Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:44:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of Twitter Scammers  (Read 19732 times)
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:19:35 AM

Being hearing about this stuff, it's pretty crazy hackers are getting bolder and bolder stealing cryptocurrency. The best way to stop it is educate everyone so they know to avoid scams, phishing, malware and viruses too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 04:11:04 PM

Being hearing about this stuff, it's pretty crazy hackers are getting bolder and bolder stealing cryptocurrency. The best way to stop it is educate everyone so they know to avoid scams, phishing, malware and viruses too.

Which is why i thought I should post this, as it might save some people in the future.

Positivebetting
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 04:31:21 PM

This is still very much alive so I hope people are using caution when talking with people on Twitter or clicking links.

Positivebetting
Carmen03

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:46:10 AM
Merited by mrcash02 (1)

Anyone who spent a minimal amount of time on the internet has learned that cyberspace is home to a plaque of scams designed to exact money from unsuspecting victim, collect and use private information and even seize control of their computers through malicious hacks. Social networking sit Twitter is not immune to scammers in fact , the rate in which Twitter scam are being discovered and reported is growing steadily as more sophisticated criminals try their hand and Twitter scam. Another Twitter scam send a message to Twitter users to convince them that they have just won a free cellphone and provide a link to claim their prize Clicking the link sends users to a websites where they need to fill out their current cellphone number and a few minor details.The scam then succeeds in enrolling the user in a subscription text service of one kind or another.                                                                                         It is important always  to remember never give anyone information without  being able to accurately verify who they are and always type the Twitter Web address into a browser yourself in order to login rather than using links provided in emails.
Taulava1505

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 06:13:57 PM

Thank you for your reminder.by the way yes I have encounter scammer not only in Twitter also in telegram and Facebook.so I know it's not true that my money become triple that scammer is really crazy.they are many and more,i hope someday they pay for all bad for there victim
9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:46:53 PM

It so sad when you see a friend working tirelessly to earn a living and some from no where is also work tirelessly on how to hack and steal his money. Too bad, people are wicked
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 06:53:32 PM

No way to avoid this, as there are lots of beggar with no reasoning in twitter and other platforms like telegram groups. To me, it is not theft but just a natural selection from this point of view.

mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:06:53 PM

"send .02 BTC and get triple"

I think anyone who says things like that shouldn't be taken seriously... Doesn't matter if they have the "blue verification" or not, it's not real... Maybe that is a new niche people have found to make profit, to sell verified accounts to scammers. But come on, it's very easy to avoid such scammers, just don't send money to them and you will be fine, ignore these offers or report to Twitter.

There are more sofisticated scams on the internet and about those you really need to take extra precautions.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Verona25

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:35:21 PM

By a similar principle, torrents work. You install a program, and someone else does the same. After that, you can transfer files to each other directly, without the involvement of any servers, and with little or no control.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 02:50:50 AM

"send .02 BTC and get triple"

I think anyone who says things like that shouldn't be taken seriously... Doesn't matter if they have the "blue verification" or not, it's not real... Maybe that is a new niche people have found to make profit, to sell verified accounts to scammers. But come on, it's very easy to avoid such scammers, just don't send money to them and you will be fine, ignore these offers or report to Twitter.

There are more sofisticated scams on the internet and about those you really need to take extra precautions.

Not everyone is able to see the obv scam.

Positivebetting
romanovst

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:41:32 AM

Not only are the scammers doing the fake accounts that say "send .02 BTC and get triple" but apparently now they are either buying verified accounts or hacking them and changing the names and pictures to cryptocurrency people. Now it can actually be hard to tell if someone is scamming.

An example:https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/967887920991559681

Really shitty that this is happening. Be careful everyone

1) Those offers regarding doubling or tripling the money are always fake. This is also done on a large scale in Facebook groups and I think they might be able to find some innocent people falling for this. This is one of the worst ways to make money as the person is scamming.

2) Regarding hacking the Twitter accounts and changing names to crypto, this is also for money. There are so many legal ways to make money and it really makes  me feel sorry for people going to such low levels to earn their livelihood.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:38:25 PM

This is why facebook and twitter are banning cryptocurrency ads, due to the high number of scams being carried out on these platforms using cryptocurrencies Ads. A lot of people do not do research into cryptos so they take these information from these scammers as the truth since they do not know much about bitcoin. Everyone should be careful who they do transactions with.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:42:19 PM

wow thanks for your info, lately i saw scammer like that in twitter, at the first time i dont know that is a scam but i just realized that, its not possible that can make many money without effort and no risk. just double and triple your bitcoin in one night? haha immposible

kumar jabodah

Activity: 532
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:46:06 PM

Yes many of the hacking series are happening right now on twitter.
So we should be careful, Especially we do not know who we can trust.

Like my friend who lost twitter because of hacking it!
Mofoblitz

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:53:39 AM

Yes be very careful on twitter. This is why bans are being put in place and there are so many scammers right now and these people are destroying the reputation of bitcoin.
Nikolaiy

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:26:41 AM

In addition to the classic method, there is also cloud mining of bitcoins. This is a simplified way, how you can earn on the mining of crypto currency bitcoin.
multikript888

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:51:28 PM

Encrypted copies of this database are kept by all participants of the system. If we consider bitcoin, then the base is everything that is done with this crypto currency, operations
yana0901

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:23:45 AM

it's almost impossible to transfer money directly, so users started to create electronic payment means. Mediators make all transactions, charging fees for transfers.
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 09:40:32 AM

Not only are the scammers doing the fake accounts that say "send .02 BTC and get triple" but apparently now they are either buying verified accounts or hacking them and changing the names and pictures to cryptocurrency people. Now it can actually be hard to tell if someone is scamming.

An example:https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/967887920991559681

Really shitty that this is happening. Be careful everyone

You know what if people are so stupid and they still believe in such an occasion this is their problem and I am not sorry for them at all. This is so old scam that I just don't believe that anybody can still be a victim of this super deals. Nobody gives you money for free, especially in crypto. If something looks like a scam, smells like a scam then probably it is a scam and you should be warned.

Pistachiop

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:01:54 AM

This cannot be said enough times. The amount of scammers on twitter is alarming. What makes me sad is that there are people who fall for these scams everyday and end up thinking bitcoin is a scam and they no longer buy into the market.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: