Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:58:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can something that doesnt exist in the material world have a value? Like BTC  (Read 206 times)
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:19:43 PM

How can money in banks have any value? We don't have enough bills to cover all the money that is stored on the bank accounts. Bitcoin is actually worth something because of many reasons. Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency which allowed us to get rid of banks and other third parties which were needed for a transaction. Every person in the world can create their own BTC address without any formalities, we are not limited with any terms. Which one would you prefer to use? Bitcoin with limited supply and freedom or fiat with unknown supply and high control.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:40:26 PM

There's people who invest because they see the potential to get rich or because their friends invested, more demand like this increases the monetary value. On the other hand, there's people who invest because they believe in the purpose of btc and furthermore, they believe in the blockchain technology component behind it as the future platform for transparency in a wide variety of industries. In the end, in both scenarios, the user is the reason btc has value, regardless of his/her reason for investing.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:34:24 PM

The economy has gone digital. We all know that banks are the beginning of the digitalization of the economy. Someone deposits the money to be saved but they are only given a book containing numbers without knowing whether the form of numbers is real but we believe that the numbers contained in the book have value according to the money we deposited to be deposited in banks we trust . So even with crypto, the numbers we store in a crypto must have value because otherwise, people will not be interested in investing in a crypto.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:38:40 PM

Theres something out of my mind triggered on asking why something that is not tangeable but valuable in the near end like Bitcoins, Ethereums and othet cryptocurrency? Is there anybody can explain about it.

Thank you so much 😄

I will start with an unusual comparison but that might get your stated to think that why bitcoin is having value anyway. Have you heard of the dark matter that exist in the whole universe? There is almost 90% of universe which is made with the dark matter but unfortunately we cant see it and neither we are able to feel it. But the whole universe runs on that magical thing. So you dont about it but carries huge shit of load and it gains value like that. Now I am not saying there is 90% bitcoin that exist in the economy but what I can confirm is bitcoin is having huge importance due to its various characters and the way it works. This is why it has popular and now it is gaining the value and I think its real value though we cant see the bitcoin.
Odora

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:03:38 PM

Theres something out of my mind triggered on asking why something that is not tangeable but valuable in the near end like Bitcoins, Ethereums and othet cryptocurrency? Is there anybody can explain about it.

Thank you so much 😄
i think this is because Trust dan Capital, we all believe in Bitcoin and Altcoin, believe that this will be great and help us in the future,
gold, house, and land is real but why we do not invest in it alone, the biggest reason is because capital,
gold, house and land must be capitalized after that we will feel the result, therefore we do not believe in gold, house, and land even though the object is real  Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: