Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:00:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold out or sell Bitcoin?  (Read 3992 times)
CaptainKrypto (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:49:33 AM

With the price starting to creep up again do you think it's a good time to start selling some of my investments or do you think it's worth holding on for a while longer?

We all know how temperamental the market can be but do you think this is just a short term spike?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaylhynne018

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:51:36 AM

With the price starting to creep up again do you think it's a good time to start selling some of my investments or do you think it's worth holding on for a while longer?

We all know how temperamental the market can be but do you think this is just a short term spike?
for my own i think its better to hold it because if you sell it now and tomorrow will be price is increase in 20k USD its a big regret so its better to hold it.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
weston4mills

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:54:26 AM

The best advice you can get here is to hold. Don't sell now. The price is lower than it was in December. It is not wise to sell

Stockus Trading Platform— Join the future of Financial Markets
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 
  ◆ Twitter Facebook • • TelegramMedium  ◆
Destined2B_Rich

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:55:18 AM

If you are dead serious about gaining a profit on bitcoin, You must hold your ground and just get back on your bitcoin next year or so.
CaptainKrypto (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:01:19 AM

Good to hear the answer is coming through the same and seem's sound advice at this time!
l0uisStanley

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:04:26 AM

Only some people will encourage you to sell, those people probably want to buy your bitcoins for a better price Cheesy
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 11:06:30 AM

I think it is better for you to hold it now, than sell it. You said it so, the price is creeping up slowly but surely. When the price goes up, and at its peak, you will regret selling it now. I prefer that you just hold on for now, and then sell it later.
CaptainKrypto (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:07:49 AM

I think it is better for you to hold it now, than sell it. You said it so, the price is creeping up slowly but surely. When the price goes up, and at its peak, you will regret selling it now. I prefer that you just hold on for now, and then sell it later.

Sound advice!

Thank you
Nefarious

Activity: 214

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

If you need the money urgently then no shame in selling & taking profit. If you don't need to access it soon then just hold & wait.
wpc143

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:20:09 AM

If you bought your bitcoin 6 or 7 weeks ago, you can earn big profit if you sell now. Or if you are satisfied with the profit that you will earn if you sell now, then it's good. But for me, It is more wiser if you hold a little longer because the price is still increasing. It may fall back but it won't take a long time to increase.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:23:48 AM

If you ask me I'd only sell if I really have to sell, otherwise will just hold. Half a trillion dollars in market cap is really low for this type of market. In future I am sure within few years we will be talking in trillions in case there's no bad news and bad circumstances around of course. So my advice will be to hold if not even forget about that you have your coins and store them on paper wallet and come and check back later in future.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:29:27 AM

It entirely depends on your own personal circumstances.

Did you buy at a lower price than it is now? In other words are you in profit? And is worrying about the price of bitcoin keeping you awake at night?

If you are in profit, and you are worrying, then sell an amount that makes you feel less exposed to bitcoin.

If you have a lot of other investments and your bitcoins are just play money, then consider holding.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:30:25 AM

Well, if the price is starting to go up, why would you sell? If you want to trade, then it's time to buy or hold your positions. If you want to be really safe about it, it's time to move up your stop losses for example. If you are in it for the long run, then selling is not an option right now, and since we are coming out from the lows, buying is the way to go.

For me, bitcoin enjoyed the news from circle buying poloniex, because it brings trust to the markets. I think we will form a lower high, on the daily time frame, and then enter an tighter equilibrium pattern, and should break either bullish or bearish from there. This set up should take a couple of days to prepare. I think the markets are favoring the bulls right now, so if we don't see any bad news, then we should break the $12k level, and make it as our new support, before the attempt to test the $13k or $14k levels.
CaptainKrypto (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:33:28 AM

It entirely depends on your own personal circumstances.

Did you buy at a lower price than it is now? In other words are you in profit? And is worrying about the price of bitcoin keeping you awake at night?

If you are in profit, and you are worrying, then sell an amount that makes you feel less exposed to bitcoin.

If you have a lot of other investments and your bitcoins are just play money, then consider holding.

This is a good way of thinking about this, I have made a profit from what I bought them at but you always get that niggle in the back of your head saying what if you loose everything, but from the feedback i'm getting here I am getting here it is reassuring me to the idea of holding tight!
ObscurePen

Activity: 385
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:35:37 AM

Look... Like you said Bitcoin price is creeping back up. It is back up to 10000USD. And it doesn't really have a reason to drop. Now it's the time that most investors begin buying Bitcoin. The reason is because the price just dropped and seems to have gained is positive impetus again. So like everyone else said, I would also suggest you you hold your Bitcoin.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 11:41:00 AM

We have experienced the rally in the last quarter of the last year and now the correction so it doesn't make any sense to sell Bitcoins after the rally and it would be a worst decision to sell it in the correction process. As of now, I believe that we are in the last phase of the correction process and price will start reverting soon and we will also see the new all time high level in this year itself so I would never recommend selling so it would be a hold if you are taking my call.
aimata27

Activity: 531

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 11:43:06 AM

It depends on the situation that you're going through. Well if you want to gain higher profit, you must really hold your bitcoins for long term until you are satisfied with the profit that you will get and then go sell it. But if you really need money right now then you know what to do.
shuvo999

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:55:14 PM

The best advice you can get here is to hold. Don't sell now. The price is lower than it was in December. It is not wise to sell
I do not think so there is any problem in holding bitcoin tight for mid of this year because there are chances for bitcoin to increase in prices gradually. We do not need to panic and pay attention to false news spread by other coin teams.
mosbyhimym

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:57:46 PM

Just hold your Bitcoin tight because it's gonna be your oppurtunity for the future.
buternasek

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:01:20 PM

depending on what price you used to buy your bitcoin, if for example if you sell now you get a profit, then it's ok if you sell it now.
but I suggest to hold it first, wait until the end of March.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: