Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:12:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 17.5 BTC Loan For a Month (Because I got scammed) - Will payback 20BTC  (Read 4577 times)
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:00:43 PM

Here's my sob story (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300488.0) - I n00bed it up and sent a guy 2k worth of bitcoins. He played me so freakin bad and I feel like an a-hole.

Quoting just in case.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
SixFigures (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:04:32 PM

In the OP you said you sent him 2K worth of Bitcoins Huh

No no, I apologize for that. It was all GDMP.

Like say, I have the GDMP #'s and I have the pictures, and I have the receipts. So if anybody wants there ... Just ask.

Quoting just in case.

lol what?

Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:15:23 PM

I'm not being horrible or anything but if you really need the money you should go about a different route because you are wasting your time this site gets hundreds of loan requests with no collateral daily and no one ever gets them so if you are desperate try find a alt route to get the cash.
Kouye

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:17:30 PM

So... 60k a year is about 5k a month, right?

You claim to have 500$ monthly bills, which, considering you have several kids, seems pretty lowish.
And so my damn kids can eat.

That leaves you with 4500$.

You also claim you're left with 1000$ to play with.

I work as in IT Director and make around 60k/yr. I have around $500 in bill each month. So I usually have $1000 in "spending money".

Which probably means your banker steals ~3500$ from you every month? Huh

You also state you are broke, when you only got scammed for 2 months worth of play cash.
As depressed (and broke) as I am.

I am convinced you are a scammer (and you don't have any child).

I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
SixFigures (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:26:26 PM

That leaves you with 4500$.

I clear a little less than 800. So now we are talking 3600 a month.

- 500 bills
- 400 groceries
- 250 gas
- 250 on dinners/entertainment

Ballpark, but you get the idea. Adds up quick between taxes and whatnot

You also claim you're left with 1000$ to play with.

Which probably means your banker steals ~3500$ from you every month? Huh

Taxes are a bitch man .. It's not 3500, but it is a little less than 400 a week.

You also state you are broke, when you only got scammed for 2 months worth of play cash.

I am convinced you are a scammer (and you don't have any child).

Honestly I have no clue what I need to do to convince the thread I'm not. Geez.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3083

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 06:29:44 PM

Tell us how the loan is GUARANTEED.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
SixFigures (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:32:06 PM

Tell us how the loan is GUARANTEED.

I'm just the guy asking.

I'm basing the "guarantee" off the extra money I make in a month. So I'm able to use that money towards the loan.

I also did offer the title on my jeep. I'm a little nervous for that, but if somebody can walk me through how to do that. I'd be down.

If there anything better I'm missing. Feel free to put it out there.

I'm going to the lenders here. If there's anything you need to hear or see from me. I'm game.

Kouye

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:38:55 PM

Not sure I understand how you go from 5k to 3.6k.

- 500 (bills)
    - 400 (groceries)
    - 250 (gas)
    - 250 (things you don't do when you're broke)
    - 500 (taxes)
    ============
    -  Whatnot
    ============

You probably might wanna dig into that 700$ whatnot thing (and also about why your 60k/year only yeild monthly 3600, before taxes  Huh)

And still, this is just money you are playing with.
Just don't play for 2 months, and you're back on track. Right ?

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 06:39:26 PM

Your word is not a guarantee, and your jeep is not worth enough.  Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
lucasjkr

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:51:22 PM

Are you proposing borrowing Bitcoins or cash? There is a difference, after all...

Scenario 1) You borrow 17.5 BTC at $135 each and intend to replay $2362.5 upon the due date, regardless of what the price of Bitcoin does (ie, if the price of bitcoin fals, you repay many more BTC than your borrowed, andif the price of BTC spikes, you repay the loan by buying fewer Bitcoins than you received in the first place.

Scenario 2) you borrow 17.5 BTC and intend to reoay the loan by transferring 17.5 BTC back to the lender, without regard for the price (ie; if the USD/BTC exchange rate goes to $270, you would be paying back twice as much on a dollar denominated basis, or if BTC falls to $67.50, you'd be repaying half as much on a dollar basis.

Either is fine, but should be disclosed. If you're seeking something akin to Scenario 1, I would make it clear that you're trying to borrow cash and intend to repay cash, with Bitcoin jut there as the means to transmit value. If you're envisioning the second scenario, one might ask what your plan to repay will look like should Bitcoin double in price during the time the loan sis outstanding.
SixFigures (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 07:00:18 PM

All I'm saying is it' very possible for me to pay this back and make somebody money. That's what my goal of posting is here was:
- Quick and reputable loan
- Make somebody money

For what it's worth I just did a KBB on it .. It's worth 3500.

So to a dealer wholesaled it would be 1500 (still not 2k, but it depend on the dealer) .. a private party much more.

Are you proposing borrowing Bitcoins or cash? There is a difference, after all...

Scenario 1) You borrow 17.5 BTC at $135 each and intend to replay $2362.5 upon the due date, regardless of what the price of Bitcoin does (ie, if the price of bitcoin fals, you repay many more BTC than your borrowed, andif the price of BTC spikes, you repay the loan by buying fewer Bitcoins than you received in the first place.

Scenario 2) you borrow 17.5 BTC and intend to reoay the loan by transferring 17.5 BTC back to the lender, without regard for the price (ie; if the USD/BTC exchange rate goes to $270, you would be paying back twice as much on a dollar denominated basis, or if BTC falls to $67.50, you'd be repaying half as much on a dollar basis.

Either is fine, but should be disclosed. If you're seeking something akin to Scenario 1, I would make it clear that you're trying to borrow cash and intend to repay cash, with Bitcoin jut there as the means to transmit value. If you're envisioning the second scenario, one might ask what your plan to repay will look like should Bitcoin double in price during the time the loan sis outstanding.

Good question.

I'm asking to borrow 17.5 btc. I'm never going to cash these out .. They are just send to the current guy I'm looking to pay.

NOW for paying back - I would prefer to pay back in BTC. Keep things simple. If you would prefer me paying you back in cash or maybe half cash and half coins .. I'd be open to that as well.

I understand that from the point in time I borrow the coins to when I'm looking to repay COULD double. So I would have to buy them at possibly double the value -- that would indeed suck, but keep in mind I'm planning on paying 5btc per week.

Example (and planned payment dates):
September 27 (tomorrow) - 5btc
October 4 - 5 btc
October 11 - 5 btc
October 18 - 5 btc

Make sense?

And yes, by tomorrow I technically only need 15 btc if I purchase 5 tomorrow.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 07:02:44 PM

All I'm saying is it' very possible for me to pay this back and make somebody money. That's what my goal of posting is here was:
- Quick and reputable loan
- Make somebody money

For what it's worth I just did a KBB on it .. It's worth 3500.

So to a dealer wholesaled it would be 1500 (still not 2k, but it depend on the dealer) .. a private party much more.

Good question.

I'm asking to borrow 17.5 btc. I'm never going to cash these out .. They are just send to the current guy I'm looking to pay.

NOW for paying back - I would prefer to pay back in BTC. Keep things simple. If you would prefer me paying you back in cash or maybe half cash and half coins .. I'd be open to that as well.

I understand that from the point in time I borrow the coins to when I'm looking to repay COULD double. So I would have to buy them at possibly double the value -- that would indeed suck, but keep in mind I'm planning on paying 5btc per week.

Example (and planned payment dates):
September 27 (tomorrow) - 5btc
October 4 - 5 btc
October 11 - 5 btc
October 18 - 5 btc

Make sense?

And yes, by tomorrow I technically only need 15 btc if I purchase 5 tomorrow.

Your best bet is to get a loan on your Jeep. Easier, quicker and safer for everyone involved.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 07:04:02 PM

I'm willing to bet someone 2 BTC that this loan will not be fulfilled without full collateral.

If it does I want full tx ID's and a signed messaged to prove.
SixFigures (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 07:05:14 PM

Your best bet is to get a loan on your Jeep. Easier, quicker and safer for everyone involved.

I understand what you're saying, but there is a lot of fees and everything involved with it. Not to mention the time and stress. And they ship away your title and I think you have to pay extra to get it back.

The 2.5btc interest I'm paying here is looking better for me personally. I'm not saying it's in anyway beneficial to the possible lenders, but that's up to them.

I'm just putting it out there. A "Shot in the dark" if you will.

Thanks for chiming in though -- It's very possible I may do that.

SixFigures (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 07:06:28 PM

I'm willing to bet someone 2 BTC that this loan will not be fulfilled without full collateral.

If it does I want full tx ID's and a signed messaged to prove.

Come'on man .. Side bets in another thread!

lol .. I'm just playing around. Anything that keeps this thread active I'm a fan of .. Keeps my hopes alive anyway :\

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 07:08:37 PM

I understand what you're saying, but there is a lot of fees and everything involved with it. Not to mention the time and stress. And they ship away your title and I think you have to pay extra to get it back.

You'll be paying a lot more the way you are proposing.

There is your solution - get a car title loan.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 07:10:32 PM

The 2.5btc interest I'm paying here is looking better for me personally. I'm not saying it's in anyway beneficial to the possible lenders, but that's up to them.

I'm just putting it out there. A "Shot in the dark" if you will.

Drive to bank or other institution.
See loan officer.
Get approved or not.
Approved, they hold your title, you keep possession of Jeep.
Disapproved: You= Sad
Loan paid off, you get title back and a nice boost on your credit score. I have never been charged to get a title released.
30 minute ordeal from the time you see the loan officer.
Faster and easier than trying to get a BTC loan.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
SixFigures (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 07:14:40 PM

You'll be paying a lot more the way you are proposing.

There is your solution - get a car title loan.

Trying to avoid that as much as possible :\

---

Drive to bank or other institution.
See loan officer.
Get approved or not.
Approved, they hold your title, you keep possession of Jeep.
Disapproved: You= Sad
Loan paid off, you get title back and a nice boost on your credit score. I have never been charged to get a title released.
30 minute ordeal from the time you see the loan officer.
Faster and easier than trying to get a BTC loan.

Also trying to avoid this as much as possible

Listen guys, I really appreciate the response and your opinions right now. I am trying to avoid banks, lending corps, etc. I will look into and see if there's anything I can do.

If anybody has a good bank "any credit" feel free to post or PM here and I'll give it a stab, but it's just something I really didn't want to mess with :\

smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 07:15:31 PM

Simple.  Call Green Dot and tell them someone stole the moneypaks from you.  They will give you the money back.

Already address it, I told them that I gave the GDMP to somebody to pay. That doesn't fall under the ToC. You pretty much need to have the number stolen from you without ever giving it to somebody.

Unfortunately it does not work like a credit card transaction. You just can't say

"I never got it"

Then you need to CALL THE POLICE and report this as a robbery.  Have you already done that?  Do you have a police report number?

If you give a police report number to Green Dot they will refund you 100% of the time no matter what.  
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 07:18:55 PM

Listen guys, I really appreciate the response and your opinions right now. I am trying to avoid banks, lending corps, etc. I will look into and see if there's anything I can do.

If anybody has a good bank "any credit" feel free to post or PM here and I'll give it a stab, but it's just something I really didn't want to mess with :\

So you don't want to deal with banks because they can affect your credit rating should you default?  Are you planning to default?

Anyway - car title loan is your answer.  You won't get a loan here.  Good luck. 

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: