Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 02:21:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Real Estate with Bitcoin - Would you do it?  (Read 127 times)
cryptothief (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 09:11:50 PM

Hagan Homes, a reputable real estate developer in Northern Ireland has just announced that they will accept Bitcoin transactions as payment for new homes (http://www.haganhomes.co.uk/-media/hagan-homes-to-accept-bitcoin-payment-for-new-homes-122).

With more and more real estate developers accepting cryptocurrency as a form of payment, is it a sign that the wider market is accepting that the transition is happening? Property seems like a sensible move in terms of using Bitcoin as the higher item value means that the fees should become less of an issue than with smaller purchases, which have been priced out for a long time as investors tend to hold onto it. Obviously there would be the tax implications depending on which part of the world you are looking to purchase, but overall it should be a way to move some of that profit into brick and mortar.

Anyway, a positive move in my opinion.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:17:17 PM

Well this is my goal to use all my profits with bitcoin to buy a property but I think, I will still use fiat money since bitcoin are still not acceptable in my place. This is a good news and hopefully many developer will follow this specially here in my country, everything is possible with cryptocurrency and let’s see it in the future.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1516

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:43:17 PM

I believe, Hagan Homes is probably the first builder that is accepting bitcoin as a payment method. I haven't seen any other news of any other builder accepting the same. Even though there were instances where someone bought a real estate property using their crypto income, but they had exchanged their crypto to fiat and then used it for the purchase. Crypto transfer to builder's account didn't take place.

Even though there would be no impact in the market, but this baby step by Hagan Homes has opened up a whole new opportunity in front of the market. Buying home is a big thing, so a majority of the buyer would not want to involve crypto in it if the legal status of crypto is unclear in that country. But if this builder can execute a sale properly with all legal clearances, then it would definitely give out a positive message to the crypto community.

Razumomo

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:12:34 PM

It's really great . I would like to perticipate . If real state of our country start using bitcoin.  It will be easy for us if it really happens our country like Ireland.  I heard many others country are also trying to  take bitcoin to their property business. It's really amazing news. People would just love to buy property by using bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: