Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:51:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Account Banned Suddenly due to IP Address  (Read 433 times)
ziyush (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 76

Crypto Lovers

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:31:36 PM

i am posting this Topic after the request of one ban member of BCT and he is looking for information about this.

BCT auto-disable posting from ip that is previously used to spam forums and sometimes those IPS are public IPs, now what happens the person who gets banned came into free wifi zone and he started using that ip and suddenly he is banned from posting with a message that your message is marked as spam.

he said he only send a 2-3 message and he never sends any message and suddenly after using that free wifi network my account get banned.

Now that user question is how to tackle this situation and how to remove that ban.He already appealed that.

The banned account has few merits points as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:31:08 AM

BCT auto-disable posting from ip that is previously used to spam
Only the IP originally used to register the account matters, and such accounts are disabled immediately upon being registered until a fee is paid. This is solely to prevent spammers registering many accounts with the same IP address; this forum otherwise doesn't use IP bans at all.

now what happens the person who gets banned came into free wifi zone and he started using that ip and suddenly he is banned from posting with a message that your message is marked as spam.
Nope. That doesn't happen. If a message is deleted for being spam, it is solely due to its content, not the IP address used to post it. The moderators (who are in charge of actually deleting such messages) don't even know the poster's IP address, only the admins do, so they couldn't do that even if they wanted to.

he said he only send a 2-3 message and he never sends any message and suddenly after using that free wifi network my account get banned.
Protip: when pretending to be your "friend", keep your pronouns straight. Roll Eyes In any case, the free Wi-Fi has nothing to do with it; you (or your "friend") were banned because you broke the rules.

Those merit points don't mean much now. Unless, of course, they were obtained by merit farming with your other alt accounts, in which case those efforts are now permanently wasted. Too bad. That's what happens when you break the rules.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
ziyush (OP)

Crypto Lovers

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:07:15 AM

Only the IP originally used to register the account matters, and such accounts are disabled immediately upon being registered until a fee is paid. This is solely to prevent spammers registering many accounts with the same IP address; this forum otherwise doesn't use IP bans at all.

now what happens the person who gets banned came into free wifi zone and he started using that ip and suddenly he is banned from posting with a message that your message is marked as spam.
Nope. That doesn't happen. If a message is deleted for being spam, it is solely due to its content, not the IP address used to post it. The moderators (who are in charge of actually deleting such messages) don't even know the poster's IP address, only the admins do, so they couldn't do that even if they wanted to.

Protip: when pretending to be your "friend", keep your pronouns straight. Roll Eyes In any case, the free Wi-Fi has nothing to do with it; you (or your "friend") were banned because you broke the rules.

Those merit points don't mean much now. Unless, of course, they were obtained by merit farming with your other alt accounts, in which case those efforts are now permanently wasted. Too bad. That's what happens when you break the rules.

I hope he will satisfy with the answer because he thinks that is an automated process, however, there must be some appeal procedure with a proper response he appeal it but no reply from that side.

in beginning, some of my posts are also deleted and after reading your reply I fear that what if my account get banned?

i am associated with one coin and now I keep posting quality information in BCT.
Rhinoboy11

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:06:31 AM

Actually what he is saying is very true. Recently i called my close friend who is very new to crypto to come over. i was to help him open basic account needed to do bounty and so Bitcointalk is one of the accounts we were going to sign up.
Before we could even register him his account was blocked for irregular activities and told to pay a fine. My account was still logged in but his he had only entered details to sign up. Up to now he still can't use that account and he only has that one
ziyush (OP)

Crypto Lovers

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:14:26 AM

Actually what he is saying is very true. Recently i called my close friend who is very new to crypto to come over. i was to help him open basic account needed to do bounty and so Bitcointalk is one of the accounts we were going to sign up.
Before we could even register him his account was blocked for irregular activities and told to pay a fine. My account was still logged in but his he had only entered details to sign up. Up to now he still can't use that account and he only has that one

If people participate and take this discussion to a higher level then maybe BCT Admin will do something about this, because a lot of people trying to involve in BCT for promotional work.

In India , JIO is a NETWORK and they keep on changing ips at regular interval, ip is not static , so there are many chance that many genuine user get banned in this
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: