Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 11:33:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Am Giving Away 5 Bitcoins  (Read 6637 times)
tristan_luther (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 10:13:28 AM

Is there a credible member of the bitcoin community who would like to serve as the judge for this contest?

I'll do it for 0.1 BTC.

OK, you are the leading candidate to be the judge at this moment. Hopefully some submissions will start coming in soon, so you can help verify that they are legitimate according to the rules set forth in the original post.
sacskate

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:17:56 PM

im going to get my business to except here is a link to the current website and I will post again once I get everything set up.

www.rosevillepartyplace.com

we do aprox 90k
jeffhuys

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:41:51 AM

Very nice initiative, OP. Sadly, I'm not in a powerful enough position to change a business's mind.

Loozik

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:47:15 AM

I am giving away 5 bitcoins as a reward in return for getting 13 real-world businesses to start accepting bitcoin payments.

1. Will you be servicing then these businesses as a payment processor?

2. If yes, are those BTC 5 a remuneration for bringing you the clients?
tristan_luther (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 11:25:51 PM

I am giving away 5 bitcoins as a reward in return for getting 13 real-world businesses to start accepting bitcoin payments.

1. Will you be servicing then these businesses as a payment processor?

2. If yes, are those BTC 5 a remuneration for bringing you the clients?

I am absolutely doing this solely in my own self-interest. The more ways bitcoins can be exchanged for real-world goods and services, the more the valuable my bitcoins will become. The 5 BTC are remuneration for helping the value of my bitcoins increase. But I am not in the payment processing business. Payment processors are very important in making it easier and more appealing for businesses to accept bitcoins, so I hope that they will innovate and expand, and that more of them will enter the arena.
tristan_luther (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 11:27:45 PM

Very nice initiative, OP. Sadly, I'm not in a powerful enough position to change a business's mind.

Still, a word to a local business you frequent or to a friend or family with a small business would help. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
awesomeami

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:06:04 AM

you are doing one of best thing for the community my all best wishes with you good luck Grin
You and I Wink can do, too.  Wink
No matter 5 or 50BTC or only 50mBTC.
We all can and should do it Smiley
That's our job! Make bitcoins to be accepted everywhere.
That's one of my bitcoin_projects I am working on and wanna promote in December  Grin

Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 12:51:16 AM

Submitting my resume for consideration...

BitcoinsInVegas.com

If I win, the booty will go to my bitcoin briefcase fund and pay out 4:1. I.E. Someone drops a quarter in the bitcoin briefcase, they get a dollar in bitcoins.

tristan_luther (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:01:56 AM

Submitting my resume for consideration...

BitcoinsInVegas.com

If I win, the booty will go to my bitcoin briefcase fund and pay out 4:1. I.E. Someone drops a quarter in the bitcoin briefcase, they get a dollar in bitcoins.

https://i.imgur.com/pxheqsz.jpg

That is a cool website, but what exactly is your business? It seems like that is just a listing of local bitcoin businesses and events.
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 12:44:04 PM

My business is promoting Bitcoin to local merchants. The website directory is just one of the incentives to get them to be interested. All the businesses listed accept bitcoin in some manner. Either directly for goods and services, or they are experimenting with receiving bitcoin tips only. If they are agreeable to try bitcoin, then they get listed. If I list them and they stop accepting Bitcoin, then they are delisted. There are two guys actively pursuing new merchants for BIV, myself and "Brett".

The events are called Bitcoin Lunch Mobs and happen every Wednesday. About 60 of us communicate through a distro list to find more local merchants that might be interested, discuss latest news and trends, and coordinate where the next lunch mob will be. Between 8 and 12 show up each week to support the businesses that are toying with the idea.

Now that my briefcase is operational, I'll be spending weekend mornings at the local bagel shop letting people know they can use their pocket change to buy my bitcoins and spend them right there on their bagels.

I've also done several podcasts promoting Bitcoins to the tech community in Las Vegas.

https://twitter.com/DowntownPodcast/status/385154829464911873 (Bitcoin fun starts at two minutes)

Last week, I offered $100 of my own money to be divided up equally to anyone that shows up next week that has a bitcoin wallet installed on their phone. This happens tomorrow night.

tristan_luther (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:07:58 PM

My business is promoting Bitcoin to local merchants. The website directory is just one of the incentives to get them to be interested. All the businesses listed accept bitcoin in some manner. Either directly for goods and services, or they are experimenting with receiving bitcoin tips only. If they are agreeable to try bitcoin, then they get listed. If I list them and they stop accepting Bitcoin, then they are delisted. There are two guys actively pursuing new merchants for BIV, myself and "Brett".

The events are called Bitcoin Lunch Mobs and happen every Wednesday. About 60 of us communicate through a distro list to find more local merchants that might be interested, discuss latest news and trends, and coordinate where the next lunch mob will be. Between 8 and 12 show up each week to support the businesses that are toying with the idea.

Now that my briefcase is operational, I'll be spending weekend mornings at the local bagel shop letting people know they can use their pocket change to buy my bitcoins and spend them right there on their bagels.

I've also done several podcasts promoting Bitcoins to the tech community in Las Vegas.

https://twitter.com/DowntownPodcast/status/385154829464911873 (Bitcoin fun starts at two minutes)

Last week, I offered $100 of my own money to be divided up equally to anyone that shows up next week that has a bitcoin wallet installed on their phone. This happens tomorrow night.

Brilliant.
tristan_luther (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:13:18 PM

you are doing one of best thing for the community my all best wishes with you good luck Grin
You and I Wink can do, too.  Wink
No matter 5 or 50BTC or only 50mBTC.
We all can and should do it Smiley
That's our job! Make bitcoins to be accepted everywhere.
That's one of my bitcoin_projects I am working on and wanna promote in December  Grin

Looking forward to it.
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 02:12:38 PM

Nice idea! Let's spread the word Smiley
I will comeback for my bitcoins Wink
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 05:42:04 AM

I have to sign up some more restaurants now that CoinFest is over. I will send you a list of contacts for business owners we made take Bitcoin, soon, once that's done. Is there some kind of deadline or format?

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: