Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:05:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will courts forbid banks in denying service to Bitcoin?  (Read 173 times)
raniadaling

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:30:24 PM

Israeli supreme court issued temporary injunction order forbidding a bank from halting the account activity of bitcoin exchange firm. This has been seen as a major victory of cryptocurrency industry and may set example to other businesses struggling to get bank services.
So given that, will courts of other countries follow suit in forbidding banks to deny services to bitcoin exchanges?
Share your thoughts guys.

https://news.bitcoin.com/israeli-supreme-court-forbids-bank-denying-service-bitcoin-exchange/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications
It is a good move from the Israel government but many government will not take action like this because most of the governments depend of the banks for the revenue so they will support the banks not citizen.But the regulation will give the permanent solution for this kind of problems.So no one can deny us from using bitcoin.

I agree with you. Most courts from other countries will not follow what Israel did. This is due solely by the fact that they don't have any basis for the action of forcing banks to render services to crypto transactions. However, if laws legalizing bitcoin is present in  a country, then that in itself is basis enough.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:40:21 PM

Interesting article. I believe there is a good chance this case will set a legal precedent. After all, whilst I understand that taking out credit to pay for Bitcoin may lead to assets that are difficult to retrieve, this is no different than buying gift cards, or withdrawing it as cash then giving it to someone else to hold. I think the real reason they blocked bitcoin related transactions was due to the competition, and as an attempt to discredit bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. I believe in most EU countries there are laws against this type of behavior, as monopolization is not constructive to competition.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
jayes

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:08:16 AM

Israeli supreme court issued temporary injunction order forbidding a bank from halting the account activity of bitcoin exchange firm. This has been seen as a major victory of cryptocurrency industry and may set example to other businesses struggling to get bank services.
So given that, will courts of other countries follow suit in forbidding banks to deny services to bitcoin exchanges?
Share your thoughts guys.

https://news.bitcoin.com/israeli-supreme-court-forbids-bank-denying-service-bitcoin-exchange/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications

Bitcoin has gain little recognition. The court injunction in Israel will serve as a good sign of victory of cryptocurrency. This will break the bank monopoly of bank services.
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:17:52 AM

This is a positive and interesting new seeing the supreme court for that matter waging into the matter and support cryptocurrency and giving it a face lift, if this judgement is properly executed then it will be the world first crypto backing documents and I believe it will serve as a legal precedent for other country to follow.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: