Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:00:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Private key is not safe  (Read 722 times)
Lindell

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 02:06:18 PM

You may have overlooked the wrong website, 1 letter wrong then all is absolutely wrong. So I keep in bookmark the right MEW website.
nelmari

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:52:30 PM

The private keys are safe but the website you logged in to maybe was a phishing site that's why the hacker got your information and took all your coins and tokens from you MEW account. That there is not safe. You have to bookmark the correct website and make sure before you log in that it is the correct one.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:13:20 PM

Private key are not safe these days. I've had this experience.

Private keys perfect safe one. You can able to check richest bitcoin address also with the blockchain explorer but none of hacker cannot do shit to that wallet because encryption with the private key much safer than your bank locker.

If you say private key is not safe means you are good at using the bitcoin wallet as well. Go to beginners and help for learning all the basics about bitcoin and wallet usage.
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:40:20 PM

Private key is safe as long as you store it in a safe. A good safe box, not a cheap one.
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:23:53 PM

Nobody can hack your private keys. The hackers wont get your private key unless you give them. I suggest you to get a pendrive and store your passwords and private keys in that. Also dont give your private keys to anyone and allow your trusted buddies to use  your laptop or pc. Also dont try to open your wallets from internet cafes. Its not safe.
jemarie20

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:42:15 AM

I'm hacked victim,I used my etherwallet to received my assets..but why hacker know my pivate key? Hacker is sent ethereum into my wallet and used as a gas to get all my coins..how it all happened  guys.?

Maybe you put your private key in the place that are able to see by the public, Maybe you put your private key instead of eth address that is why you wallet is not safe anymore.

[Frederick]

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:53:13 PM

I remember the last I visited is AIRDROP.I joined 3 AIRDROP I used myetherwallet..then i send ethereum from spectrocoin wallet then I sleep..when I checked after other day I saw my ethereum Bal was 0.then I checked eetherscan transaction I saw all my coins are out..😭
You sent your ethereum from your spectrocoin wallet so how much ETH you are about to receive?

Are you sure that the transaction from spectrocoin is of a success? Your wallet has been sucked out by those hackers and what are those airdrops required you to do so?

What are those 3 airdrops?

Yes, I do love also to know them, posting the ETH which was your wallet sent this token can be a helpful info on this forum to track down this person, maybe he has an account here and at least mentioned this three coins for other to know not join any future transaction with its team members.
boss1dg

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:21:42 AM

most of times it happen either bcoz of entering you key on phishing site or sharing it for airdrop .
better to use metamask for safe transaction .

btcyoda

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:31:31 AM

The private keys are safe but the website you logged in to maybe was a phishing site that's why the hacker got your information and took all your coins and tokens from you MEW account. That there is not safe. You have to bookmark the correct website and make sure before you log in that it is the correct one.

Yes, you are right private key is always safe and cannot able to hack the private key, it is possible through different MEW links. That's why we have to check the links whether it is phishing email or correct by checking it multiple times.
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:33:24 PM

Private key is safe as long as you store it in a safe. A good safe box, not a cheap one.
No need to buy safe to store private keys, you can use trezor or ledger nano.
In case of paper wallet just hide it somewhere, if anyone will ever rob you there is very slim chance that the robber will know what is private key.
ololajulo

Activity: 2240
Merit: 270

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:49:03 PM

The recent hack does not require the private keys, sometimes it could go beyond the familiar password theft. However, the password safety precaution has been a regular discuss on this forum. This are reasons why this forum was established to educate ourself on new development in the crypto community. There can still be some exception with how hacking can take place but not where safety precautions are followed.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:44:16 AM

Do you share your private key to someone else? if that not, you are a victim phishing web. To get into a MEW account is hard for someone, private key is a complicated number that no one can memorize. And this possibility is not because of private key.

Now cryptocurrency has become popular. Many new people are interested in investing in cryptocurrency because they are confident of getting rich in the near future. This is what causes hackers to maximize and focus on stealing profits in cryptocurrency. I have read some news, someone who lost a lot of ethereum on MEW account, and after searching for him logged in at the fake MEW site hacked by hackers. This is called phishing web, a hacker makes a site fake to steal prikey and even the investment we have.
besun

Activity: 75

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:26:55 AM

i use metamask -> no problem  Grin Grin

devtev
review

madjpm

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:24:22 PM

For your main ethereum account never store your private address on an hard drive. Print it on PAPER and store it in a safe place !!!
onepiece1995

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:23:25 PM

I'm hacked victim,I used my etherwallet to received my assets..but why hacker know my pivate key? Hacker is sent ethereum into my wallet and used as a gas to get all my coins..how it all happened  guys.?

maybe you have accidentally clicked the address of fishing. and after that whatever you do has been recorded in her web. so he can know the activities you do. you better make a new eth wallet.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:07:04 PM

If you are a keeper and very meticulous to every security measures you should've double check your computer first before doing any trade. Sometimes the fault are in the users and not in the program that we are using because if i am the developer i would do everything to protect the information of all of my clients but then again i can't do it all alone without the help of my client. It is your own responsibility to take counter measures to your personal information specially when it involves money.

Tugsukana

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:11:14 PM

private key is safe bro dont get involve to others who is talking his private ket got hack.. just stay and calm bro
akihiko

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:13:15 PM

Either way bro. Im sorry for your loss. Try complaining it to the admin. Maybe they can help you
betece777

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:37:30 PM

I have never experienced anything like this
you may enter in myetherwallet with private key not with keystore / json file
the matter of my friend once said too dangerous if we login in myetherwallet with private key
different from keystore / json files that are guaranteed security
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:15:37 PM

Nobody can hack your private keys. The hackers wont get your private key unless you give them. I suggest you to get a pendrive and store your passwords and private keys in that. Also dont give your private keys to anyone and allow your trusted buddies to use  your laptop or pc. Also dont try to open your wallets from internet cafes. Its not safe.

Some people claim quamtum computing will make your sentence wrong. But as far as we know today it is rather impossible indeed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: