Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:46:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some one used my username on bounty  (Read 627 times)
hotcoin1234

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:08:20 AM

We shouldn't condone this practice, you should report to the admin asap to stop thing practice in the forum
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:32:19 AM

You can write to bounty manager but mostly they are not in a hurry to help. You should try to join to good bounty so that there are no such problems. Although this is not easy.
CryptoTrip

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:05:29 AM

Everything is simply solved. You write to the bounty manager, if it's necessary confirm that it's you and the manager removes the villain.

wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:09:47 AM

Just contact the bounty manager and he will work this out. Don't hesitate, that is part of his work.

Manc89

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:10:38 AM

Hi! I decided to say this out because it's really terrible.  I recently joined bounty and upon checking the spreadsheet,  I discovered my Telegram's username has been used by some one here in this forum. This isn't the first time I had experienced it. I must have lost a lot in in projects I have joined due to this evil.

I still have the bitcointalk username of the impersonator. Do you think I should make it known to everyone here by posting the username?

If your username being used by someone else mean your registration is double. 1 is really yours and another one is other people.
The manager can ban you because of this. I know its not your fault but if you dont report this to manager then the manager will think that you try cheating by doing double registration. Please report it before you regret.
Panteleymon

Activity: 262

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:12:47 AM

Nothing surprising. My account was also subjected to such an attempt at fraud. But it is relatively harmless. Someone is trying to just make money on your work so that your articles and posts work for him. They just indicate your data, and your wallet. This is not new. Of course, it is extremely unpleasant that there are such parasites that are not capable of anything useful to humanity, but your struggle with them will not be fruitful. But if you yourself participate in the ICO, it is better to talk with the manager, so that everything is in order. It is better to be safe.
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:18:56 AM

better report it to the moderators, and creat another new account for you to use. people like this is like rats of cryptos, doing something cruel just to earn even though it means stealing someones property, i hope all of this people will be remove in this world.
perova93

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:29:29 AM

Yes, this is often the case with people who register in companies. Mosquitos simply choose to guess the user's nickname and steal it for their own personal gain. Resist this and immediately write to the manager of the bounty.
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:32:45 AM

I have not experienced that you can used the same username.  Maybe it is not truly the same because there is a capital Letter or a period in between.  In bitcointalk forum, you can not register with the same username and you have a password that protects you.  It is also a requirement that the ethereum address is shown in your profile. Anyway, bitcointalk forum has a board that could put sanction on the use of the same username.  Why not report it to the board forum for investigation.
Theoneo8

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:51:02 AM

Why that person didn't use some of the Legendary account usernames? That scammer would profit more in that case.
Just saying.
jondel

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:33:37 PM

Why that person didn't use some of the Legendary account usernames? That scammer would profit more in that case.
Just saying.

LOL, I think rank is for signature bounty. For telegram bounty, token earned will not relate to Bitcointalk rank.
Socioman

Activity: 224

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 12:40:50 PM

Inform his nickname on the form. The community will decide how to be with him Smiley But, there is one nuance. Did the person intentionally use your name or was it an accident? You also need to immediately report to the bounty manager.

Fokl

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:48:43 PM

I've always had a feeling of contempt for the faces that allow fraud.In this case, you need to inform the Manager of bounty and monitor the process of truth restoration. I think that in your case people could just make a mistake when filling out the form, it happens often, especially when you have to fill in late in the night.
bananadines

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:49:03 PM

Yeah in the last 2-3 months the scammers here in bitcointalk are hot to use someoney Telegram, Bitcointalk or Twitter name because they wanna make some quick bucks with more accounts. Report that guy and it should be fine.
philad220

Activity: 187

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:56:11 PM

This is not fair!
I think the best thing you can do if you really  want to take part in the bounty is to inform the bounty manager and possibly the ICO devs team via their forum, to change the particulars for you and ban the scammer completely.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:07:06 PM

I also just saw someone use my name and all to join a signature campaign:

2/24/2018 22:29:31   qiwoman2   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=340890;sa=summary   Legendary Member   8350   tahhapala@gmail.com   0xbA9d2f46F2cBF465a97C4E054AF24d0e57ec80B4   Rejected                           

Thank GOD THE IDIOT got rejected but now we have new kinds of scammers entering the bounty scene and it's really getting to be so pathetic now. Why don't these motherf8ckers go work like we do and do an honest day's work instead of stealing our identities that we have taken so much time and effort to build on this forum to use it to their own ends and then you wonder why BOUNTIES now a lot f them require KYC. With a shit ton of cheaters can you blame them introducing KYC?  Cry

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
PadenoM

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:18:44 PM

Is this someone used your Wallet as well, if yes it is a good news, joke aside, you should report it to the bounty manager, he will help
cryptonoob312

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:25:16 PM

I think you gotta tell your issue to bounty manager. If you're lucky and manager will turn to be a good guy, he will help to figure it out. But he also can say that now it's too late and there's nothing he can do.
airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:31:37 PM

Reporting it to the Bounty Manger would solve the issue and end the cheater's deceitful way of participating a campaign using someone else's credentials. This is also one of the job of Bounty Manager to see to it that every participant he/she have on the spreadsheet are all true and legit.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
Stimah22

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:36:41 PM

This is a very bad act, bounties hunter do this alot to accumulate more gain in any bounty, as many people have already said, just report the issue to the bounty manager, am sure they will find appropriate solutions to the problem.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: