Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:29:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (Help) Which system/blockchain should I use ? :o  (Read 199 times)
Arkine (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:07:59 AM

Hi guys  Smiley

We're working on a very funny project which is based on blockchain, and we'd need your help for a question.
We're basically making an incentivized BTC funny content platform for our college, and trying to make a full Dapp : So it's kinda like steemit but for a funny and smaller purpose.

So right now we're hosting the pictures on IPFS, but we're thinking of a way to store the upvotes/downvotes or account of the users in a blockchain : for it to be decentralized. (3rd party trust needed in upvotes).
So far we think that :
- The Steemit blockchain has Steem/SP/SBD, Signing up takes a long time, and it's too complicated for our project : we want one easy incentivizing token that student who never heard about the blockchain can use.
- The SMT : Smart Media Token from Steem looks promising too but we've got no idea when this will launch and if it's going to work.
- The Eth Blockchain transaction fee are very high for this, so it's probably not the best to base everything on it : but as most of the project are using Eth we are thinking of forking the Eth blockchain & mine it ourself so that we can store the upvotes/downvotes on it.

But this might not be the best solution, so we are looking for some advices here  Huh

Any help would be greatly appreciated !  Smiley
If you're interested in the project please message me too ! (https://t.me/funnychain)  Wink
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:34:17 AM

The beauty of ethereum and other like platforms is that they already host nodes for you and thus network is decentralized without your need to pay for nodes etc. which is why you have to pay those fees. If you however thought of possibility of creating your own blockchain from ethereum why wouldn't you try to fork steem and steemit?
Because as you state they have pre-made upvoting system and all that. You don't have to wait for steemit you can pay to get account as every creation cost steem there. They are probably overloaded with requests as I am waiting for long time and don't even except to see any reply. Anyway there is one fork that I know of, russian version of steemit: https://golos.io/ so if you know some coding it shouldn't take you long to do simple fork and rename few things around and later down the road you will have to host nodes.

Other platformsthat will let you create tokens: lisk, waves, NEM, NEO...

Honestly I don't have knowledge much regarding steem media tokens.
Arkine (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:37:15 PM

Sorry for the delay and thanks for your help !
If we fork steemit the problem is that we'll still have to use the 3 tokens of steemit, that's why i was thinking more of forking the Eth Blockchain.

Do you maybe know which other token emitting blockchain would be the best to store many transactions (my upvotes) ? (I don't really know about list,waves, NEM or NEO gas cost)

Thanks again for your help  Smiley Smiley
RNC

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:53:05 PM

Ethereum sounds like it might suite your needs but if you are windows based then NEO might be worth looking at
but BC seems just the right tool when it comes to voting on a smaller scale so maybe service providers will soon
loan them out on a annual basis as a means to enforce trust in the data.

Good luck.

Edward Finney

Activity: 67

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:26:04 AM

Wait for EOS haha. If you are concerned about price then NEO is also out of the question and your probably not based on chinca which again rules you out. Thing is with NEO is you can create daps using basic java! So it would be ideal. I'd go with eth tbh there is a reason it's the primary platform at the moment
Arkine (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:59:48 AM

Thank you guys for your help !  Smiley

If you are concerned about price then NEO is also out of the question

What did you mean by that ? aren't the gas fees for neo lower than eth ? (basically they write 0 on the website http://docs.neo.org/en-us/sc/systemfees.html, but i guess the transaction then never get done right?)

I saw the cross chain interoperability NeoX of Neo, does that mean that we'll be able to link an ethereum blockchain with a neo blockchain ?
So basically will my NEO blockchain will be able to call my ERC20 token & a smart contract from my eth blockchain ?

Also another question : as Neo have free gas from your amount of NEO, why don't most ICO based on Ethereum just take the thousands ETH they get, change it to NEO to get gas, and then base all their project on NEO (as there won't be any transaction fee then?) ? Is it to support the ETH Network ?
Sorry if i'm totally mistaken !

So many questions  Grin

Thanks !
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 11:19:39 AM

I think NEM,Waves and NEO will be good for your project cause the gas cost of NEM was 95% reduced since last year and Waves is transaction fast, scalable with lower tx cost and NEO is outstanding in terms of tx cost. Which is why I think NEM,Waves and NEO will be better option for your project.

Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:28:34 PM

I think NEM,Waves and NEO will be good for your project cause the gas cost of NEM was 95% reduced since last year and Waves is transaction fast, scalable with lower tx cost and NEO is outstanding in terms of tx cost. Which is why I think NEM,Waves and NEO will be better option for your project.

I am just bias towards NEO because it is windows based (Not that i am saying windows is not spyware) and
believe that paying interest on coins is better then all this mining rubbish but the killer for me when I last
looked at NEO is the gas was only being traded on one exchange.

The West often locks Asia out when it can and NEO is their version of playing that game too but longer term
something similar to NEO is going to blow ETH and BTC out of the water me thinks and offer a lot more than just
bean counting which is the case with "Smart Contracts" today.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: