Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:42:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KNCMiner - Collection from Stockholm for UK residents  (Read 1599 times)
CYPER (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:19:53 PM

I'm seriously considering to get a refund on the delivery charges ($240 for 2 Jupiters) and go get them myself.
I spoke with Sam today, who was absolutely certain that all orders will be ready by 15th October ad he will be able to give me at least a 48h notice of when they will be ready to collect.
So I did some research and here are my findings:

• RyanAir seems the cheapest
  • RyanAir offers to buy and Extra Item Seat* so I can buy a single ticket to go there and basically 2 singles to come back - around $100
  • The miner fits just perfectly within the hand baggage allowance - 7kg and 50x40x20cm vs 10kg and 55x40x20cm, so will just put it in a strong plastic bag.
  • Airport Security shouldn't be a problem - it's computer hardware with no power supply, batteries or liquids and won't be damaged by the xray scanning machine.

Anyone thinking of doing the same? Have I missed anything, that might impede my return back to UK?

* - To book an extra seat for an item the word "ITEM SEAT" must be entered as the surname and "EXTRA" must be entered at the first name. EXTRA ITEM SEAT will then be displayed on the reservation and online boarding pass. The accompanying passenger's travel document details must be entered during the online check- in process. Reserved seating in emergency rows 1,16 and 17 may not be purchased if you have purchased an extra seat for item/comfort

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:22:37 PM

I'm seriously considering to get a refund on the delivery charges ($240 for 2 Jupiters) and go get them myself.
I spoke with Sam today, who was absolutely certain that all orders will be ready by 15th October ad he will be able to give me at least a 48h notice of when they will be ready to collect.

• RyanAir offers to buy and Extra Item Seat* so I can buy a single ticket to go there and basically 2 singles to come back - around $100
  • The miner fits just perfectly within the hand baggage allowance - 7kg and 50x40x20cm vs 10kg and 55x40x20cm, so will just put it in a strong plastic bag.
  • Airport Security shouldn't be a problem - it's computer hardware with no power supply, batteries or liquids and won't be damaged by the xray scanning machine.

Anyone thinking of doing the same? Have I missed anything, that might impede my return back to UK?

* - To book an extra seat for an item the word "ITEM SEAT" must be entered as the surname and "EXTRA" must be entered at the first name. EXTRA ITEM SEAT will then be displayed on the reservation and online boarding pass. The accompanying passenger's travel document details must be entered during the online check- in process. Reserved seating in emergency rows 1,16 and 17 may not be purchased if you have purchased an extra seat for item/comfort

I'm seriously considering this as well, I have a ton of Airmiles that would give me essentially a free round-trip to Sweden (aside from food/lodging).
CYPER (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 01:39:03 AM

I'm seriously considering this as well, I have a ton of Airmiles that would give me essentially a free round-trip to Sweden (aside from food/lodging).

Where are you located and what is your order number?
jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 02:38:35 AM

Where are you located and what is your order number?

Check your PMs
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 09:49:19 AM

I was thinking of driving if I could get my hands on an order Shocked

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: