Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:21:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 10 Spectacular ICO Failures  (Read 89 times)
Dany44 (OP)

Activity: 290
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:35:02 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2018, 01:19:39 PM by Dany44

ICOs have a failure rate of more than 50 percent, and there have been some big ones already

ICOs, which have really only been around in full flight for a few years, have had an interesting growth pattern. The hype that was 2017 when it came to ICOs saw a lot of bright ideas, with very little execution.

There have been many failures along the way, in fact, nearly half of all ICOs from 2017 have already failed, some within only months.

The ICO environment

As ICOmania grows and continues to grow, more money was thrown at the market, and more companies were tasked with pulling off their promises. Some of these companies failed speculatory while others have slowly died and taken their investors money with them.

2017 was the best year yet in terms of money raised through ICOs as it was calculated that over $3 bln was raised in that year alone.

But that money raised hasn't all been appropriated well, below is a list of 10 of the biggest ICO failures on record.

https://cryptocomes.com/top-10-spectacular-ico-failures

★★★★★★★★  The Fastest Crypto News. ★★★★★★★★
u.today
Join Telegram Channel
bhnetwork

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:47:07 PM

LOL, Gems only popular in Uzbekistan... well better than nothing. But seriously, there must be tons of other similarly spectacular failures...
Cryptoprimes

Activity: 218
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 03:34:35 PM

LOL, Gems only popular in Uzbekistan... well better than nothing. But seriously, there must be tons of other similarly spectacular failures...
Could you please specify other ones? I am just a bit confused about this overwhelmed market.

★★★★★★★★  Cryptocurrency Knowledge Hub ★★★★★★★★
CryptoDetail.com
Learn Blockchain Programming, Mining, Trading
MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:37:37 PM

Thanks for posting the article.

It's really no surprise that so many ICOs fail. Many ICO founders are new to the market and are just looking to get rich. Hope these kinds of ICOs start disappearing in 2018.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1055
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:38:46 PM

I'd add Moneypot and Mindpass to the list. Though they never went through ICO, their proposed ICO was hyped a lot and they withdrew the plan in the last moment destroying the fame of both companies.

emmmmm

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:40:22 PM

So much of the ICO project failure is not a surprise, because I think most of the ICO project is a scam, they didn't have any value, then they exist only meaning to circle the money, that's all.

Panda Trump

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 03:45:04 PM

ICOs have a failure rate of more than 50 percent, and there have been some big ones already

ICOs, which have really only been around in full flight for a few years, have had an interesting growth pattern. The hype that was 2017 when it came to ICOs saw a lot of bright ideas, with very little execution.

There have been many failures along the way, in fact, nearly half of all ICOs from 2017 have already failed, some within only months.

The ICO environment

As ICOmania grows and continues to grow, more money was thrown at the market, and more companies were tasked with pulling off their promises. Some of these companies failed speculatory while others have slowly died and taken their investors money with them.

2017 was the best year yet in terms of money raised through ICOs as it was calculated that over $3 bln was raised in that year alone.

But that money raised hasn't all been appropriated well, below is a list of 10 of the biggest ICO failures on record.

Pretty neat how many large ICOs fail so hard. Onecoin wasn't really a failure though, I believe? Of course, the investors lost money, but that was the whole point of it...
I'd say the OneCoin scammers succeeded in their quest! Having that money scammed away might actually be beneficial to the world: Dumb people shouldn't get more money, as that only has negative effects.

So much of the ICO project failure is not a surprise, because I think most of the ICO project is a scam, they didn't have any value, then they exist only meaning to circle the money, that's all.

Sadly, that's very true Sad

tutchpa

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

CV proof..best project 2018

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:02:26 PM

a dont know the figures but i accept there are the large amount of unsuccessful icos in these days.most important thing is selecting good ico.fo that you have to selecct good ico with good project concept.how to select good project concept? i would like to explain this with an example,
cvproof, its a project which started there public sale 5 days ago(March 1st) it based on job market.it connects job seekers and human resource managers of companies via a website called cvproof.com. a token is used to maintain that network.so i think you can realize how important that concept is?its the first time we heard about that kind of project.so never afraid to this kind of projects.good luck

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CVProof.com - SECURING JOB'S CREDENTIALS   ◆   [Join ICO Now]   ◆   Whitepaper / ANN Thread   ◆   TFSTL
Cryptoprimes

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 11:50:41 AM

a dont know the figures but i accept there are the large amount of unsuccessful icos in these days.most important thing is selecting good ico.fo that you have to selecct good ico with good project concept.how to select good project concept? i would like to explain this with an example,
cvproof, its a project which started there public sale 5 days ago(March 1st) it based on job market.it connects job seekers and human resource managers of companies via a website called cvproof.com. a token is used to maintain that network.so i think you can realize how important that concept is?its the first time we heard about that kind of project.so never afraid to this kind of projects.good luck

It feels like you are promoting stuff here. I ve seen a lot of such projects last 2 years.

CryptoDetail.com
ICO Lancer

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 11:53:49 AM

The ICO environment

One thing I noticed that they all have in common is that they raise a huge amount of money and then still failed. Goes to show that no ICO is too big to fail.

Makes me think about the Telegram ICO - it is said that it's the biggest ICO to date. I'm interested as to how that'll go.
cunese

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:01:23 PM

I was so lucky that I nearly invested in gems, and a few of my friends invested in gems and caused their huge losses. The market for crypto money is a mess, and you can't invest in ico.

tyoA7X

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:08:15 PM

I think coindash is the most unfortunate. these project failed because of a hacker who changed his deposit address on the website, this accident make a lesson to other ICO in the future to be careful with the deposit address

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 12:14:06 PM

It is surprising that the above mentioned projects collected a lot of money. indeed, 2017 was very successful for many projects, even those who have become a scam and collected money without even a technical description, I think that in 2018 there will be much more projects in connection with the large number of people involved in crypto and the development of the blockchain, especially the involvement of large campaigns in the blockchain and their development at a new level. However, people are becoming smarter and many scam projects simply can not take off on the wave of hype.
darkarchon88

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:24:24 PM

I invested in SETH and loose 80% profit at the moment. Big fail decision Sad
Cryptoprimes

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 02:06:54 PM

I invested in SETH and loose 80% profit at the moment. Big fail decision Sad
Wow. Sorry man. Why did you choose them?

CryptoDetail.com
heinz975
Copper Member

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:34:03 AM

The ICO environment

AirdropWeekly

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:36:50 AM

Thanks for sharing, it helps to understand how not to invest in ICO.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: