Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:33:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ethOS-like replacement?  (Read 336 times)
f00ch0w (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:14:04 AM

Anyone knows a free replacement for mining OS like ethOS? Currently I'm not in the situation to pay all these licenses, since I have a lot of rigs and makers of ethOS and other paid mining systems just ask too much.

Any suggestions?
maxmeme

Activity: 39
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:35:22 AM

Build your own using Ubuntu. Majority of the OS are based on Ubuntu.
Bimmber

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:42:37 AM

SMOS

https://simplemining.net/

Very affordable.
papilyn

Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:17:53 AM

nvOS mining os

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.0

amwer

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:22:52 PM

Anyways consider whether or not you want the ability to mine different coins in the future. EthOS (I use) allows mining with several GPU mineable coins. Windows OS allows mining of almost all coins so its a safe bet always.
Go with what is more familiar and easier for you. I like EthOS because of its relative ease of set-up and use. Also just report nhidog, he keeps doing this and once we get enough reports we can be rid of him.
Bimmber

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:28:04 PM

I moved away from ethos for one of the reasons - I could not individually OC each card. Yes, there is such functionality, but there was a different problem. I have ASUS Z270-A motherboard with 9 gpu slots. To OC card, you need to know which card is plugged in which PCI slot. Here comes a problem. I unplugged all 9 cards, then plugged one in, booted, gpu0 is PCI1, added one more card, gpu1 is PCI2, next gpu2 is PCI 4, then gpu1 is pci 3. It kept changing every time I booted or swapped cards around. I gave up in the end and switched to SMOS where I can see core speed of each card and adjust until it becomes unstable.
JFoxOne

Activity: 640
Merit: 56

minerstat

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 06:59:35 AM

Anyone knows a free replacement for mining OS like ethOS? Currently I'm not in the situation to pay all these licenses, since I have a lot of rigs and makers of ethOS and other paid mining systems just ask too much.

Any suggestions?

minerstat is a market leader if you compare features and price per worker with other services. Only thing missing at this moment is the benchmark feature and also this will be released very soon.

Each worker can have up to 16 GPUs (or 1 ASIC) and costs from 1,40€

Profit switch, scheduler, balance monitoring (pool/wallet), alerts, event triggers, extensive stats, control room, ... AND official invoice for your accountant or to show extra expenses (because why not).

Check it out on mining OS

Tigel

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 07:06:55 AM

My vote goes for nvOC aswell.
hagbase

Activity: 433
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 12:35:08 PM

Simple answer, there is none. 
Go with Windows 10 at least you're able to mine every shitcoin out there.
Go with other mining OS distros like smos, simple mining and so on if you like unstable shit with fee's and with fancy graphics(most important!!!!!).
Or build your own mining OS with ubuntu.

dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 02:24:26 PM

When you say a bunch how many is that 10, 30 or 100's. 

if below 50 then go smos.  If you have over 100 i can prolly talk to heliox for you if all your stuff is standard config.  What I mean is if you have 100 rigs and all 100 are different. 

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:31:14 PM

It's better to use windows 10 for more flexibility to mine other coins and to get more hashrate improvement but depends on your setup.

If you just stay at mining OS they are not so updated compared to install miner with your own updated manually.
The good thing is that you can improve your hashrate and you can mine more coins compared to Mining OS.
evlo

Activity: 155
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 03:02:31 PM

how to oc amds in sw on ubuntu?
JFoxOne

Activity: 640
Merit: 56

minerstat

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 03:25:54 PM

how to oc amds in sw on ubuntu?

You can overclock and (more importantly) undervolt AMD cards with ClockTune

BrucoMining

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 06:19:41 PM

if you want to use windows, you can have a look at other common open source software helpers.

We listed MultiPoolMiner, RainbowMiner and NemosMiner on our website: www.brucomining.com

We offer also a cloud monitoring and notification service, for them all.

Bruco
xsoft

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 07:14:30 PM

You can also stay on EthOS and simply DONT pay a licence fee.
(see http://ethosdistro.com/ at bottom, .. you should but you dont need to).

Sure, you are cutted off monitoring site and irc support, but you can use your own skills and this forum.
Also you can upload json stats file somewhere else to make own monitoring panel. But its more works that its already done.
I guess you know that you can get under 10$ per rig at mass licencing.

(well .. suggest to switch to Windows seems like an opposite to original question).
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 05:51:35 PM

If you are familiar and comfortable with ssh, and infrequently change what you are mining I would use nvOC.

If you want to be able to easily reconfigure via a web interface or frequently change your settings I would try openrig.net.

I charge a 1% fee for using openrig.net however, if you primarily mine Ethash coins; it includes my own custom optimized Ethash mining client that should match or exceed Claymore for 1000 series Nvidia GPUs (the client itself has no fee).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: