is looking to exit, but need to do some more diligence on state of hardware so I don't take on too much risk if hardware fails out of warranty.

I have a facility that has 200A 277/470V. It's a re-let from a business that's moved but is stuck with the lease, so I have a decent rate on the property. I haven't priced in cooling and am trying to get creative with venting heat externally. It's an industrial/flex space so noise and neighbors aren't an issue.

Any thoughts on going ASIC vs. GPU farm? I have plenty of space for the more traditional 7 to 8 GPU rigs. It seems the GPU rigs have more flexibility on switching to other algos which reduces the difficulty/profitability risk a bit.

I'm still working on power costs. Didn't get a straight answer on what my power cost would be from power company over the phone. I provided peak and average usage numbers (essentially running steady 24x7). Will update the post once power company gets back.

Any feedback appreciated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: