Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:08:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Otho.network scam - beware (a good lesson for all)  (Read 603 times)
99th (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:27:30 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 11:41:40 PM by 99th

So the otho.network team executed a pretty good scam. Those of us in the project from the beginning have now been banned from their telegram and forums for outing this scam. We found out the sad news last night and over the course of today. I hope many of you didn't lose any money, for those of you that did I feel your pain and quite a few others as well.

This thread will hopefully prevent anyone else from being screwed over by these scumbags. Here is a few links to provide proof.

So this is a good lesson on how you can even be scammed by free airdrops. Disappointed is an understatement.

Otho.network - check the community aka forum pages, specifically the bounty and kucoin listing threads - http://forum.otho.network/

Twitter account was deleted earlier - https://mobile.twitter.com/Otho_Network

Facebook account was deleted earlier - https://m.facebook.com/Otho.Network/

Check the telegram channel and scroll through the last day's messages to see the bad news and how we figured it out - https://t.me/OthoNetworkCommunity

Their official bounty thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2719981.0

Official ANN thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2701173.0
Jdavid05

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:52:26 AM

Yeah they announce that OTHO will be listed on Kucoin today but its a Scam signal so many people will buy their OTHO on sell order with cheap price. I though this projects will br successfull but they broke it OTHO community is good too its always active not suspected to be a scam and OTHO has a forum.
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:54:54 AM

Such dishonest companies are becoming more and more every day(
Many people want to earn money at someone else's expense.
I hope they will be held accountable!

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

Iyanu14

Activity: 795
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:23:09 AM

people involving in it are doing that at there own risk i can't pay a dime for an airdrop it is  not possible i can only invest my money on ico i have made a lot of research on it and which doesn't have red flag.
CryptoAllDay

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:25:10 AM

Thanks for the heads up about Otho.  I was looking into this project earlier, sorry to hear that the team was dishonest and tried to squeeze out even more money with false announcements.  Crypto is a risky investment these days, make sure to do due dillegence.
Zveresk

Activity: 378
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:38:50 AM

I never trust companies which attract people to their project by referring system. Most of such project are become scam
chitocrypto

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

For verified airdrops https://t.me/pinoyairdrop

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 06:53:44 AM

Well, I was just looking at this before. Luckily I didn't put any money on Otho. Sorry for the loss of others.

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:05:28 AM

I also have noticed their announcement about listing it in Kucoin but upon checking, I can't find OTHO paired with any of the active markets in Kucoin. Okay, I was deceived but good thing, I didn't lose any amount, only efforts.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
99th (OP)

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:06:32 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 11:33:40 PM by 99th
Merited by jouns (1)

I don't even understand why some of these scammy projects spend so much effort and time to make like $10k-$20k when they could make millions delivering a decent project. If you have the skills to build such a nice website, forum, roadmap, social network etc...and go through the process of doing an elaborate air drop, you are essentially paying $5k to make $10k over the course of 3 months or so. It seems like you could make more just building websites? I don't know....I guess I can't think like a douchebag scammer. If anyone can explain the logic behind this shit, please enlighten me.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:39:03 AM

Such scammers discourage people to take part in any token sales.  This is how good projects lose their chance to increase their funds and earn more for people.  Sad.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
maursader

Activity: 509
Merit: 250

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:43:56 AM

Yeah they announce that OTHO will be listed on Kucoin today but its a Scam signal so many people will buy their OTHO on sell order with cheap price. I though this projects will br successfull but they broke it OTHO community is good too its always active not suspected to be a scam and OTHO has a forum.
Yes, legit projects would never announce that before getting listed on KuCoin. Because KuCoin doesn't allow such announcements before trading is going live.
99th (OP)

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:44:26 PM

Such scammers discourage people to take part in any token sales.  This is how good projects lose their chance to increase their funds and earn more for people.  Sad.

Yes, I totally agree. The scary part is the lengths at which these scams are willing to go to get only a little amount of money. I am not one for regulating crypto, but the amount of scams going around right now is absurd. Otho.network scam is a real eye opener for me and hopefully for many others too.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:55:18 PM

sad to say that this is reality,and must serve as a learn to experienced,because until now lots of lots of users wanted to earn but not tooking care of their funds,putting instantly the capital in every ico that promises a good profit.but not noticing that all of them has saying the same thing..actually i dont know this otho project ii will search for this after commenting here.i hope all the victims of this project will soon recover and will take this as part of learning about joining and investing ICO..be aware that more than 30% of them as just to scam
iAMawi123

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 04:14:23 PM

Otho Forum is not working anymore -> Try to check http://forum.otho.network/

Also, I have been kicked or I can no longer access their telegram group chat.

A lot of people will be discouraged because of scam stunts like these. Also based on what 99th has said, this is truly an eye opener for us so that we will be more careful and informative before diving onto a project or ICO

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▄░░▄████████████▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀█████████████████████████▀▄█
░░░░░░░░███▄▀█████████████████████▀▄███
░░░░░░░░█████▄▀█████████████████▀▄█████
░░░░░░░░███████▄▄▀███████████▀▄▄███████
░░░░░░░░██████████▄▄▀█████▀▄▄██████████
░░░░░░░░█████████████▄▀█▀▄█████████████
░░░░░░░░▀▀█████████████░░████████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████░░██████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████░░████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████░░███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░███████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███░░███▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

TEMCO

██████████
█░░░░░░░░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀░░░░█
██████████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░██
░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░█▌
░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░▄▀░░░██
░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░▐█
░██░░░░░░▄██▀░░░█▌
░▀▀█████▀░░░░░░██
░░░██▀▀█▄▄░░░░█▌
░░░█▄░░██▀▀▀▄██
░░░█▄█▀
99th (OP)

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:50:39 AM

Otho Forum is not working anymore -> Try to check http://forum.otho.network/

Also, I have been kicked or I can no longer access their telegram group chat.

A lot of people will be discouraged because of scam stunts like these. Also based on what 99th has said, this is truly an eye opener for us so that we will be more careful and informative before diving onto a project or ICO

Their site hasn't worked for me since I posted something similar to this in their own forums. And considering I was one of the higher ranked members in their forum I'm sure they weren't too happy. I assume they actually blocked my IP address and that's why their site appears down. I have not tried to access it with a mask or anything...I wonder if they blocked you too. Anyone can check to see if it is actually down or if we are being blocked from accessing it? Just curious if they are still trying to scam at this point. I did notice that the buy orders dropped from 2 cents to 0 over the last 12 hours. Scumbags.
Adreman23

Activity: 1366
Merit: 107

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:26:04 AM

Nowadays thousands of coins are created and if you're in a team it is hard for one coin to promote in order to embrace or accept by community. The otho project is accepted by community but unfortunately it was scam now. What a waste project, If only they continue the project, team will be a millionaire someday.

brelok777

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

Decentralizing Wealth Building Investment Opportu

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:41:03 AM

The next scammers. Unfortunately, fraudulent ICO more and more. This unfortunately the realities of the market are crypto currency. I hope that in the future the situation will change for the better.

macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 11:45:01 AM

I had participated the bounty campaign, thanks for attending us about this.

jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:58:03 AM

This was a complete surprise for me, for $ 300 I received an excellent lesson and life experience  Cool
fara_buduk

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

gik nyareh proyek seteppak pas sepak

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:47:31 PM

very unfortunately this kind of thing happens when the scam project is organized neatly so many birds stuck in their trap. honestly I was surprised when reading this news and the fate of luck still siding with me, because not to inves in this project even though only loss of work and time follow bounty program

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: