Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:07:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC - Passports and documents for sale on Dark Web  (Read 624 times)
habaratbu

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:29:30 PM

Well expect worst because your IDs might be compromised this is the main reason why i am avoiding these ICOs that requires KYC verifications ,your IDs might be sold to cindicates or worst might be used to illegal activities and you will be suprised you are facing criminal charges.The best thing to do is to avaoid these ICOs because you can buy these tokens when they are listed in the exchanges.

GhostOfWar

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:33:03 PM

I think this is only done by frivolous companies, Scam projects ... I do not think that good  companies will sell scanned documents on a darknet, thereby undermining their reputation. After all, we know that if this happens, the society will find out in the end which company did it.
Siryosow

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:34:17 PM

There has been a huge influx of passport available for sale on the Dark Web.

Also have seen posts where people are being accused of double entry into ICO's because the scammers used their passport information prior to them getting signed up. 

So bad. Meaning, joining in kyc with asking your passport and some information is not a good idea. Hopefully there will changes for that to secure the identity of the participants.
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:36:53 PM

Oh what... The people can buy Passports and documents to make their KYC? Thats really crazy and it is not good for ICOs that have a KYC to invest in... I think it is not good to participate with wrong documents...
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:39:48 PM

I am sure that this is the case, because there are so many projects that simply merge your data into the network, so I would not go through the procedure of KYC, because it completely contradicts the laws on personal information.
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 04:40:07 PM

Also have seen posts where people are being accused of double entry into ICO's because the scammers used their passport information prior to them getting signed up. 

That's why I am so hesitant to join any ICO's with KYC. Because someone might used my identity to scammed people. I'm always careful on giving my personal information when joining other projects.
Zickafa

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 04:41:04 PM

The thought of this itself is so scary. Shocked
Vik_the_Carpentner

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:49:46 PM

That was predictable, with all that KYC things ... people doesn't want to share their own IDs so they're paying for somebodys' else.

DENARO.IO   》   CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   PRE-ICO STARTS JAN 30,2018   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
joselitobayagbag

Activity: 231

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:51:05 PM

There will always be consequences with these actions that is why we should be prepare for the worst case scenario,this is just the start of all the negative things with the KYC verifications,we should be vigillant to all the things we are doing here because not all the people would be use this privilege in good things,stay away or face the consequences like this one.

mikeey89

Activity: 129
Merit: 11

Blockchain enthusiast

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:51:53 PM

This is something I have always been worried about. I never uploads my passport anywhere, but uses my Driver's license instead. I am also insured against identity theft and recommend you doing the same.
loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:53:24 PM

Crypto sphere should be anonymous and safety. When bounty requests Kyc registration it's a bad sign for me.
YajairaSN

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:59:57 PM

Is this really possible? How can a real person find their passports in dark net, which they didn't send there and how to deal with it?
All around are scammers, no one wants to earn their crypto honestly!
sycaburatan

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:00:43 PM

There are two reasons why your IDs are in the darkweb,one the KYC database were leak two it was sold to the darkweb intentionally.This is the main reason i am avoiding such projects because my privacy is my first concern of using the crypotucurrencies.You shouldnt be joining any of these ICOs because the tokens will be available in public when it gets listed in exchanges.

aurorabitcoin.96

Activity: 210

Never DO AIRDROPS

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:04:15 PM

You can prevent this from happening by not joining any of these ICOs that will require you to undergo KYC processes because i dont think this is really necessary we are a decentralized community and we dont need to give our identity to these people because bitcoin's aim is to eliminate these type of centralization,your identity might be stolen like what happened to these people so be careful.
But the main issues is ICO Project can suddenly ask for your KYC and paly with your coins.
No KYC = No Tokens, Give KYC = Your data leaked.
I think KYC destroy our anonimity.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
wuclx

Activity: 447
Merit: 153

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:04:24 PM

Does anyone know of concrete projects which are known to have sold IDs? I usually only do KYC on exchanges, and only the bigger ones. Exception was the Polymath airdrop.
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:15:38 PM

That's very sad to hear.I hope mine isn't out there Sad .Between if anyone can tell me how to check if my info is available on dark wen it would be helpful, although I am afraid if I would give my identity while trying to search for it in dark web (confused  Huh)
Not just ICO's now even some bounties are asking for KYC's Sad

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
cryptamod

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:23:52 PM

This is insane,my ID might be there two because i am joining these KYC ICOs because for the reason of the cheap token prices,the others are right u shoulda wait these tokens to get listed on exchanges so my privacy wont be compromised by these people.A lot of people here are doing a lot of cheating to get a lot of profits even the other's security will be put to risk.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
$ta81

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:30:42 PM

At the moment, KYC has not passed, and I'm not going to. States before their submission had to properly adjust everything. They wanted to introduce KYC because they began to fear that so much money passes before them and no one pays them any taxes. All data must be encrypted and protected. IP address, passwords, country, phone and I need to know at any time who asked for my data. This, in the first place, should have been done.
cryptotitan

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:42:24 PM

This is very alarming because if you have joined any KYC from the past your IDs might been sold to the darkweb which most of the illegal things and people can be found.To avoid such things we shouldnt join any of these ICOs because im sure if these projects are really worthy investments they will be listed to the exchanges pretty past and we could obtain these coins without any KYC verification,

mangkanor

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:47:57 PM

This is very alarming especially to those people who joined these ICO KYC verifications from the past,this will be the warning to all of us,we shouldnt be trusting anyone with our identification cards because it might be sold as what happened from some people,the worst it might be put into cindicates in the deepweb which could have used to criminal offenses.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: