Bitcoin Forum
September 26, 2024, 11:20:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sites are using cryptojacking- How To Prevent  (Read 135 times)
chamalako (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:42:34 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2018, 06:38:11 AM by chamalako

Hi!
My friends today told me that there are some sites (allegedly the pirate bay) which uses users PC hardware secretly for mining.
like when you visit their site they automatically start using system hardware and earn money by using strangers computer. Another aspects of this problem is that the computer hardware works more than usual even no application is working on it. It increases the temperature of PC sometimes causing overheating but uses never know what actually is the problem.

So what do you guys suggest me to look out for? and is there any way to monitor system? Like can i know if my PC is being used by the these sites?
I want to know whether there is any software to check my PC or any easy tips.
Thanks Regards;
http://www.cputemper.com/how-to-monitor-cpu-temperature/
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:15:04 AM

My friends today told me that there are some sites (allegedly the pirate bay) which uses users PC hardware secretly for mining.
like when you visit their site they automatically start using system hardware and earn money by using strangers computer. Another aspects of this problem is that the computer hardware works more than usual even no application is working on it. It increases the temperature of PC sometimes causing overheating but uses never know what actually is the problem.

So what do you guys suggest me to look out for? and is there any way to monitor system? Like can i know if my PC is being used by the these sites?
I want to know whether there is any software to check my PC or any easy tips.
If you use a PC, I guess your OS is Windows. In that case, you should have antivirus software running regardless. In addition, you can use the 'task manager' application in Windows to check your CPU load; if your web browser consistently is at 100% CPU, that's suspicious.

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
xordeer

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:08:35 AM

you can try "No Coin" Chrome extension
cryptograveyard

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:40:45 PM

You can use this website to check your browser for any problems: https://cryptojackingtest.com/
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 12:54:57 PM

You can now use extensions such as MinerBlock (Chrome) or No Coin (Firefox and Chrome) to automatically block the most common JavaScript cryptocurrency miners.

- MinerBlock Chrome Extention.

- No Coin Chrome Extention - Block miners on the web!

- No Coin Firefox Add on.

Hope this helps, also have a look at this article,

* The Rise Of Cryptojacking And How To Stop It.
chamalako (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:22:28 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 07:29:20 AM by chamalako

You can now use extensions such as MinerBlock (Chrome) or No Coin (Firefox and Chrome) to automatically block the most common JavaScript cryptocurrency miners site.

Google Chrome Download .

- No Coin Chrome Extention - Block miners on the website

- Adblock Firefox Download.

Hope this helps, also have a look at this article,

* The Rise Of Cryptojacking And How To Stop It.

I have read this article now I can prevent cryptojacking and also Install No Coin firefox add on.
chamalako (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:35:43 PM

You can use this website to check your browser for any problems: https://cryptojackingtest.com/
Thanks Xordeer
I installed Firefox extension, as well chrome extension
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: