Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:54:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Am Giving Away 5 Bitcoins  (Read 6637 times)
tristan_luther (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 02:08:12 AM

I am giving away 5 bitcoins as a reward in return for getting 13 real-world businesses to start accepting bitcoin payments.

In order to receive the reward, you must prove that you have convinced and helped a real business with a physical presence (not online-only businesses) start accepting bitcoin payments for in-person transactions. Its bitcoin acceptance policy must then be advertised at the physical location and on the internet.

This may not be a business that previously accepted bitcoins. The minimum business size is approximately 3,000 USD monthly revenue or 4 employees (possible exceptions).

Proof should be provided in this thread so that members of the bitcoin community can judge the validity of claims.

5 bitcoins will be distributed at the end of October as follows: the reward for the largest business will be 1 bitcoin, 0.5 bitcoins for the next 4 largest, and 0.25 bitcoins for the next 8.

btcusr

Activity: 405
Merit: 255

@_vjy

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 02:25:40 AM

Great. All the best. Smiley

Veldt Gold

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 02:30:42 AM

Very nice!!!

You are helping the community with your contribution!

VELDT GOLD - your full service bitcoin to bullion dealer!
tristan_luther (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 02:35:38 AM

Very nice!!!

You are helping the community with your contribution!
Great. All the best. Smiley

I only hope my reward will be claimed.
Veldt Gold

Activity: 295

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 02:46:23 AM

This is a long time friend who has been wanting to starting taking BTC for awhile. He will now get a kick in the ass from us.

http://www.sdsoundsolutions.com/

VELDT GOLD - your full service bitcoin to bullion dealer!
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 02:47:57 AM

Hey can it include a radio station that accepts bitcoin as ads payment or donation? It has both physical studio and internet radio.
tristan_luther (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 02:55:41 AM

Hey can it include a radio station that accepts bitcoin as ads payment or donation? It has both physical studio and internet radio.

Well, it's not exactly what I had in mind, but I suppose it would be valid, so long as you meet the proof criteria. Ad payments count, but donations do not.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 04:28:47 AM

Just ship the 5BTC to Tuxavant: http://bitcoinsinvegas.com/category/bitcoin-accepted-here/

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
SPC_Bitcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Coffee makes it all better!

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:06:50 AM

Awesome! (in for follow)

NEVER GOT PAID.
waqas

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:13:13 AM

you are doing one of best thing for the community my all best wishes with you good luck Grin

nestpas

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:32:30 AM

I'd like to see where this goes. I probably won't be able to do it before others do, but I'd like to see this unfold.
MerchantMiner

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:41:53 AM

I am giving away 5 bitcoins as a reward in return for getting 13 real-world businesses to start accepting bitcoin payments.

In order to receive the reward, you must prove that you have convinced and helped a real business with a physical presence (not online-only businesses) start accepting bitcoin payments for in-person transactions. Its bitcoin acceptance policy must then be advertised at the physical location and on the internet.

This may not be a business that previously accepted bitcoins. The minimum business size is approximately 3,000 USD monthly revenue or 4 employees (possible exceptions).

Proof should be provided in this thread so that members of the bitcoin community can judge the validity of claims.

5 bitcoins will be distributed at the end of October as follows: the reward for the largest business will be 1 bitcoin, 0.5 bitcoins for the next 4 largest, and 0.25 bitcoins for the next 8.

Love this idea its why ive gotten so into bit coin and this forum because the people here are really looking out for everyone in the end. so if i can get my local well established fruit and veg shop into bit coin i could win a bit coin. and spend my bit coin buying good healthy food . I like a challenge
ronimacarroni

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 02:51:47 PM

I've been listening to NPR and I've been thinking they could use bitcoins.
Given that they're always doing fund drives and all.
victorhing
Legendary

Activity: 1436
Merit: 1123

CoinRoyale.com

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 05:13:20 PM

That's very generous of you and thank you for doing this.

I'm in the midst of convincing a couple of brick and mortar businesses to accept Bitcoins. However, they are about half the requirements (around USD$1500 revenue + 1-2 employees). Would you consider to reduce the requirements (and rightfully with lower reward)?

virtualmaster

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:10:09 PM

Good intentions but the number 13 is unlucky. 12 is lucky.

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:23:18 PM

OP: You should post an address for donation. Either to offset your cost, increase the reward to the 13 winners, or to increase the number of prizes available. You pick, but I think you'll see a lot of us support this effort.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:55:48 PM

That's very generous of you and thank you for doing this.

I'm in the midst of convincing a couple of brick and mortar businesses to accept Bitcoins. However, they are about half the requirements (around USD$1500 revenue + 1-2 employees). Would you consider to reduce the requirements (and rightfully with lower reward)?

Where do you live? Even corner grocery stores make more than $3k a month in revenue in my country. Revenue is not the same as profit you know!
The Bitcoin Catalog

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 06:58:06 PM

Let them know that we can add them in the local section of our next edition for free  Smiley

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
Follow us on twitter! @BTCcatalog
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:58:18 PM

OP what's stopping people from sharing the bounty with the business owner in exchange for a photo of his shop with the bitcoin logo in the window and a page on his website? This bounty won't achieve what you want to achieve.
Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:24:00 PM

These gimmick promotions pop up all the time with no one ever receiving the bounty.  Could you you possible put the reserve funds in escrow with a reputable 3rd party?  It would bring some legitimacy to your great idea.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: