Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:03:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost 2/3 of my initial investment  (Read 481 times)
kosuo9909 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:13:00 AM

Hey,

Long story short, I started with $3000 almost 4 months ago and now I'm down to $960.

I lost $200-$300 while learning, the rest was from cryptocurrencies crashing, and of course my mistakes.

Two days ago I wanted to ride the Nano train and bought in with all of my $1400 literally at its peak, followed by a colossal drop.

Then, I went all in on Vechain because of the upcoming rebranding, plus I originally purchased it when it was sub $3, but never kept it. Needless to say, it went down by 12%.

So currently I have $960 and I am feeling down that I am losing this battle and won't be able to stay a part of the history we are making.

I haven't bought into ETH, LTC, BTC because with my $1000 I would be getting nothing in return, even if they grew crazy. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gecko8

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:19:48 AM

Sad to hear about your loses. And in days of declining markets it hits us all. But in general it seems you are jumping from one coin to the other coin. With this the exchanges makes money but not necessarily you. You should start to do your own research. If you look at the charts of most coins, Bitcoin was always outperforming. Just get some bitcoins and hodl them.
dangershadow

Activity: 88

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:21:14 AM

You can buy some coins which are cheap and have a potential to multiply several times.

It is useless to invest in BTC at this stage or any other costly currency.

I would recommend to invest in Paccoin as it has increasing demand and has been rising despite all currencies faced a drop. Its cheap so it would make a great choice for you.
Bounty_Hunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:21:32 AM

I know how bad you feel right now. My advice to you is to rest. Take a pause in trading because if you trade now, there is a high probability that you will lose your money again. Good luck.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:28:25 AM

Hey,

Long story short, I started with $3000 almost 4 months ago and now I'm down to $960.

I lost $200-$300 while learning, the rest was from cryptocurrencies crashing, and of course my mistakes.

Two days ago I wanted to ride the Nano train and bought in with all of my $1400 literally at its peak, followed by a colossal drop.

Then, I went all in on Vechain because of the upcoming rebranding, plus I originally purchased it when it was sub $3, but never kept it. Needless to say, it went down by 12%.

So currently I have $960 and I am feeling down that I am losing this battle and won't be able to stay a part of the history we are making.

I haven't bought into ETH, LTC, BTC because with my $1000 I would be getting nothing in return, even if they grew crazy. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

thats a really sad story,but as what im seeing its more on human error than the market itself.youre decision making brings you down.and i can feel that your investment inside crypto is just your spare money.so why not go for a long term investments for 3 different cheap coins that has potentials and ofcourse with great team behind.and just leave if into your wallet for maybe year of two
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:34:32 AM

Experience they say is the best teacher. You can still make it with what you have left. Get some good altcoin and HODL . Sell them off when you have make profit not at a lost. I will recommend Digibyte,ripple , neo , litecoin, monero and steem but also do your own research and follow your intuition.
Davidbugs2

Activity: 217

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:34:49 AM

The only way you loose your money is if you sell at loss, dont sell them and hodl till you are in profit, Never ever sell in loss, doesn't matter if you need to wait till few months.
KTPU777

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

AMON - Crypto Debit Card for Everyday Purchases

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:35:01 AM

Judging by what I read, the trade is not yours. Select several promising coins. Invest in them your remaining money and wait. Now the market is on correction and now it is just necessary to buy. So become an investor.

Dolarin

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:35:24 AM

It's a sad story, don't be upset. Many of us have made such mistakes. Just take a break from trading for a couple of months, save up money and return with renewed vigor. Good luck.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 08:38:46 AM

So you have lots wrong steps here and the very first is to invest into coins which are worthless already. Always remember when you are crossing the investment of 500 bucks then make sure the project you invest in should be far greater than any other and it's not repeater. Any project that's having related whitepaper or road map is sucker thing. Run away from that.

You should actually invest in ether now. Though it can't get you anything much but it will give you something to get yourself started and at least you won't stay down for long. Loosing hopes in the crypto is first disatrous thing anyway.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Xclusive5

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:40:30 AM

Its so sad to hear about your huge loss but my only advise for you now is to pause trading for sometimes and try an investment in ICOs so you can make some gains from it. Make sure you lookout for credible ICOs.

neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:40:43 AM

It sometimes happen to even most experienced traders. You should stop thinking about your losses. Regrets will bring nothing to you. You already learned when not to buy and when not to sell, you can learn where to buy and sell too Smiley

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
Jendral Istimewa

Activity: 330
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:43:12 AM

Hey,

why you are in a hurry to take action, indeed all the decisions in your hands. you should be able to hold on to the long term. with long-term, I think you will become a billionaire. hopefully, it does not happen again. good luck in the future with bitcoin investment.

alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 08:44:25 AM

I also lost some of my deposit, but we have gained experience, and it's also expensive. You need to move on and not repeat mistakes
yohanzo

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:44:53 AM

You shouldn't have the Shiny Object Syndrome...

Research then split your capital into a few coins that you think those will have bright future and just wait.

BTC is crashing, alts are not going anywhere.
maxmeme

Activity: 39
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:45:20 AM

Leave the coins in your wallet and then stop trading. Look at the major coins like ETH and others and buy at dip. Keep the cash for now. If you can afford later, double down the amount on major coins and buy only at dip or after major crash. This way you can possible make back your money.
liangweicha

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:47:05 AM

It's a sad story, not only that you didn't make money in the whole bull market, but you also lost money, but don't worry, all you have to do is hold it for a long time,that you will make money in the next bull market.

usd.dev

Activity: 266

✹✹ Fluxorin.io ✹✹

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:47:11 AM

The only way for you now to get out, but to zero, is to invest in a very promising project at the stage of pre-sale, and wait for the price to rise both as a token and bitcoin. I can not imagine other ideas how to solve your problem.

TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:48:08 AM

Hey,

It is always sad reading this kind of experience. But it is not just you who went through the bitter taste of learning through experience. I have gone through this myself. I think you need to invest in the major name such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Stratis, Waves, Monero, NEO, and so on. You may also invest in new coins but make sure to always monitor their prices. If you gained already, try selling all of them or leave your profit and invest your capital somewhere else. And do not sell if your loss is already huge. Please HODL.
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:50:30 AM

I'm sorry to hear that, keep calm and try to signup for some bounties and make some investments on dips, keep hodling your assets and buy from dips, On next september you will thank me Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: