Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:09:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did they actually enter MERIT ?  (Read 325 times)
Lucas95 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:12:45 AM

After reading the topic of innovation in the face of the merit, I decided to ask a question and, most importantly, to find out
your thoughts on this matter.

Why did they actually introduce measures and what are its main functions?

For example, at the moment both in English and Russian topics all vied
with the quality of posts and the improvement of the community as a whole, but personally at the moment I see only the opposite side - the
emergence of a black market for the sale of Merit. As they say, the price for 1 merit is already from 8 to 40 !!! green.
And a very strong increase in the prices of accounts.

There are also a lot of questions from the point of view of logic.
For example, as a beginner or junior, presumably just beginning his journey in the world of crypts and blockade technology
can give out something really catchy, interesting and new for the permanent watchdog forum?

Or maybe all this is the beginning of the subsequent rise in prices for signatures (signatures) - the company?
Or a reduction in competition?
Or - all this is the beginning of something much more  Huh

How do you think?
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:20:11 AM

I don't understand everything you're trying to say (and I also don't understand why you started another thread about the merit system when there are already probably hundreds already in existence). But you can read about the merit system and its justification here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 08:50:04 AM

I think it is sad that you mentioned Russia in association with the banned selling of merit points. Putin is trying to elevate Russia to a place as a respectable country in world affairs, and his healthy farming initiative is to be applauded. Russia has had a bad reputtion for scamming and other unsavoury practices in the past, and I suspect that many honest Russians are trying to shake this off. Is the Russian board any worse than any of the other local boards?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:04:20 AM

emergence of a black market for the sale of Merit. As they say, the price for 1 merit is already from 8 to 40 !!! green.

Damn, I'm rich now.

There is always someone trying to trick the system. It doesn't matter if it's the merit system, the account selling, even the bank system, the voting system, every single system in the world. You can find black markers everywhere for almost everything that has some value for someone.
There is no miraculous solution that is working 100% all the time.
There should be some control here in a way because the forum tuned into a dumping place full of nonsense only for account farming.
So freezing the shitposters to Jr. members is one good solution to the huge spam generated every day. If you have some soft of common sense and acceptable English level you should be making your way to the higher ranks without any problem. It takes time but you learn a lot on the way, so you actually can back up your rank with your knowledge, and short review of your previous posts can prove that you are not traded account.
Well there is still a chance to be an alt but ... as I said/wrote earlier there is no 100% solution to this.

Or maybe all this is the beginning of the subsequent rise in prices for signatures (signatures) - the company?
Or - all this is the beginning of something much more  Huh

How do you think?

I read somewhere that soon is coming a Telegram token and that Theymos whats to have a huge part of the distribution of the tokens that's why he introduced the merit system now, so he and his alts to be able to participate in all the bounties and all the poor peasants will be left aside.

Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:22:15 AM

Merit is introduced simply because this forum is getting really crowded especially by noobs that have heard that they can actually get rich here. Leding to spamming for the increase in rank, to be able to enter campaigns and unfortanetly, rules is not enough to ensure quality but they seem to get credits without any effort.

Though it can't eliminate bad ones, it freezes adding more of it.
The system will test which can actually survive by doing quality.
Don't worry about the black market. Selling accounts will end because in order to have new accounts to sell, they need to do contribution and maybe they will end up hesitating. So accounts will be limited time to time. Having a higher rank accounts such as member already needs hard work.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 10:06:21 AM

Why use 10 words when you can use 50... is this the nullius effect?

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 10:18:32 AM

Don't you mean why use 10 threads when you can use 50.

I'm not saying that applies to Nullius btw.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 10:59:31 AM

The number of threads is a different issue. The fact that the 3rd world posters have now swallowed a thesaurus is a different problem.

mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:52:28 AM

How do you think?

I think you are frustrated. Take a chill pill  Grin

I think it is sad that you mentioned Russia in association with the banned selling of merit points. Putin is trying to elevate Russia to a place as a respectable country in world affairs, and his healthy farming initiative is to be applauded. Russia has had a bad reputtion for scamming and other unsavoury practices in the past, and I suspect that many honest Russians are trying to shake this off. Is the Russian board any worse than any of the other local boards?

I always have respect Russia for their bravery and courage. We are living in USA dominated planet so when they say something that is correct. They have the mainstream media. And we all know how mainstream media manipulates us. Good people and bad people exists everywhere.

PS: I'm no Russian  Cheesy

I read somewhere that soon is coming a Telegram token and that Theymos whats to have a huge part of the distribution of the tokens that's why he introduced the merit system now, so he and his alts to be able to participate in all the bounties and all the poor peasants will be left aside.

- You are kidding! right?
I hope it's not correct or we all are basically bunches of puppets.  Cry  
We are fighting for decentralisation (  Huh ) here. COME ON!!!

~~~~~
Merit system need just more time and some improvements. I'm pretty sure the administrators are keeping close eyes on the data and statistics

- Quality, constructive post  Wink

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 11:54:25 AM

a lot of spam was going on and a lot of guys was trying to get controll on bitcoin talk a lot of bots and multiple accounts so they add it to get what you deserve but as i see its not working as they are exchanging merit

Free palestine
actisstupidname

Activity: 67
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:56:09 AM

The number of threads is a different issue. The fact that the 3rd world posters have now swallowed a thesaurus is a different problem.

No worries, you can spot the lingo used by these people from shithole countries. Make Bitcointalk Great Again!
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:57:19 AM

You mean an altcoin distributed based on the amount of merit you received in this forum? What you are saying isn't really making sense.

Also, do you really think theymos has time to participate in minimum-wage paying bounties with one account, let alone his "Alts"?

His bitcoin adress, 1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD has received over 4 million. I doubt it would be worth his time to go around and do twitter bounties.

LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 12:51:22 PM

The Admins want to lessen the spamming here in the forum and they want users to contribute here through posting medium to high quality posts. That's it.  Wink Wink

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
jointherevolution

Activity: 229
Merit: 3

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:55:42 PM

After reading the topic of innovation in the face of the merit, I decided to ask a question and, most importantly, to find out
your thoughts on this matter.

For example, at the moment both in English and Russian topics all vied
with the quality of posts and the improvement of the community as a whole, but personally at the moment I see only the opposite side - the
And a very strong increase in the prices of accounts.

There are also a lot of questions from the point of view of logic.
For example, as a beginner or junior, presumably just beginning his journey in the world of crypts and blockade technology
can give out something really catchy, interesting and new for the permanent watchdog forum?

Or - all this is the beginning of something much more  Huh

How do you think?

Some times a system does not work as intended. Time will tell if it's successful or not. For now maybe we should give the merit system some time.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: 1.12.2018 (https://endchain.io/)
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 01:14:01 PM

- Quality, constructive post  Wink

tha'ts what they are thinking, Give us eye cancer as we have to read a 500 word essay. make us bleed from the eyes using words from the thesaurus.. and guess what - its still not constructive, its actually probably worse than the previous shitposting

TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:10:15 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2018, 06:53:18 PM by iasenko

You mean an altcoin distributed based on the amount of merit you received in this forum? What you are saying isn't really making sense.

Also, do you really think theymos has time to participate in minimum-wage paying bounties with one account, let alone his "Alts"?

His bitcoin adress, 1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD has received over 4 million. I doubt it would be worth his time to go around and do twitter bounties.

No, let me explain, this is so ridiculous accusation, I'm faaar from considering such bullshit as a real deal because it has no sense to me. I just wrote what I have read somewhere about the merit system. But this is how the spamming crowd is trying to explain the system, by accusing theymos and sh!t like this.
The new system ruined a lot of people's "business" so everyone of these clowns are crawling their way up on the ranking system by black-marketing the sMerits. I have already reported two such cases, hope I can catch more of those folks Smiley

- You are kidding! right?
I hope it's not correct or we all are basically bunches of puppets.  Cry  
We are fighting for decentralisation (  Huh ) here. COME ON!!!

I hope you are kidding, you can't really believe that it can happen, right?

zigfridkr

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:19:46 PM
Merited by guschin (1)

a lot of spam was going on and a lot of guys was trying to get controll on bitcoin talk a lot of bots and multiple accounts so they add it to get what you deserve but as i see its not working as they are exchanging merit

This might not have eliminated the spam completely but has reduced it for sure. Only the admin might be aware of the recent number of registrations happening per day but it really does not make sense to create multiple accounts. You can level up 1-2 accounts to member level by cheating the system but this is not possible for members with 10 or more accounts. Also, most of the members who tried giving merit points to alt accounts got recognized anyway . 
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:17:44 PM

there is not a single system out there that is perfect, and the merit system is not going to stop poeple from finding a twist in things to get profit from it, anyone who is abusing the system like selling merits won't get away with it, they will eventually get caught and when they do they will be punished, and i belive that mods have already been able to track down a couple of merit trading circles where a bunch of people trade merits on shit posts.
guschin

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:45:36 AM

there is not a single system out there that is perfect, and the merit system is not going to stop poeple from finding a twist in things to get profit from it, anyone who is abusing the system like selling merits won't get away with it, they will eventually get caught and when they do they will be punished, and i belive that mods have already been able to track down a couple of merit trading circles where a bunch of people trade merits on shit posts.

I think the admin has left certain loopholes so as easily recognize the spammers. For instance, allowing the option to send 50 merits points for a single post does not make any sense. There is a possibility that he might have did it on purpose so that he can catch the members who abuse this. To make this system more effective, we need changes being done from time to time. For instance, there can be limitations on members who have spent more than 10 merits points on average per post.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:08:33 AM

I think the admin has left certain loopholes so as easily recognize the spammers. For instance, allowing the option to send 50 merits points for a single post does not make any sense. There is a possibility that he might have did it on purpose so that he can catch the members who abuse this. To make this system more effective, we need changes being done from time to time. For instance, there can be limitations on members who have spent more than 10 merits points on average per post.

Yeah OK, but think about it this way. The merit is traceable, also many people are monitoring such a big rewards. It's better to catch them here while trying to cheat, instead of hunting them on other websites and chatrooms. Its gonna be more difficult that way. Its the same with the acc selling. You can do it here too, but if they catch you, you are busted with red trust.

Why would you go after merit in the first place? Only to rank up for to either scam people, participate in campaigns or farm accounts.

If you are here only to dig deep into the bitcoin/blockchain field you won't bother with all the merit hype now. Those people getting merit anyway even in they are not trying.

So keep it as simple as it is now, it's working good and it needs time.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: