Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:57:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bought lots of coins before knowing what they do... what do i do now?  (Read 392 times)
abduljacklu

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:24:17 PM

You should find out which of your coins are for long term,if you find none you should dump these shitcoins because they wont have any imporvements in the near future,focus in research so you wont be investing to these shitcoins,move on and find a better way so you could recover from the big losses that you have,nothing is impossible you just need to have  perfect coin in a perfect time.

Fedrey

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:42:37 PM

You should find out which of your coins are for long term,if you find none you should dump these shitcoins because they wont have any imporvements in the near future,focus in research so you wont be investing to these shitcoins,move on and find a better way so you could recover from the big losses that you have,nothing is impossible you just need to have  perfect coin in a perfect time.
I think this advice is very simple, but nobody knows how to choose this coin. At least for an investor you need to have a good database and knowledge to navigate in one direction or another, regarding the quality of the project you choose.
Sartrute

Activity: 522
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:44:10 PM

Hi all! when i just got into crypto, it was december and i was a noob.. i made the mistake of buying lots of coins as per my friend's recommendation and i put my entire life savings in.. as per my friends' recommendation too. it turns out he was a really bad friend and gave me all the wrong advice to watch me crash and burn.. now my profile is more red than ever. Since then, i have focused all my free time on trying to learn and share what i have learnt with the community. right now, i m pretty much stuck with a -80% portfolio.. What do i do??? =( while i have made progress in my knowledge in crpyto, my portfolio is set in stone.... and getting more and more red as the days go by
You made almost all the beginner's mistakes. You can not listen to anyone, you have to do your own research and invest only when you understand in what and why you do it. Now that you have some knowledge, you can choose undervalued coins and invest in them. And most importantly - if you can never sell less than buy.

cryptocatanalytics.com (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:41:04 PM

I was once rekt by these habit,after my portfolio lose a lot of money i immediately got recover from about 2months because i did research which coin could save my bleeding porfolio luckily after spending a lot of time of research i have found several coins that i have invested with,and immediately covered up my losses in just 2months.We have learned our lessons in a bad way ,you just need to be pick with your coin investments so wont lose a lot of money.
wow u are amazing! teach me senpai! what coins do u hold? its been three months for me and... =\
snowbubble

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:55:07 PM

I think you should research your coins and get rid of total weak one, and hodl strong ones, and in future do more research before buying.
GFE

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:58:42 PM

Hi all! when i just got into crypto, it was december and i was a noob.. i made the mistake of buying lots of coins as per my friend's recommendation and i put my entire life savings in.. as per my friends' recommendation too. it turns out he was a really bad friend and gave me all the wrong advice to watch me crash and burn.. now my profile is more red than ever. Since then, i have focused all my free time on trying to learn and share what i have learnt with the community. right now, i m pretty much stuck with a -80% portfolio.. What do i do??? =( while i have made progress in my knowledge in crpyto, my portfolio is set in stone.... and getting more and more red as the days go by

My advice is hold all your coins till the next pump at least. I think that total criptocurrency capitalization will be more than 1 trillion $ this year

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
dotz5

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:11:51 PM

A negative 80% portfolio is seriously bad. I would hold and ignore these coins for now because i think it is too late to cut losses now. Since now you have a better knowledge in cryptocurrency, i hope that you would make a better progress and reduced your losses soon. Take this as an experience and make better trading in the near future.
tresbien21

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:35:34 PM

I'm very sorry to hear what happened to you.
I think that your best option right now for you is to sell your bad coins and invest in coins with potential.
Also, you can start participating in bounty campaigns to earn some risk free coins.
Greenw87dpecker

Activity: 152
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:44:03 PM

First, do not give in to panic! I see you're handling this.
You can swap your failed coins for more promising ones. In addition, do not forget to note that the last 2 months there was a deep correction, maybe some coins will show a good growth in the second half of the year. Keep that in mind.

❐ COINECT   ❐ 
█████  AI-based decentralized   █████
arbitrage trading system
sazon84

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:45:08 PM

It was when I saw people like you that I decided that I would never call for anyone into a cryptocurrency.  Because now you shift responsibility for your money to your friend and remove it from yourself.  Although, if not for him, you would still not know anything about the crypto currency.  The market for cryptocurrency is unpredictable, and no one is to blame for the fact that your portfolio is now red.  This situation is now almost everyone.  But the market will still grow.

ETERBASE             Europe's Premier             ETERBASE
——————  Digital Asset Exchange  ——————
  Whitepaper    Telegram Twitter Discord      Announce 
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:15:38 AM

Now we need to wait for so many coins fell heavily in price. But for the future, you must learn to analyze the perspective of your investments independently, and not trust other people's recommendations.
sunX3

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 07:18:47 AM

My advice is hold all your coins till the next pump at least. I think that total criptocurrency capitalization will be more than 1 trillion $ this year

Yah might as well continue hodling at this point, not a lot you can do especially in all red.

Better than losing your money altogether.
HaFiiSs

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:41:28 AM

Its not actually a bad idea. But the bad thing you do is buy coins because your friend recommends it. First of all you should not buy coins with small amount knowlege on it. In your case you didnt do some research before investing. But mistakes are done so we should focus how to do the right things. You should not do panic selling, sell your coins if you can profit. Dont rush your decision and keep holding until you get profit. Dont lose hope and start to believe that there will be a bright future for your coins.
Ineedtopee

Activity: 97

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:19:12 PM

You need to be more careful when buying coins, good to know that you are educating yourself but now there really is nothing that you can do other than wait out the market like the rest of us. I'm sure that by now you must have figured out that if you want your money back then you are going to have to be willing to wait a couple of years for it to get better.
CaMeRoNy

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:40:16 PM

In this situation, we can only keep and hope that the cryptocurrency market will ever recover. It is already the ninth month of this year, and the market is still at the bottom.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: