Bitcoin Forum
August 08, 2024, 10:46:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what’s the point of buying in ICOs if you could buy them cheaper on the Exchange  (Read 140 times)
Jitra (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

Professional Translator (Malaysian Language)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 06:18:13 PM

I have participated in several “hot” ICOs in the past couple of months, but most of these ICOs are cheaper than the crowdsale price once listed on the exchange.  Even if you factor in the discounts or participatio in pre-sale or pre-ICO.  Some of the examples are Detherwallet (DTH), Medatoken (MTN), DADI, NeuroToken etc.  Even with the free bounties I’m still in the red after listing.  I could’ve bought any of these tokens directly from the exchange instead of participating in ICO.  Anyone else experienced this or feel the same way?  Any thoughts?

csr.INPACTOR.com  ◁|▌ A NEW HUMANITARIAN ECOSYSTEM ▐|▷  theINCITEMENT.com
■■■■■■■■■■■■■   POWERED BY CSR Tokens   ■■■■■■■■■■■■■
rodalutor

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:20:44 PM

I have participated in several “hot” ICOs in the past couple of months, but most of these ICOs are cheaper than the crowdsale price once listed on the exchange.  Even if you factor in the discounts or participatio in pre-sale or pre-ICO.  Some of the examples are Detherwallet (DTH), Medatoken (MTN), DADI, NeuroToken etc.  Even with the free bounties I’m still in the red after listing.  I could’ve bought any of these tokens directly from the exchange instead of participating in ICO.  Anyone else experienced this or feel the same way?  Any thoughts?

The point is that you hope to buy the ICOs that don't ever dip below ICO price. There are plenty of them about. You either need a better selection process or if not just do as you said and start buying once they hit the exchange.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
duke7

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:22:38 PM

It depends on the ICO, and the market sentiment. These days people is not buying, they are selling. Money is not entering and most coins go down. It depends on the ICO too. Some ICOs will get dumped if token metrics were not good, if big discounts or project not very promising long term.
totnaksquad

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:22:42 PM

I have participated in several “hot” ICOs in the past couple of months, but most of these ICOs are cheaper than the crowdsale price once listed on the exchange.  Even if you factor in the discounts or participatio in pre-sale or pre-ICO.  Some of the examples are Detherwallet (DTH), Medatoken (MTN), DADI, NeuroToken etc.  Even with the free bounties I’m still in the red after listing.  I could’ve bought any of these tokens directly from the exchange instead of participating in ICO.  Anyone else experienced this or feel the same way?  Any thoughts?
Most of the people doesnt know how much money you can earn joining these ICOs because the private sales and pre-ICOs sales will give the most discount from these tokens,the reds will depends on the bitcoin's price movements because if bitcoin's market is failing all of these altcoins will bleed,that is the risk but if you really have done research and you are confident with the project,you shouldnt be worried.Joining ICOs doesnt mean that you are making a lof of money after you receive tokens ,you need wait for the developers to give the full potentials of these projects.

ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:24:12 PM

You are never sure if it will dump, but most likely many do. From investing perspective well you simply guarantee yourself to get those tokens and those prices by helping the dev team with crowdfunding. Other than that there is not much to it if you ask me.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:40:55 PM

By looking at the other side, there is also chances that you won't able to purchase it on cheap price.

How can we know that a certain token will become cheap once it was listed? There are hyped projects that just touched their ICO price for short period and now enjoying above ICO price.

You must understand that once you invest on ICO, you are already at risks on losing. Also don't just invest easily and create a criteria. No one knows the future token price so better understand the risks of investing on ICOS.
aintnopassincraze

Activity: 233
Merit: 106

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:43:09 PM

Not only have I experienced that and felt the same way, it is the reason I don't want to get involved in an ICO anymore. Sure there may be an outlier which you get lucky on, but majority of ICOs dip below and knowing that you can either scoop them on exchange cheaper, or never bother to begin with. (I prefer the latter now but if you really like it go with the former).

Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:43:44 PM

Because there are some ico that ended up successful, with pre-sale's bonus you can buy a large sums of coins for a cheaper price. Imagine when you both the token below ICO price then it went successful and booming and increases price rapidly you think you can buy that coin in the exchange cheaper? No. Thus many people still investing to an ICO.
JinCrypts

Activity: 170

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:48:43 PM

Because you'll get BIG PROFIT when they ended up successful, when i say BIG its literally xx. To be able to buy a coin with bonuses then ended up success it will guarantee that you'll earn back your capital with so much profit within it. But not all ico's are getting successful there were cases that it is a scam, or it is failed, it's a matter of research on what ICO is good to invest with.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 07:04:29 PM

There are ICO projects that offer large discounts first, and the appearance of tokens of such projects in the market they first slightly fall in price due to the increase in supply, but they quickly gain their value. For such projects, it is still better to buy their tokens in the first days of their sale even at the project stage. Some tokens fall sharply in price as soon as they get to the market and buy them best on the stock exchange. However, almost no one can say unambiguously which project will be successful, and which one is not. If you are confident in the project, then it is better to invest at the stage of ICO, and if there is no certainty, then it is better to expect their appearance on the stock exchange.
jimbo2000

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:09:24 PM

Many ICOs now aren't going above ICO price and there's a skill in identifying which ones will and which won't. If you feel that it won't then don't buy in ICO, there's no value in doing so. ICOs aren't as popular as previously and that's why this is becoming more common.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:12:41 PM

I have participated in several “hot” ICOs in the past couple of months, but most of these ICOs are cheaper than the crowdsale price once listed on the exchange.  Even if you factor in the discounts or participatio in pre-sale or pre-ICO.  Some of the examples are Detherwallet (DTH), Medatoken (MTN), DADI, NeuroToken etc.  Even with the free bounties I’m still in the red after listing.  I could’ve bought any of these tokens directly from the exchange instead of participating in ICO.  Anyone else experienced this or feel the same way?  Any thoughts?

As if you will already know that they will become cheaper on exchange??

Maybe on your ICO experience, it doesn't turned out well but there are times that it's more way cheaper during ICO period compare to their price when they hitted exchanges.

Now with your experience like that and trying to test your thoughts, you need to add some funds, funds for investing during ICO period and funds for desired cheaper once it hit exchange. Up to you what's the best thing to do and you might want to do it on actual to see the result.
habaratbu

Activity: 174

Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:14:53 PM

These ICO investors just dont want to miss any opportunity private sale and pre-ICO sales are the most perfect time to acquire these tokens in cheap prices,they believed in the project so much because sometimes you wont have any chance to get these tokens when it got listed in the exchanges because the prices might be trippled already,it is really depends on how much risk you want to take.

dasha_buka

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:15:58 PM

Just not always possible to buy cheaper , sometimes on early purchases offer bonuses , so I think it's more profitable . But not in all cases
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:18:02 PM

Although the price may dip after a token is released, you have to also factor in how difficult it might be to obtain these coins, because they don't get listed on exchanges immediately. Some ICOs especially have very cheap prices at the very beginning of an ICO, so purchasing at the beginning is way cheaper than buying on the exchange.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: