Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:42:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: loving the new updates  (Read 136 times)
Stigmuu (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:23:00 PM

i do.like having this kind of merits if you post informative and knowledgeable posts, others give u merits for your post if they it. So we can avoid writing a nonsense comments. We could able to.take time reading every post cause we can get knowledge and ideas.about what their topic is all about. t
How about you , what's your insights about this?
andrino

Activity: 193

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:12:29 PM

I don't doubt the system of merit but I doubt 100% the communities to read one by one every message because it takes more time and doubted that all qualitative post will be merited. Hopefully that there are merit sources to commit themselves and do it, but really I'm not sure if it will happen.
heavenly lobster

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:37:23 PM

There are so many other topics about merits. I think that starting another one is pointless.

Yeah merits are good, yeah merits are bad. Only time will tell if they are effective in generating post quality.

I don't doubt the system of merit but I doubt 100% the communities to read one by one every message because it takes more time and doubted that all qualitative post will be merited. Hopefully that there are merit sources to commit themselves and do it, but really I'm not sure if it will happen.

Was your post made using google translate?

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:26:58 PM

My only problem with that is human nature, people are grateful for help you given them with your post, but they won't give you merit in 90% of cases. Why? Because they don't know what it is, how it works, that they should do that, that you need it etc.
There is too many cases that people didnt get merit when they should.

Human nature, thats all.
Stigmuu (OP)

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:37:11 PM

My only problem with that is human nature, people are grateful for help you given them with your post, but they won't give you merit in 90% of cases. Why? Because they don't know what it is, how it works, that they should do that, that you need it etc.
There is too many cases that people didnt get merit when they should.

Human nature, thats all.
yeah, people have different perspective and look up in this thought, maybe its your gratitude to give or not on how do your read that every post..it is our freedom to make this things work.,.thanks for the thoughts
Olrac

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:41:08 PM

I find the merit system good and beneficial to those who really excel in sharing their ideas and opinions, doing research about the topic and all. But in line with it's implementation, most of the members here in the forum are quite bitter and they hate it because it will take longer for them to rank up and earn more stakes during signature. For me, this merit system should have been implemented way back bitcointalk forum started just to be fair for everyone.
fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 01:22:01 PM

I find the merit system good and beneficial to those who really excel in sharing their ideas and opinions, doing research about the topic and all. But in line with it's implementation, most of the members here in the forum are quite bitter and they hate it because it will take longer for them to rank up and earn more stakes during signature. For me, this merit system should have been implemented way back bitcointalk forum started just to be fair for everyone.

The merit system WOULD be a good one if only people would actually give the merit to whom deserves it.

I have lost count of the times I answered questions, provided links with the solutions and got absolutely nothing in return.

So, I don't think it is THE solution and frankly I am not fully happy about it.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:34:06 PM

The merit system WOULD be a good one if only people would actually give the merit to whom deserves it.

I have lost count of the times I answered questions, provided links with the solutions and got absolutely nothing in return.

So, I don't think it is THE solution and frankly I am not fully happy about it.

Give it time. theymos has already said that he's willing to make adjustments if need be. To my understanding, he wants activity to still be the limiting factor when it comes to ranking up, so even the average joes should be able to rank up without problems if they just contribute. Source:

I'll see how things are in a month or two and think about it. Basically, the "ideal new user" should be able to easily and without any particular "merit farming" be able to far exceed the merit requirements; for them, activity should be the limiting factor. If this is not achievable, then I absolutely will make tweaks until that goal is reached. But it's too early to say at this point.

I did consider a 1-point requirement for Member when designing the system, but I thought it might be too easy. We'll see.

Then again, he could only be talking about the transition to the Member rank, which is basically 10 merits in 60 days. Either way, he wants the whole process to be easier.

universal3ee

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:43:34 PM

i do.like having this kind of merits if you post informative and knowledgeable posts, others give u merits for your post if they it. So we can avoid writing a nonsense comments. We could able to.take time reading every post cause we can get knowledge and ideas.about what their topic is all about. t

This can be a good practice for this new merit system to avoid spams and unconstructive post, however this is a new system for this forum so most of the members are not use to giving merits to members with good and valuable post. I guess maybe it will take some time for senior forum members to get used to smerit and help new members level up.

━  ━━  ━━━       colletrix       ━━━  ━━  ━        [ I E O June 2019 ]        ━
Bridging the Physical and V (https://www.colletrix.com/#/)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: