Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:26:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's a good deal in USD for a 5870?  (Read 1061 times)
Immuzikation (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 07:30:05 PM

just guaging... any insight appreciated.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mike678

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 07:32:55 PM

A couple weeks ago you could pick one up for 189 that put it basically on the same level as a 5830 at 110 in megahash and it already beat the 5830 in electricity usage. If you can pick one up at around 189 you did good.
gfaust

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 07:48:30 PM

I've found a few used on ebay for $180 or so... seems like they're selling for more than that right now.
mike678

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 07:59:48 PM

I've found a few used on ebay for $180 or so... seems like they're selling for more than that right now.
Not sure if I would be willing to trust a used card from ebay for 180. I feel like the chances of the card breaking are much higher. I would need an amazing deal to make me reconsider my stance.
Morebitcoinsplease

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 08:12:04 PM

Not sure if I would be willing to trust a used card from ebay for 180. I feel like the chances of the card breaking are much higher. I would need an amazing deal to make me reconsider my stance.

Buying video cards off Ebay is a hit or miss, I bought several of my 5970's on Ebay and they all work but some of them have artifacts even on stock settings but they work for mining but for gaming forget about it, clear signs of over-heating.

So I don't know about the cards breaking down or failing but definitively you might get some that have artifacts.

Also most cards on Ebay, have no refunds / returns, so I am just glad when I get the card it works and is not a DOA.
xurious

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 03:21:18 AM

Also most cards on Ebay, have no refunds / returns, so I am just glad when I get the card it works and is not a DOA.

Anyone using ebay who finds card where they won't offer a DOA should just let these be. It's sketchy as it is. I've been on both sides of the fence, I'd much prefer to do a face to face. I've picked up 4 5870's within an hour distance of me on craigslist. First, I know where the guy lives. IF something fishy happens, I can come back and either grief them to hell, or ask for some help in getting it RMA'd. Most people are much nicer when faced in person.

SiaMining.com -- First PPS SiaMining Pool! 3%, VarDiff, Stratum Support
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: