Bitcoin Forum
June 11, 2024, 07:26:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to explain BitCoin to someone who is not tech-savvy?  (Read 316 times)
geula4x (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:12:55 PM

How would you explain what BitCoin is to someone that is not tech-savvy?
Please share your ideas here.
SuperD007

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:25:38 PM

Best idea would be to find a good basic explanation on youtube and send them the link.

I'm sure there should be a few good non-technical videos on Youtube
Mega-tron01

Activity: 88

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:44:57 PM

You can ask every tech-savy in any discussions here in bitcoin. Moreover, theres a 10 meetings in bitcoin that includes how Bitcoin works. Also, you can search for youtube tutorials that will explain the process.
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:55:43 PM

its simple really its the very same thing as when you go to the bank and lodge money in your bank account and then you go online and view the virtual representation of your money . bitcoin is virtual so if you need physical cash you would simply convert to cash . the price goes up and down like every other item as demand and supply dictate......we behave as if bitcoins is from space (is it?)and does not respond like anything known to man ....bitcoin is no different from what already exist it just achieves its goals through its own revolutionary channels.

Reez

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:57:44 PM

Well I think you should leave out a lot of important details (at first). Just say it's a digital currency in a system that's designed so that people can't just copy the data and have two coins. Also that you don't need to ask a bank or institution to send a transaction.

Also say that it's so valuable because the supply is limited which gives it scarcity and speculators are speculating it will go up in value.
CoPil

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:08:47 PM

The best way is to start with the basics. Explain Bitcoin without the tech stuff, introduce it as a digital decentralized money. Compare it with how the currency or monetary unit of a certain country works (economic side) and how you would compare and contrast Bitcoin with how the stock market works (in terms of investing). Explain it like you're a manual, and you're putting yourself in his/her position. Explain it little by little. What are the first things that you would want to know about?... in order for Bitcoin to be interesting and encourage someone to invest or buy some. You can search for very catchy youtube videos and presentations, OR you can make one yourself. It is the best to engage with that person not just by sending them videos and links, but also explaining everything to him/her personally or via call.
Wallflower28

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:17:32 PM

Make your explanation more simple and in real life situation. For example, teach him first the usage of bitcoin, show him how to transfer funds from one point to another. Next, show him the blockchain technology, what its uses. Then, try to input things on him but you should not teach him very fast but try to teach him gradually.
It is hard to teach something based in technical but it is easy to teach when you apply it in his real life activities.

TepungBeras

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

Presale is live: BitPenta.com

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:25:22 PM

Sometimes it is somewhat confusing to explain bitcoin to a technologically blind person, but I usually explain by direct practice and while enlightening the use and benefits of bitcoin in technological advances.

◖◖RealtyReturns◗◗
╣╣Cross-Border Blockchain-based Real Estate Marketplace╠╠
Whibu

Activity: 186
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:38:57 PM

It's a little difficult to deal with when we explain to someone who does not understand technology, we have to teach and give a direct understanding and practice with bitcoin and patience that we desperately need.
Reatim

Activity: 2856
Merit: 359

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:50:06 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 09:36:28 AM by Reatim

Take a look at this few website:

What is Bitcoin? - "A Simple Guide for Non-Technical People."

What is Bitcoin? A non-technical explanation.

What is Bitcoin

How to Explain Bitcoin to Your Family

Personally, I just compare it to Gold. Everyone knows that Gold is being mine just like bitcoin and I'm sure that they can gauge that concept of it by comparing it to Gold and tell them that bitcoin is the digital gold.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Yankae

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:52:26 PM

People needs proof on whatever they don't believe about,in my opinion i will show them what i have because of bitcoin.When he/she becomes curious and ask on what it is then i slowly explain to her/him what bitcoin is and how it works.Maybe i will let him watch through different sites,read articles and guide him/her by myself (though i'm still in process of learning),but i will teach him/her all i know about it.
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:58:52 PM

Why do you need to understand the technical aspects of cryptocurrency? It is enough for you to accept the ideology of a free economy. The future belongs to cryptocurrencies. You just need to open an account on the stock exchange and start earning cryptocurrencies. I recommend you to learn more about trading strategies on the stock exchange.
Marrying_Couch

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:57:21 AM

if explained in detail is rather difficult, we just tell the outline, what is bitcoin, bitcoin purpose and bitcoin income, if that's just not understood, then we must teach the technology first against that person.
canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:19:24 AM

There is no shortcut if you want to teach that to someone who is not tech-savvy, specially if he/she is not want too. But if you see that he want to learn about Bitcoin, there's always a possibility that he/she will learn, but it cost a lot of time and deep explanation. But it's ok if you are willing, you need some tangible example like money,diamond or even gold if you want to see how valuable bitcoin is. Also, the computer/tech is a problem, well another effort will add on it. So goodluck... but still, it's possible.
Nikkolodeon

Activity: 98
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:37:15 AM

Does he believe in bitcoin? Because if he doesn't believe on bitcoin it will be a pointless explanation, he will just think that it is scam. I already told many people about bitcoin, but most of them just laughed at me and said to me that it is a scam. But since I know what bitcoin is I didn't care of what they said and I just continue of what I am doing. Now they are the one asking me to teach them. I explained it by what I gained and achieved.

But if he is really eager to learn about bitcoin, he will do his own research even though he is not tech savvy. And you just have to explain what you know. Don't promise a huge profit becaise he may loss his money.
pat231

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:39:28 AM

I suggest to explain the technology using to develop any Coin and how far and how quickly the coin develop its new feature to sustain in market, that's the only way to explain Bitcoin to someone who is non-techie  

[ CENTRA ] Creating a World Connected to Cryptocurrency
▚▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▞
serizawax

Activity: 98
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:39:40 AM

If we want to teach about bitcoin to a layman, then we should teach it starting from the bottom of the back system that is blockchain, first we have to convince the person to understand and believe in blockchain.

In addition, the important thing we should say to him is the risks of bitcoin, and we should give him consideration so that he will not be disappointed with us and himself if one day he loses in the bitcoin world.
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:44:31 AM

Bitcoin is complicated thing to explain, tell them that bitcoin is money that many people are agreed that it has values. Show them how to use it, but don't push them. May be they are already rich and don't need bitcoin for now.
Missterio

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:49:06 AM

I think first you need to give a technical concept of what technology and computer, if a person understands this, then it is easier for him to understand what bitcoin is.
Lingesh

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:49:56 AM

it is not easy to teach them about bitcoin, it will take some time to know them.
youtube is the best way to teach them about cryptocurrency. some people never accept some people will definitely believe suddenly,
after showing our earning history all people will definitely believe,
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: