Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:55:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] UBIC:The cryptocurrency providing UBI for the masses using the E-Passport  (Read 18154 times)
ubicorn (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:03:13 PM

@uboid, @freepellent: thank you!!
@uboid I have linked your block explorer in the announcement post.
I am still looking for contributors to build a mobile app and improve the core source code, you are welcome.
freepellent

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:56:05 PM

Explorer blockchain 13793. My client height 6890?
uboid

Activity: 114
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 10:04:18 PM

I am in for the android mobile app!

Android app to get a crypto UBI. (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=network.ubic.ubic)
ubicorn (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:10:11 PM

Explorer blockchain 13793. My client height 6890?

Some times it deadlocks when it is syncing from several nodes, it is a known issue I am working on.
The simple workaround is to restart UBIC using
Code:
/etc/init.d/ubic restart
KurororLus

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:10:38 PM

The use of NFC enabled chip passport of awesome ideas, yet it might also be a big no no, since details and information or identity of an investor might be at risk if the system gets compromise. what are your plans about this matter?
ubicorn (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:20:19 PM

The use of NFC enabled chip passport of awesome ideas, yet it might also be a big no no, since details and information or identity of an investor might be at risk if the system gets compromise. what are your plans about this matter?

There are no personal information published on the blockchain, in the current and future core implementation no personal information are extracted from the passport. Only the digital signature, the signed hash as well as the Document signing certificate are recovered.
What will be published on the Blockchain is:
 - The hash (checksum) of the chip content (name, lastname, passport number, jpeg picture of your face...)
 - The hash of the document signing certificate
 - A non-transferable proof of signature knowledge, not the signature itself

As a consequence only a government can know what UBI address belongs to who.
Non-UBI receiving remain completely anonymous.
freepellent

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:47:38 PM

Where all peers gone?
ubicorn (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:51:07 PM

There should be at least 3 peers (https://github.com/UBIC-repo/node-list/blob/master/nodes)
Code:

You can use this command to add some manually:
Code:
ubic add-peer <ip address>
ubicorn (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:53:47 PM

Checking peers is done through this command:
Code:
ubic peers
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:03:19 PM

There are no personal information published on the blockchain, in the current and future core implementation no personal information are extracted from the passport. Only the digital signature, the signed hash as well as the Document signing certificate are recovered.
 - The hash (checksum) of the chip content (name, lastname, passport number, jpeg picture of your face...)

How will people know that more information is not read off the chip than what is necessary? Do people have a guarantee that you will not ready any PI data? With GDPR imminent this becomes a very important discussion.
freepellent

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:02:33 AM

"Do people have a guarantee that you will not ready any PI data?" In a trustless blockchain? Shocked
ubicorn (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:43:19 AM

How will people know that more information is not read off the chip than what is necessary? Do people have a guarantee that you will not ready any PI data? With GDPR imminent this becomes a very important discussion.

They can read the source code and compile from it.
cattano

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:58:20 AM

So the goal of UBIC is replacing the old version of passport that still has many security issues.
By providing more secure system on the passport, that will give extra protection for everyone and minimize the possibilities of a fakes passport.
freepellent

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:30:52 AM

So the goal of UBIC is replacing the old version of passport that still has many security issues.
By providing more secure system on the passport, that will give extra protection for everyone and minimize the possibilities of a fakes passport.

How do you get to become Sr Member and not undestand to read white paper?
ubicorn (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:05:22 AM

It uses the E-passport to distribute a UBI and defeat a sybil attack. E-passports are very secure!
freepellent

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:11:57 AM

If no PI data being stored on the blockchain, how is network aware of the passport country of origin?
ubicorn (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:32:25 AM

If no PI data being stored on the blockchain, how is network aware of the passport country of origin?
Using the Document Signing Certificate, they are associated to a country.
You can also not register the same passport multiple times because the signed hash that is published is unique identifier.
Ubiubi18

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 08:46:09 AM

As promised I just released my block explorer for UBIC, it's still in a very early stage. The url is: https://ubic.network

Well done!
freepellent

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:04:24 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2018, 11:35:28 AM by freepellent

there is this app ReadID-NFC passport reader. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.innovalor.nfciddocshowcase.
I tried it and read the data on my passport chip. There is a lot of data. I can see on the block explorer only one passport registered. And honestly I was too scared to scan passport chip data in an online regime, I think the idea of this project to use nfc passport chip data is excellent. However, I would feel more secure to generate from the passport chip data the required key or seed in an offline mode.  Then enter it to create my unique UBIC wallet. Hope there is a way.
WAKKOCAI

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:27:19 AM

this is a very important project because now in the crypt there is an increasing need to confirm the wildness of the owner of the  wallet, I would invest in this project ..

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: