Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:15:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get a bitcoin hibernation graph  (Read 796 times)
jratcliff63367 (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 08:14:51 PM

I've asked this question before and people just suggest I look at the bitcoin days destroyed chart, but that really doesn't display the data the way I would like to see it.

Here is what I'm interested in seeing.  Let's pick a point before when bitcoin started exploding in value; let's say around January of this year.

Here's what I want to know.  What are the total number of bitcions which have not had any transactions since that time; the outstanding 'hibernating' coins.

I would like to see a graph of the number of coins 'in hibernation' over time since then.

I know that 'days destroyed' somehow or another is supposed to kind of show this, but I would like to just see a straight graph of 'hibernating coins' over time since then.

So, on January 1, 2013 it would be around 10.5million btc and then the graph would go down to whatever it is today, representing coins which are still in hibernation.  I figure any coins which have changed hands this year are more or less 'alive' and the ones which didn't move since the beginning of this year are either (a) lost or (b) somebody is sitting on a pretty big treasure chest.  It would take a lot of will-power not to sell coins you bought at pre-2013 prices at pretty much any time the rest of this year.

If anyone knows how to produce such a graph I would be very interested in seeing it.

Thanks,

John
tristan_luther

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:39:50 AM

I would also be interested.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: