Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:23:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Received An Email From MyEtherWallet  (Read 1212 times)
yomarve (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 02:36:03 PM

I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

Interestingly you don't create MEW wallets using email addresses.

Guys be careful and be vigilant.

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Haley craft

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:43:15 PM

It's just a scam.
There have been too many scams lately, and I've often seen twitter and telegram seeing EOS and various tokens Airdrop, but these are all scams.

QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:45:53 PM

I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

I have received it as well, seems like emails are getting sold by ico and airdrop managers.
BUSTEDCLUB

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:50:29 PM

Myetherwallet or etherdelta will never emailed you about airdrops or aany other thing, thats just a phising attemps so you give them your private key or something like it and you end up losing money.
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 02:53:46 PM

Which is why we should never click on any link sent via our email. Especially those which will direct us to our wallets. Phishing links are common strategies by hackers to retrieve any private keys or codes to have access to our accounts. You are correct, vigilance is required in this kind of system.

Naman1111

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:55:54 PM

HAHA its a scam. I have seen so many scams. Scam emails, scam twitter comments, scam telegram bots. Its just so crazy. Looks like the World is full esy to make money. These hurting the newbies and making them believe the whole crypto ecosystem is useless. People get hurt , they move out of the market and become hesistant to come back. There shoiul be some kind of legal recourse to this. Dont know the solution but yes there should be some.
anjohyx

Activity: 451

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:58:43 PM

Don't click any link from email , it's just a phishing link and want to steal your private key, I recommend you don't do it anymore , you'll lose your fund in one day just because of mistake, ignored anything and bookmark myetherwallet website, double check Url before access your account

Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:01:59 PM

It is just another scam by evil doers! Check the website of myetherwallet very well and see if there is MYETHERWALLET LLC [US] before you enter your private address. Stay vigilant and protect your coins.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:03:31 PM

Never use a hyperlink to login to a website, or to enter any of your personal credentials. These phishing attempts are in abundance in the crypto community. The scam relies on social engineering and basic human psychology to outwit a person by finessing them into forking over their own information.

Stay safe brothers and sisters!

torotot

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:03:46 PM

I thought email is unseen but how come that MyEtherWallet send an email to you. Maybe their are people behind this because it is impossible to know ones email if it is in hide settings. This is clear scam, either scam, clear scam.  Smiley
Be careful.
jondel

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:05:31 PM

bookmark your important sites (wallet, online account, etc) and always visit your sites from your bookmark. Never click a link from email.
Master Third

Activity: 161

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:48:13 PM

Never trust any messages claiming as something related to myetherwallet, this kind of practices is a way of scammers to have an access in your account. They will do anything just to scam as many as they can. You can watch  on YouTube to know more about their ways and you will be aware. You can also ask a question about the email in their social media sites to confirm about any suspicious matter. Stay safe from any scammers.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:53:56 PM

Thank you for the alert, I hope people stay alert and there won’t be victims falling for this scam.

I thought email is unseen but how come that MyEtherWallet send an email to you. Maybe their are people behind this because it is impossible to know ones email if it is in hide settings. This is clear scam, either scam, clear scam.  Smiley
Be careful.

We don’t give email to myetherwallet. If you do, it is advisable to recheck the website you are accessing. Stay safe.
hannahB4

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:56:51 PM

I have never received such message and I was amazed seeing your subject. Thanks for the eye opening will take note of this, found this useful.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:02:53 PM

Thanks a lot for the message, but I do not even look at all these messages, if something new appears, they immediately write to Twitter, so probably it's better not to climb in the mail, the risk of phishing is very high.
bastian466

Activity: 1302
Merit: 250

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:04:53 PM

I also accept it but I am afraid to open the link in the send I think it is just a mail trick to do better fraud just ignore do not ever get caught be careful

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:05:30 PM

As far as i know you arent required to put an email address when you are creating new wallet at myetherwallet.com which makes your stament doubtful,you should be doing researching before you do anything in the cryptocurrency universe because theres a lot of phishing and fake sites out there who wants to steal your investments,that is clearly a scam website if they have required you to put your email address.

eidoscore

Activity: 723
Merit: 106

STABILA [STB] - Decentralize The Financial System

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 05:08:06 PM

never rspond any email from MEW or etc, just ignore it, i receive many mail from MEW and just ignore, that a scam or phising site

Hagfors

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:09:27 PM

I got one from mywalletether.com, probably trying to pretend to be myetherwallet. Mail asked me to upload my provate keys due to some kind of fork and what not. Not falling for that.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:09:40 PM

That's one reason, you must always install metamask. I do received the email too, and I was 100% sure that its just another scam.

Now, I was on a linux workstation with all addons and flash off except metmask, I still clicked on the link to check it out of curiosity, but metamask marked it already as a phishing website.

It shows how good metamask is  specially for newbies who do not understand or are unaware of these scams.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: