Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:50:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I HATE YOUR SIG CAMPAIGN, ALL OF THEM  (Read 353 times)
The Demon Slick (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:31:37 PM

I wish we could get rid of them all. I hate the stupid huge banner when I'm reading. I hate the stupid posts and stupid threads written just to get sig views. I hate having to scroll down past them. I hate having them on the screen, blasts of useless eyecatching colors in between the posts I want to read. I hate having to try and decide if the poster is stupid, ignorant, in need of help, or just trying to earn a few satoshis.
 I hate hate HATE them.
Ban them all.
Forever.
Alevira_mox

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:46:10 PM

I wish we could get rid of them all. I hate the stupid huge banner when I'm reading. I hate the stupid posts and stupid threads written just to get sig views. I hate having to scroll down past them. I hate having them on the screen, blasts of useless eyecatching colors in between the posts I want to read. I hate having to try and decide if the poster is stupid, ignorant, in need of help, or just trying to earn a few satoshis.
 I hate hate HATE them.
Ban them all.
Forever.

Then go to a different forum. I've looked through many other bitcoin and crypto forums and even despite the signature campaigns here, bitcointalk is one of the cleanest websites in use.

There are no ads or banners that graffiti this site like many others.

Signature campaigns keep the activity high and that's a small price to pay for a little tag bellow a few posts.

If a small combination of pixels is getting you so angry, maybe you should be seeing a psychologist instead of this forum haha.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 03:58:59 PM

Some of them even capitalise the titles. Smiley Actually those stupid glyphs that they include are worse.

I've found the answer, you just put the poster on ignore. It's amazing how much it cleans up the threads. Of course it means the poster has a reduced chance of earning merits, but tough!!

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 04:10:42 PM
Merited by TheQuin (1)

I hate hate HATE them.
Ban them all.
Forever.
There's an option where you can turn off avatar and signature click> profile > layout preferences > then check Don't show users' avatars.
Don't show users' signatures. You could also turn off everything as someone intended/wish to Don't show users at all. click> alt+f4 or unplug everthing you see that's plugged in your house supposedly that's really interesting.

Sorry for my sarcasm at all, but it seems you are not reading just scrolling the scroll button I'm not irritated personally when I'm reading a good topic you can just standby/participate in this section where signature is auto disable by default. > Serious Discussion, Ivory Tower

P.S It has been an issue way back the forum become popular in canaille, it might not be the right section to address this issue as signature advertisements is not, will not, shall not, become forum problem itself.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:12:47 PM

Some of them even capitalise the titles. Smiley Actually those stupid glyphs that they include are worse.

I've found the answer, you just put the poster on ignore. It's amazing how much it cleans up the threads. Of course it means the poster has a reduced chance of earning merits, but tough!!

Exactly what I have been doing. As you also said, no chance for sMerit though.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 04:39:03 PM

Exactly what I have been doing. As you also said, no chance for sMerit though.
I'm not doing this anymore when the merit system was introduced, I'll consider them as human too.
Not to mention we all start from a newbie even satoshi/nullius himself/herself/themselves
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 04:44:18 PM

There are very few discussion there, no difference with inactive forum.

That's why I said standby/participate.
ferrybitcoin.1996

Activity: 294
Merit: 119

For Bounty Hunters, Don't Cheat or You DIE!!

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 04:50:28 PM

There are very few discussion there, no difference with inactive forum.

That's why I said standby/participate.
Are you think OP just butthurt because he/she is in Jr. Member?.
How about he/she is in High-Rank, i am not sure he/she will say like this.
Conclusion, totally hypocrite. Shocked

Alevira_mox

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:56:02 PM

Wait, are you implying that women actually visit and use this forum?!?

*anxiety intensifies*
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 05:09:13 PM

Whether an individual is butthurt or not it depends on them what necessary action to do so.
*anxiety intensifies*

Yes someone I knew also helping the community as a lender in this forum.
this is where I discover this gonegirl4bitcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2965530.msg30459490#msg30459490.
ferrybitcoin.1996

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 05:10:29 PM

*anxiety intensifies*
Why not? Dont judge gender based on their username.
As long OP doesnt have information about Gender, i can assume this person is Male/Female.

FYI, because this is Public Forum, women also have chance to visit here

Alevira_mox

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:21:02 PM

*anxiety intensifies*
Why not? Dont judge gender based on their username.
As long OP doesnt have information about Gender, i can assume this person is Male/Female.

Ask you back, are you implying this forum dominated by Men? Any statistics?

I would be willing to gamble a bitcoin that this forum has more male users than female.

My comment was a sly joke, don't take it seriously.

Besides, the last thing I want to do it argue from a 'white cis male's' standpoint about topics like this.
Sexie

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:11:53 PM

I hate hate HATE them.
Ban them all.
Forever.

Unbelievable! What is your purpose then and why you participate in this forum if you do not like to see all this banners ? Everybody worked  hard for having iit . Do not  give that hate Word because theses banners are the one who will give us rewards at the end of its campaign and  IM sure  that you can not give. You joined the right site but iin your sight is wrongness, you should better look for another site that is more comfortable to your eyes.

center]EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019 [/center]
jhean_arcane

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:33:24 PM

I hate hate HATE them.
Ban them all.
Forever.

Then you joined the wrong forum. Goodbye forever. Please take your negativities somewhere else. Oh, and don't forget to bring your attitude. I hope to read your posts never ever.

█ ▌▐▐ KEPLER // BRINGING AI & ROBOTICS TO THE BLOCKCHAIN▐ ▌▐ █ (http://keplertek.org/#)
jhean_arcane

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:37:30 PM

*anxiety intensifies*

Hi, nice to meet you. I'm a woman.  Roll Eyes

Please don't make any gender-jokes anymore. It's an eyesore for a woman's stand of view, even if it's true that this forum is male-dominated.

█ ▌▐▐ KEPLER // BRINGING AI & ROBOTICS TO THE BLOCKCHAIN▐ ▌▐ █ (http://keplertek.org/#)
MainIbem

Activity: 1358
Merit: 390

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:49:22 PM

I hate hate HATE them.
Ban them all.
Forever.
When has the forum turn to this level of HATE screaming?

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

guschin

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:32:27 PM

I hate hate HATE them.
Ban them all.
Forever.

You do not want advertisements on this forum. May be you are not aware about how websites or forum operates. There are huge costs like hosting fess (which must be huge for a large forum like this). How do you plan to cover those expenses if all those advertisements are removed. Regarding rewarding users with bitcoins in forma of signature campaigns, I think it is one of the reasons behind the huge success of this forum. Suggestions like limiting the number of posts required do appear somewhat practical.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:38:19 PM

I hate hate HATE them.
Ban them all.
Forever.
If anything else,this was a very poor attempt of getting some merits. Undecided

If you're serious,it seems like you have taken bitcointalk too personally and kept it as your only source of information/infotainment.If it's causing you depression,please leave the forum and look for better places to read beautifully crafted posts.
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:38:42 PM

*anxiety intensifies*

Please don't make any gender-jokes anymore. It's an eyesore for a woman's stand of view, even if it's true that this forum is male-dominated.

Preach, girl, preach! C'mon guys, it's 2018. Don't you have any better jokes yet? What's the big deal if women like us are actually part of this forum?  Grin

And to the OP, I hope you are genuinely aware of how this forum works before you joined in. If you're going to be against it, then I guess you're free to go. If not, I wanted to say that the whole platform will not adjust for your own happiness, but since this forum is so flexible, some of the members here already told you what you can do so you can stop whining. Posts like this is truly unnecessary, let's try to be informative next time.
ferrybitcoin.1996

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 02:20:29 AM

*anxiety intensifies*

Preach, girl, preach! C'mon guys, it's 2018. Don't you have any better jokes yet? What's the big deal if women like us are actually part of this forum?  Grin

And to the OP, I hope you are genuinely aware of how this forum works before you joined in. If you're going to be against it, then I guess you're free to go. If not, I wanted to say that the whole platform will not adjust for your own happiness, but since this forum is so flexible, some of the members here already told you what you can do so you can stop whining. Posts like this is truly unnecessary, let's try to be informative next time.
I dont know, have something wrong with him/her.
That joke is lame.. Uuggh Angry

But, i dont care. OP is newbie and yah, they are more flexible make useless post.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: