Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:55:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit system helps to find out alt accounts  (Read 153 times)
seven2smoke1 (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:26:10 PM

At recent days, a lot of users are already abusing the merit system by sending points to their alternative accounts, Now you can find the "Reputation" section is crowded with those members. The idea about this system in the beginning is to improve the forum and eliminate shitposters, This one goes well for now. In addition, with the help of this system we can find easily alt accounts who always abuse the system and cheat in signature campaigns. I think this is one of the deep things of "Merit system".
longlivecapitalism

Activity: 966
Merit: 31

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:36:15 PM

I think this system will only catch the really stupid abusers or the ones who don't understand the rules of this forum. How else would you call a person who has an alt account and chooses to associate both accounts via awarding merit points?
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 01:41:58 AM

Here's the thing. Over time, those accounts will become obsolete once the Merit system does what it's intended to do. Once all the sMerits dry up from shitposters, the true posters will end up making up for all the false merit being passed around. That day is surely to come, and until then, I think the merit system abusers deserve continuing to get red-tagged from DT members. What they're doing is highly unethical and very untrustworthy. I hope the merit system continues to help identify those idiots until it becomes systematic for true merit.

Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:52:10 AM

Yeppers.  But I'm pretty sure only a small percentage of accounts are being caught, and likely a smaller percentage are being red trusted by DT members. 

It is a time consuming process, and I'm not throwing any stones here.  I have to say it is a nice feature that sMerit keeps decreasing as it continually distributes.  I'm afraid that there will probably be enough for some of them to rank up, but definitely not all of them.  That's a big Yay.
tinhtevn

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:42:27 AM

Yeppers.  But I'm pretty sure only a small percentage of accounts are being caught, and likely a smaller percentage are being red trusted by DT members. 
Only red trust, not permanent/ temporary bans by mods. Personally, they should be banned to keep the forum and merit system as fairly as possible.
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:23:06 PM

You got that right. It still amazes me how some members can be so creative in finding ways to abuse and cheat the new system just to reach a higher rank and get higher pays. It really just shows what the intentions of people are in this forum. Luckily, we have vigilant DT members and forum member who are on the look out on these abusers. Hopefully, people would understand that cheating would not lead them to any good. One way or another, you will get caught and just put everything you worked hard for down the drain. It's time for people to take things in this forum maturely.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 12:31:09 PM

This has been mentioned so many times already. Why do we need anther thread about it?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: