Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 02:32:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How would you respond if google creates a cryptocurrency wallet product?  (Read 118 times)
serizawax (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:47:08 AM

Google is the largest company on the internet, and google has become a medium for people socializing in cyberspace, for example gmail products, google duo and others. But there is one important thing on the internet that has not been touched by google is cryptocurrency. I hope someday google can participate in world cryptocurrency especially bitcoin wallet. What do you think?
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18587

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:50:43 AM

There is absolutely zero chance I would use a Google Wallet. Just like other big companies (Facebook, Apple, etc). Google have been shown to collect massive amounts of personal data, and who knows what they do with it. I certainly don't want my cryptocurrency portfolio being linked to my real life identity and available to god knows how many people to look at.

I'll stick with my privacy, thanks.
Rickyperg

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:57:35 AM

If google ever enter the world of cryptocurrencies, would immediately take the monopoly of everything. Who does not use google and its applications? They would certainly be safer and more bug-free. It would have a system of trust behind more body, for this I confirm that it would be the best ever.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:14:59 AM

Google is the largest company on the internet, and google has become a medium for people socializing in cyberspace, for example gmail products, google duo and others. But there is one important thing on the internet that has not been touched by google is cryptocurrency. I hope someday google can participate in world cryptocurrency especially bitcoin wallet. What do you think?

I am actually torn i. Deciding if this would be for a positive outcome or can conjure a negative effect on us. I think that if google would make this it can be a hit because it is backed by a world class company, a known company a d that would play a role on its influence. However, Google has also its known flaws and they have been gaining money on us even if they are offering free services because of the data and information they hather from the search topics we have and that is a problem also
Tonygold1967

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:17:26 AM

I would respond positively, and it will be actually good news, but I do not think it will happen in nearest future.
DasherK

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:20:05 AM

Probably it would have an absolute monopoly since it has always been of great trust for us all. Clear this only if it has a lower cost than all the others.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:21:26 AM

it is not a matter of if, but a matter of when.
they will eventually get involved with bitcoin too. these days everyone is doing it, so they may even be in the process of Research and Development for finding a way to getting involved, a Goggle Wallet for cryptos is not something that far away in my opinion.
not that I would ever use such a thing because it will be centralized and it defeats the purpose of bitcoin but I think it will be a good addition for popularity of bitcoin.

Only Bitcoin
The Crypto Revolution

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:24:54 AM

Interesting question, no doubt google would make a huge success of this if it was ever to happen, but I have to agree with the comments of o_l_e_o who posted above,  I like my privacy, I dont want my portfilio spread all over the internet for anyone to research, (and that would happen as google etc all fishing for info all the time) I spend enough time trying to maintain a certain level of anonymity whilst online, not that I have anything to hide. But because its  should be my choice what I choose to share with the world.  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: