Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:03:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC - Passports and documents for sale on Dark Web  (Read 624 times)
cxt07

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:52:21 PM

Another income source for scammers,  unless regulation comes in the crypto world will continue to have a dark cloud over its head from the people with bad intentions.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptodrei

Activity: 207
Merit: 10

The future is your Genome

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:54:38 PM

This is scares me a lot because i have joined most of the KYC Verifications from the past,my id could have been used to illegal activities and what should i do now?my privacy would be compromised right now and there is nothing i can do.I suggest to those people who are planning to join these KYC should be more careful because we dont know these people who are conducting KYCs ,and they might be working into some cindicates in the darkweb.

nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:59:36 PM

That's pretty possible because lots of ico are scam, if they collected information for kyc, they can sold it on dark web as well. This is why giving your personal information to every ico is very risky.

makuhpal

Activity: 256

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:01:01 PM

We need to stop the KYC verifications and the bounty manager should agree this is the worst thing that these people can do,selling our IDs in the darkweb is worst than leaking it with the hackers.Our privacy is the most important thing,most of the people are privact concerned so we need to take some action so these people wont have chance to to this type of identity theft.

bratbu

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:10:10 PM

Scammer are all around,this is only means that KYC verification shouldnt be required to all of us because it will risk our identity and privacy.You dont want your IDs be used in criminal activities because you might face a lot of civil cases because someone has got into your identification cards.We should stop joining these KYC verification so that these people wont have anything to sell in the darkweb.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
TelegramFacebookwww.casperproject.ioGithubTwitterANN
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:12:39 PM

this is one of the reason i do not support KYC verification in the first place. only a dump investor will give his/her document willingly to some faceless people on the internet. the world is going crazy everyday and it is very unsafe to live a reckless life of which giving document for KYC is one of it. many of this documents are being sold out by hungary project members after the token sales end. So investors should avoid being fall a victim.
ac2eugenio

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:15:34 PM

This is just a tip of the iceberg once these people used our IDs into wrong doings such as criminal offenses we are done.Our private life could ruined by this verification so to prevent this from happening from most of the people in our community,we shouldnt join any of these ICOs because we can still aquire these tokens when it is already listed in exchanges.
InGODweTrast3

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:17:32 PM

In campaigns bounty you should try not to give your data and not transfer KYC, but, unfortunately, some projects put us before the fact - you want to get money, do KYC
Sanderion

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:21:50 PM

This is very alarming because if you have joined any KYC from the past your IDs might been sold to the darkweb which most of the illegal things and people can be found.To avoid such things we shouldnt join any of these ICOs because im sure if these projects are really worthy investments they will be listed to the exchanges pretty past and we could obtain these coins without any KYC verification,

And what about KYC on exghanges? Wink In the near future you should pass KYC on every big exchange. May be DEX could solve that problem.

Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:22:07 PM

I never gave my data because my instinct said to me that it's not a good idea, and it seems that it was right.
KYC has a meaning when is used by trusted institution.
Otherwise, you never how your data (and passport scan!) could be utilized by bad guys.

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
BattleZeo

Activity: 350

Global loyalty & rewards

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:22:37 PM

Let them have some fake useless ID information which noone can benefit of. You can falsify almost any of the data. The more concerning to me are those mail list and pshycic attempts which scam every ICO.
I think that using the service is rather insecure because of the risk of blocking your account. It is better to find out from friends.

yareklamator

Activity: 154

Magic is real

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:30:58 PM

I read in a telegram a month ago that the dude almost cried when he told the admin that his documents had been rejected because "You are already a participant of our ICO." I do not know how it ended, since they went into personal correspondence. But I was shocked. After all, I myself sent my documents to many ICOs. Sad
Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:51:46 PM

I though of it before, but didn't know that scammers already use such scheme. Everyone who joins ICO, risks to get into such situation and it's really awfull. I hope that ICOs will find a common solution for KYC like Bitcoin Suisse, otherwise it's becoming more and more threatening.

pedropendukot

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:05:44 PM

This is really annoying because peole had been warned from the past on how these KYC could destroy our privacy but people still joined these ICOs,this is just one of the consequences of sending your IDs to random people just to get big discounts with these tokens that you can have when these projects has been accepted in exchanges.

ronbt

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:08:18 PM

This is very alarming because if you have joined any KYC from the past your IDs might been sold to the darkweb which most of the illegal things and people can be found.To avoid such things we shouldnt join any of these ICOs because im sure if these projects are really worthy investments they will be listed to the exchanges pretty past and we could obtain these coins without any KYC verification,
Yes, but there would be no coins to obtain since the ico would fail because nobody invested fearing the KYC. What I really do not get is why is KYC needed for airdrops where there are no investors.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:08:55 PM

Although there are not articles, it doesn't surprise me at all that this is the case. People who have no idea how trustable an ICO is upload their passports without hesitating, which makes simply no sense to me. I'd be really careful about any personal information online.
The appearance of copies of passports on the Internet should finally stop the practice of ICO companies to require identification data and copies of passports to signatory campaign participants. I am absolutely sure that the presentation of such requirements is a personal initiative of ICO companies, because the regulatory bodies require that only those who invest their money in order to prevent money laundering received by criminal means pass the KYC test. Moreover, such a check is made after the end of the ICO for the purpose of not paying earned tokens to those who refuse to provide this data.
cryptopuma

Activity: 202

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:57:16 PM

This KYC thing could destroy everyone's privacy because of the leaks that happened,or they have sold our IDs into the darkweb so they can few extra bucks.This is the reason why i dont want to join any KYC ICOs even if they have good projects because i can acquire these tokens when it got listed in exchanges.

slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:00:22 PM

Some ico programs to avoid users from specific countries where ban on ico is imposed has come up with the plan of imposing KYC. This is not that compulsory with every ico and I don't think they've requested to submit documents such as passport and all.
pooh95

Activity: 588
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:05:12 PM

Many ICO are scammers. I do not like sending my documents to people I do not know anything about. I think it's better to stay without tokens or your documents will be sold on the dark market
CuteBaby123

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:09:34 PM

There has been a huge influx of passport available for sale on the Dark Web.

Also have seen posts where people are being accused of double entry into ICO's because the scammers used their passport information prior to them getting signed up. 

This is worrying situation. KYC is good if the ICO is also legit, however, there are many ICOs that are scam and our information is at risks. These scammers will use the information just to be registered also in other ICO. This thing is really dangerous and must be given attention.

[ GDP ] GOODS DIGITAL PASSPORT
Make Counterfeiting Goods Impossible (https://gdpassport.com/)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: